Windows 10: How do i get rid of this pop up that i get when I start my desktop computer

Discus and support How do i get rid of this pop up that i get when I start my desktop computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [IMG] This is the pop up that I get when I start my computer. I can close it by clicking on the x but how can I stop it from popping up when i start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WondaCorcoran, Apr 5, 2019.

1. How do i get rid of this pop up that i get when I start my desktop computer

How do i get rid of this pop up that i get when I start my desktop computer [​IMG] This is the pop up that I get when I start my computer. I can close it by clicking on the x but how can I stop it from popping up when i start my desktop computer?

:)

WondaCorcoran, Apr 5, 2019
  2. Donna Men Win User

annoying desktop pop ups

Hi Sheena,

Pop ups can be distracting for some, and depending on your reference, you can disable the desktop pop ups by following these steps:

• Click Start or the Windows logo and go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Go to System and choose Notification & actions.
    • Under Notifications, turn off Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows or whatever you want to turn off.
    • Close the window and it will automatically save the changes.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Donna Men, Apr 5, 2019
  3. I have a second "ghost" desktop in Windows 10. I do not know where or when it appeared and cannot get rid of it. How do I get rid of it?

Recently, a "ghost" desktop has appeared on my computer. It shows a list of a number of website tabs behind my desktop icons. Clicking on the exit "X" does not get rid of it. Nothing seems to get rid of it. Can anyone suggest a solution?

DougPowers, Apr 5, 2019
  4. John Fue Win User

How do i get rid of this pop up that i get when I start my desktop computer

Start menu popping up

Hi SibyJoy,

To address your issue with your Windows 10 follow the suggested steps below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search
      box from the desktop and click Troubleshooting.
    • Select View All option in the left pane and select the
      Hardware and Devices
    • Click on Next to perform the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Method 2: If the issue still persists,
    Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Method 3: Perform Clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict.

Note: Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing your issue. You need to follow the steps from the article:

KB929135
    to perform a Clean Boot.

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Thanks.

John Fue, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

How do i get rid of this pop up that i get when I start my desktop computer

1. How do i get rid of this pop up that i get when I start my desktop computer - Similar Threads - rid pop start

2. How do I get rid of the screen that comes up when starting the computer "the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of the screen that comes up when starting the computer "the...: A screen comes up when starting the computer "there is an error and we are collecting information; we will restart the computer" I would like to get rid of this screen. The computer is not restarted and the screen has been coming up now for a long time....
  3. How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?: MacAfee pop-ups tell me I have 5 viruses and I can't get rid of the pop-ups. Tell me hoe to do this, please. One third of my screen is covered with them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-mcafee-pop-ups/cd0f1c27-c541-4af0-aa2e-7bda0e578242
  4. How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?

How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?: MacAfee pop-ups tell me I have 5 viruses and I can't get rid of the pop-ups. Tell me hoe to do this, please. One third of my screen is covered with them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-mcafee-pop-ups/cd0f1c27-c541-4af0-aa2e-7bda0e578242
  5. How do I get rid of this constant pop-up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of this constant pop-up?: I keep getting constant pop-ups saying "Windows cannot find '\tmp\drvboost.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." link to image is below. How do I fix this?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q7SZ-Yt93XdRwp2d8m7D_iZaMTGtBRC7/view?usp=drivesdk...
  6. How do I get rid of this constant pop-up?

How do I get rid of this constant pop-up?: I keep getting constant pop-ups saying "Windows cannot find '\tmp\drvboost.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." link to image is below. How do I fix this?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q7SZ-Yt93XdRwp2d8m7D_iZaMTGtBRC7/view?usp=drivesdk...
  7. How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?: I have a Cortana pop-up that I can't get rid of on my Dell G15 notebook. It just appeared recently after a tech made some changes to my computer. I cannot get rid of this pop-up. It's always there when I toggle between the open apps on my PC. When I go to uninstall it, I find...
  8. How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?

How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?: I have a Cortana pop-up that I can't get rid of on my Dell G15 notebook. It just appeared recently after a tech made some changes to my computer. I cannot get rid of this pop-up. It's always there when I toggle between the open apps on my PC. When I go to uninstall it, I find...
  9. How do I get rid of Microsoft offers that pop up when I start my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I get rid of Microsoft offers that pop up when I start my computer: I have never seen this before and I don't want to ever see it again. I restarted my computer this morning and got an advertisement for Microsoft services that wouldn't close unless I clicked "skip for now". I didn't want to click that because "for now" doesn't describe my...
  10. How do I get rid of Facebook desktop pop-ups

How do I get rid of Facebook desktop pop-ups: I upgraded to Windows 10 recently and now I get a pop-up whenever I get a new Facebook message. This pop up shows the whole message near the action centre. I have tried disabling every notification setting on my computer and I don't have the Facebook app. How do I turn...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get rid of pop ups on my desktop

2. ms gaming overlay

3. ms-gaming overlay

4. what is win erx03 message windows 10,
  5. get rid of pop ups on desktop,
  6. ms gaming overlay pop up,
  7. gaming overlay,
  8. ms-gaming overlay disable,
  9. win erx03 pop up,
  10. how do i get rid of pop ups on my desktop,
  11. how do i get rid of pop ups on my desk top,