Windows 10: HOW do I get "Send to Mail Recipient" in the context menu to ACTUALLY USE the DEFAULT WINDOWS MAIL

Discus and support HOW do I get "Send to Mail Recipient" in the context menu to ACTUALLY USE the DEFAULT WINDOWS MAIL in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've used Windows since version 3.11. I know a lot about computers, networking, application code, and various protocols. I'm on Windows 10 Pro,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JBAdams, Oct 12, 2018.

1. JBAdams Win User

HOW do I get "Send to Mail Recipient" in the context menu to ACTUALLY USE the DEFAULT WINDOWS MAIL

I've used Windows since version 3.11. I know a lot about computers, networking, application code, and various protocols.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, version 1803 (Build 17134.345)

I have spent 3 hours reading through hundreds of Microsoft threads on this topic.

I have attempted no fewer than 10 Microsoft-suggested solutions.

Not one of these solutions works. In fact, my Windows 10 did not even display clickable options but for two proposed solutions. Neither solution works in my Windows version.

The pellucidly clear question: HOW do I get "Send to Mail Recipient" in the context menu to ACTUALLY USE the DEFAULT WINDOWS MAIL application.

Not even hacking my own registry resolved this problem. (And don't worry, I've already anticipated your next lazy move--this is a 100% fresher-than-tomorrow's-bread install of Windows 10. It runs with absolute perfection aside from this one gaping, enormous, clinically insane problem.

Please provide me with detailed, step by step instructions on how, if at all, a user with my identical, exact, and same Windows version can get the "Send to Mail Recipient" function to actually work with your own mail client.

Thank you. I apologize for the tone, but after reading through hundreds of disingenuous and lazy answers to this question given to countless other paying customers of Microsoft, I'm a bit ticked off by your apathy/ignorance at solving such a seemingly simple problem.

:)

JBAdams, Oct 12, 2018

2. Mail Recipient does not show up in Send To context menu.

This is worth a try. I don't use Thunderbird, so wherever you see 'Windows Live Mail' in the screencaps, select 'Thunderbird' instead on your system.

Control Panel->Programs->Default Programs->Set your default programs.
    Now click on Thunderbird in the left pane, then click Choose defaults for this program on the right.

HOW do I get "Send to Mail Recipient" in the context menu to ACTUALLY USE the DEFAULT WINDOWS MAIL [​IMG]

Next check that all associations, including the Mail To protocol and MAPI Send Mail are ticked. If they aren't, tick them and save.

HOW do I get "Send to Mail Recipient" in the context menu to ACTUALLY USE the DEFAULT WINDOWS MAIL [​IMG]

Hope this works for you!

bigbadsteve, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Mail Recipient does not show up in Send To context menu.

In my sendto folder I have this: "C:\Users\garys\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo\Mail Recipient.MAPIMail". When I bring up the Send To context menu Mail Recipient is missing. If I click on the 'shortcut' itself in my sendto folder it opens up my email client, Thunderbird, with the 'shortcut' as an attachment. So the functionality works but no 'shortcut' on the context menu.

I've tried everything I found regarding this issue to no avail. I also fired up a VM and that worked fine. Even copied over my sendtos from my VM to my production machine with no luck.

How can I make Mail Recipient appear on the Send To context menu short of a refresh?

streetwolf, Nov 27, 2018
  4. loungebob Win User

HOW do I get "Send to Mail Recipient" in the context menu to ACTUALLY USE the DEFAULT WINDOWS MAIL

No "send to mail recipient" context submenu

I do have the "Send to" context menu entry in windows explorer but there's only Bluetooth Device listed (and I even have this turned off, go figure). There is no E-Mail Recipient like it used to in my previous Windows installation.

I've tried the 7/8 Forums recommendations but my "Send to" folders in Default and User already contain the MAPI entry. I even deleted it and re-did it according to the tutorial but to no avail.

Any other ideas? There's a fix it EXE available from some forum that fixes some Reg Entries but it was for Vista and does not work for Win10.

Any ideas?

loungebob, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

1. HOW do I get "Send to Mail Recipient" in the context menu to ACTUALLY USE the DEFAULT WINDOWS MAIL - Similar Threads - Send Mail Recipient

2. Send to mail recipient context menu not working, unable to set it to Mail app - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Send to mail recipient context menu not working, unable to set it to Mail app - Windows 11: When I try to send a file from Windows Explorer I'm unable to do so due to "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control...
  3. Send to mail recipient context menu not working, unable to set it to Mail app - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Send to mail recipient context menu not working, unable to set it to Mail app - Windows 11: When I try to send a file from Windows Explorer I'm unable to do so due to "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control...
  4. Mail will not connect with send to mail recipiant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail will not connect with send to mail recipiant: I have been using a number of different email programs. Recently had to give one up and now using outlook again. A feature I use a lot is right click images and use send to mail recipient, I have tried changing the setting to mail and reboot. change to google, reboot. and...
  5. Mail will not connect with send to mail recipiant

Mail will not connect with send to mail recipiant: I have been using a number of different email programs. Recently had to give one up and now using outlook again. A feature I use a lot is right click images and use send to mail recipient, I have tried changing the setting to mail and reboot. change to google, reboot. and...
  6. Editing "send to: mail recipient"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Editing "send to: mail recipient": I have a friend whose computer recently died. He is now running the latest version of Windows 10 and uses Eudora 7 as his mail client. He does not wish to change. I have tried! Previously when using Windows 10 if he wanted to send a picture which he wanted to compress he...
  7. How can I stop Send To > Mail Recipient using Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I stop Send To > Mail Recipient using Windows Live Mail: I used to use Windows Live Mail as my default email program but have now purchase Outlook. I have set Outlook as the default Mail and MailTo app but Send To > Mail Recipient still uses Windows Live Mail. If I open Windows Live Mail it claims to be the default messaging app...
  8. Cannot use Windows Mail in "Send to -> mail recipient"

Cannot use Windows Mail in "Send to -> mail recipient": As it stands, this problem is still unsolved, and not even responded by Microsoft after 4 YEARS (!!!): https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-set-windows-mail-app-as-default-email/cc01a046-7f46-4567-8f82-444fd5abf6e6. This is VERY important for my...
  9. No "send to mail recipient" context submenu

in Browsers and Email
    No "send to mail recipient" context submenu: I do have the "Send to" context menu entry in windows explorer but there's only Bluetooth Device listed (and I even have this turned off, go figure). There is no E-Mail Recipient like it used to in my previous Windows installation. I've tried the 7/8 Forums recommendations...
  10. Mail Recipient does not show up in Send To context menu.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail Recipient does not show up in Send To context menu.: In my sendto folder I have this: "C:\Users\garys\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo\Mail Recipient.MAPIMail". When I bring up the Send To context menu Mail Recipient is missing. If I click on the 'shortcut' itself in my sendto folder it opens up my email client,...