Windows 10: how do I get SAFE MODE on Windows 10 I have a Microsoft Account for that device

Discus and support how do I get SAFE MODE on Windows 10 I have a Microsoft Account for that device in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I use back up and restore and it failed on my windows 10 , I need the SAFE MODE BOOT UP, How do I find it on Windows 10 ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by timothylong1, Jul 18, 2020.

1. how do I get SAFE MODE on Windows 10 I have a Microsoft Account for that device

I use back up and restore and it failed on my windows 10 , I need the SAFE MODE BOOT UP, How do I find it on Windows 10 ?

:)

timothylong1, Jul 18, 2020

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Password not working in safe mode, windows 10

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What happens exactly when you enter the password?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • How have you booted your computer into safe mode?
    • Are you using local or Microsoft account to login?

I suggest you to force restart your computer and check whether you can get back your computer to normal mode.

You may follow the steps from the below article to place the computer in safe mode and check if it helps.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 18, 2020
  4. mrgeek Win User

how do I get SAFE MODE on Windows 10 I have a Microsoft Account for that device

Exiting safe mode windows 10

"This is windows 10. To get in or out of Safe Mode, it seems that you have to get into the program. Can not do this without the password."
    I just tested this again on my own machine. I entered normal safe mode (not networking or command prompt), left the password field blank (no PIN option, as you know) and click power icon/Restart and it took me back to normal sign-in which I have set up for PIN, like you. I entered safe mode from the Recovery Console which you can also enter by prev suggestion to hit Power Icon/Shift+Restart for additional repair or restore options.

Now, was your log in account a Microsoft account or Local account ? In either case, try the suggestions in this article and see if it helps -
    http://www.howtogeek.com/222262/how-...in-windows-10/
    Good Luck.

mrgeek, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

how do I get SAFE MODE on Windows 10 I have a Microsoft Account for that device

1. how do I get SAFE MODE on Windows 10 I have a Microsoft Account for that device - Similar Threads - SAFE MODE Microsoft

2. How do I exit safe mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I exit safe mode: I was trying to get rid of a virus through a YouTube tutorial and part of it requried me to use safe modeOnce I went into safe mode I couldn't turn on my monitor even though my laptop was on it's connected to a monitor. So I was confused on why this was happening and then...
  3. How do I get back to safe mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get back to safe mode?: I have an HP laptop and I just want to get back into safe mode. I did it correctly before to make an administrator account however I did not make a password. Now when I try doing shift+reset to try going into safe mode again, it keeps loading into administrator and keeps...
  4. How do I get back to safe mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get back to safe mode?: I have an HP laptop and I just want to get back into safe mode. I did it correctly before to make an administrator account however I did not make a password. Now when I try doing shift+reset to try going into safe mode again, it keeps loading into administrator and keeps...
  5. How do I get back to safe mode?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. How do I start windows in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I start windows in safe mode?: When I reset my computer it gave me an error saying 'the user profile service failed the sign-in' and then kicks me back out to the lock screen. I have tried to go into the startup settings which makes you reset the computer to unlock but every time I hit reset it just...
  7. How do i get out of safe mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i get out of safe mode?: I entered safe mode to try things out as i have never used it and after restarting the lock screen kept saying my password was incorrect even though i entered the right one and even reset my account password twice, same goes with the factory resetting screen and admin...
  8. How do I get into safe mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get into safe mode?: I already looked it up on the internet where it says that first I need to start up winRE by restarting my computer over and over ,but i still get blue screen. I also tried it to start windows with another gpu and even without an gpu but i wont get out of the loop. What should...
  9. How do I exit Safe Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I exit Safe Mode in Windows 10: I have done everything I could find on the internet about exiting the safe mode on my Windows 10. I have been working on this for weeks. I am elderly and not very tech savvy. Please somebody help me. I have tried to restart, go to msconfig, F8 all of them. I don't even know...
  10. how do i get computer out of safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i get computer out of safe mode: how do i get computer out of safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-computer-out-of-safe-mode/969b0877-2a95-4ef8-a3e3-591a685dc207"