Windows 10: How do I get rid of two "phantom" network shares?

Discus and support How do I get rid of two "phantom" network shares? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Tricky one for me, hope you can help. I created three network shares all pointing to the USB HDD "NAS" coming off my router. Only ONE is actually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Powerman, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Powerman Win User

How do I get rid of two "phantom" network shares?

Tricky one for me, hope you can help.

I created three network shares all pointing to the USB HDD "NAS" coming off my router. Only ONE is actually mapped but all three are accessible via drilling down under Network. I want to delete two of them, except the actual mapped drive with the green arrow pointing to it in the following picture:

How do I get rid of two "phantom" network shares? [​IMG]

I can't find a way to do it in Windows. Do I have to login to my Router and do it from there?
    The Router uses some built-in software and I forget it's weird name. Maybe Twonky?

Cheers. *Sick

:)

Powerman, Nov 6, 2018
  2. 24C
    24c Win User

Phantom router on network

Recently I've noticed a "phantom" router appearing in my network. The Belkin router is not mine, the Linksys is.

Properties of the Belkin router list serial number, MAC address, model number, model, manufacturer, but no IP address. It only shows up on my desktop, not the Pro 3's or HP laptop's File Explorer under Network.

Desktop is connected to network with a Netgear WNDA3100v3 N600 Dual Band USB Adapter - WPA2-PSK security type. Pro 3 and Laptop connect to network with their internal wireless connections

Haven't noticed any "strange" behavior, or usage, on my machines, but am curious as to why it is appearing in my network.

Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?

How do I get rid of two "phantom" network shares? [​IMG]

3. Helmut Win User
    Phantom router on network

Phantom devices has been going on since Windows 8.1
    Don't worry about them, I get a varying selection of neighbours phones, printers, smart TVs etc. They are not connecting, as you have noted no IP address.

"Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?"

My Netgear Modem/Router/WAP does just that. Just look in Advanced Tab > Administration > Attached Devices. It lists wired, wireless 2.4G and 5G Devices.

Helmut, Nov 6, 2018
  4. How do I get rid of two "phantom" network shares?

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

How do I get rid of two "phantom" network shares?

1. How do I get rid of two "phantom" network shares? - Similar Threads - rid phantom network

2. Get rid of phantom user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get rid of phantom user?: According to all of the This PC folders there is a phantom user on my computer. Every folder there says it's deejh that is the user. However, I went into Command Prompt as an administrator and this is what it says are the users on my Lenovo:As you can see, there as no user...
  3. Get rid of phantom user?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get rid of phantom user?: According to all of the This PC folders there is a phantom user on my computer. Every folder there says it's deejh that is the user. However, I went into Command Prompt as an administrator and this is what it says are the users on my Lenovo:As you can see, there as no user...
  4. i need help with getting rid of a phantom administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help with getting rid of a phantom administrator: I recently factory reset my pc but I no longer have access to my D drive and most of the files in it. whenever I try to do something it says that the administrator has blocked the files. When I check for other users it says there are no there users on the PC. If anyone knows...
  5. i need help with getting rid of a phantom administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need help with getting rid of a phantom administrator: I recently factory reset my pc but I no longer have access to my D drive and most of the files in it. whenever I try to do something it says that the administrator has blocked the files. When I check for other users it says there are no there users on the PC. If anyone knows...
  6. i need help with getting rid of a phantom administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i need help with getting rid of a phantom administrator: I recently factory reset my pc but I no longer have access to my D drive and most of the files in it. whenever I try to do something it says that the administrator has blocked the files. If anyone knows what's going on could you please tell me what it is and how to fix it as...
  7. W10 phantom user account...how do I get rid of it

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    W10 phantom user account...how do I get rid of it: My W10 ver18.362 desktop boots up to a user account that is not showing in my user account settings There are two user accounts on my pc but my PC always boots up to a user account that has not existed for over a year. I then have to change user accounts to one of the two...
  8. How do I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of this?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/38xu0w453hy31.png?width=315&format=png&auto=webp&s=95413fc223b9cf0dd50763f721c5cb831c00315d I've had this in my start menu for a while, not sure what it is... I got it when I installed 1093 I believe and it's still here after installing...
  9. How do I get rid of two "phantom" network shares?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get rid of two "phantom" network shares?: Tricky one for me, hope you can help. I created three network shares all pointing to the USB HDD coming off my router. Only ONE is actually mapped but all three are accessible via drilling down under Network. I want to delete two of them, except the actual mapped drive with...
  10. How do I "get rid" of network credentials?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I "get rid" of network credentials?: I have backup software that takes a backup to a secure share on a NAS drive. When it's done the connection/session/whatever is left open so the share can still be accessed without reentering the credentials. How do I tell windows to break the connection (or whatever the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows how to get rid of network 2