Windows 10: How do I get rid of this awful media box next to the volume control?

Discus and support How do I get rid of this awful media box next to the volume control? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OXIOXIOXI [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OXIOXIOXI, Nov 6, 2020.

1. How do I get rid of this awful media box next to the volume control?

/u/OXIOXIOXI, Nov 6, 2020
  2. joeka---01, Nov 6, 2020
  3. volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

How do I get rid of this awful media box next to the volume control?

Volume controll

Hi Geoffrey,

One of the possible reasons why the volume control of your device reduced by 80% is due to an incompatible or outdated audio driver. To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we would like to ask the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any recent changes before you encountered this issue?
    • What is the build and version of Windows that you’re using? To check, type
      winver in the Search box and send us a screenshot of the information window.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

How do I get rid of this awful media box next to the volume control?

1. How do I get rid of this awful media box next to the volume control? - Similar Threads - rid awful media

2. How do I get rid of this black box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of this black box: i was trying to test my pc by pressing every button on my keyboard and afterwards a small black box appeared on the bottom right of my screen and will only appear when in a game...
  3. How do I get rid of this black box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of this black box: i was trying to test my pc by pressing every button on my keyboard and afterwards a small black box appeared on the bottom right of my screen and will only appear when in a game...
  4. How to get rid of the big volume changing box

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of the big volume changing box: Whenever I adjust the volume a big box appears telling me what I am watching/listening to. It is really annoying and intrusive. How do I switch this off? I know what I'm listening to. I just want to see the volume submitted by /u/MaroonCrow [link] [comments]...
  5. How do I get rid of this giant rectangle next to my volume bar. Firefox Browser if that's...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of this giant rectangle next to my volume bar. Firefox Browser if that's...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/-Steven909- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j0g9wm/how_do_i_get_rid_of_this_giant_rectangle_next_to/
  6. getting rid of volume control on left screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    getting rid of volume control on left screen: does anyone know how I can get rid of or hide the volume control, which is now displaying on the top left of my screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-rid-of-volume-control-on-left-screen/be1d3d79-fcd0-43ad-9e21-0f09d8599904
  7. How do I get rid of this annoying "Media notification/control panel"

in Browsers and Email
    How do I get rid of this annoying "Media notification/control panel": Today I open youtube, and a game I've been wanting to play. Youtube is playing on my second screen while I'm playing a game on the other screen. Suddenly I notice a weird media control panel, that shows me the name of the video im playing on youtube, and 4 controls: volume,...
  8. How do I get rid of pause window that appears next to volume slider?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get rid of pause window that appears next to volume slider?: [img] The box that I highlighted in the picture has became very annoying to me. I must've accidentally pressed something. can someone please tell how to get rid of this? Thank you. 135217
  9. How do i get rid of the media controller at the top left of the screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i get rid of the media controller at the top left of the screen.: The highlighted red part on the top left of the screen. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-media-controller-at-the/d88d45ee-7f0a-476a-9b3c-f48c547d56aa
  10. how do I get rid of hover info box

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I get rid of hover info box: When I hover over a picture with my pointer, an information box appears blocking a lot of the picture …. how do I get rid of that annoying feature?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-hover-info-box/f4237fc4-09c6-498f-96a7-d7728777c18e