Windows 10: How do I get sites to remember my username and password?

Discus and support How do I get sites to remember my username and password? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi There are one or two Forums and sites that I visit on a regular bases, where it would be very useful, if the Site/s in question could at least... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Cyberdesigner, Aug 20, 2015.

1. How do I get sites to remember my username and password?

Hi

There are one or two Forums and sites that I visit on a regular bases, where it would be very useful, if the Site/s in question could at least remember my username and maybe my password as well.

So I didn't keep having to fill in all my details every time.

Is there a way of doing this?

:)

Cyberdesigner, Aug 20, 2015

2. Win 10 IE 11 keeps asking if I want to save password when I log in EVEN THOUGH I ALWAYS SAY NO, or doesn't remember user name

Sorry for delayed response.

> my initial experience is that my user name is not retained if I have answered NO to remembering my password. How do I get it to remember my user name without remembering my password?

I think that remembering a username but not a password, when that's what you've elected to do, is dependent on whether the site has a "Remember me" box to check. I think it's site-specific behavior that you won't be able to change.

As to sites not remembering that you don't want your password saved...

1. Make sure that you aren't and a security/privacy program isn't deleting cookies or blocking some cookies

2. Internet Options> Privacy, try a cookie setting of Low or Medium. You might try placing some of the troublesome sites in the Always allow list.

Don

Don Varnau, Aug 20, 2015
  3. decoss Win User
    MS Edge web password saving

I had mistyped my username in a login and saved it in Edge. I couldn't figure out how to edit it so I removed the login thinking it would reappear next time I tried to login. Edge no longer asks if I want to save the password for that site. What can I
    do to get Edge to remember a site that had beed previously removed?

decoss, Aug 20, 2015
  4. How do I get sites to remember my username and password?

paulsalter, Aug 20, 2015
  5. topgundcp Win User
    You will need some type of password manager. I use Sticky Password but it's a paid version.
    You can search for some free password manager such as: KeePass

topgundcp, Aug 20, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Things you can check:
    • If you're deleting all your site cookies(for example using Ccleaner) then you have to relogin every time. Chose which cookies to save.
    • There are some sites that auto logout when you close the tab or switch sites, out of security(your) reasons.
    • And lastly, make sure to let your browser set cookies(but block 3rd party ones).

Cliff S, Aug 20, 2015
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    I have used RoboForm for over 8 years now, paid program. It has lots of features, also has been updated for Win 10.
    Just my 2 cents on this. *Smile

OldMike65, Aug 20, 2015
  8. How do I get sites to remember my username and password?

can RoboForm be used in a corporate environment, say, the office or sales reps? I wasn't sure if the 9.95 price of RoboForm was only consumer level only.

I use lastpass. but they haven't yet updated their software to support edge. I think they are waiting for extension support. however, it still works on IE 11, chrome and firefox and opera.

GamerwGlasses, Aug 20, 2015
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    That version is called RoboForm everywhere, that fee is yearly. only 9.95 for 1st year. I use the Desktop version which is 29.95 which last for as long as you want, until a major upgrade, meaning completely new version. I only use mine on a home computer. so can't tell u about how it would work in a Corporate environment. I would log on to their web page and ask them about that. Email support. They will give you a reply and a better answer than I can, for sure. *Smile

OldMike65, Aug 20, 2015
  10. Cyberdesigner, Aug 20, 2015
  11. You're Welcome

Good to hear it worked *Smile

paulsalter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I get sites to remember my username and password?

1. How do I get sites to remember my username and password? - Similar Threads - sites remember username

2. Do not remember password!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do not remember password!: I do not remember a password to my computer & it says my security answers are not all correct. It has been a couple of years since I have used this computer. It shows up in my devices on Microsoft products but I can’t acces anything else. Please help!!!...
  3. How do I get Windows 10 to remember my log in password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get Windows 10 to remember my log in password?: I use Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge. When I start my computer I have to log in and type in my password. How do I save that password so that automatically allows me to log in? I do not want to have to enter my password every time I turn on my computer....
  4. How do I get Windows 10 to remember my log in password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get Windows 10 to remember my log in password?: I use Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge. When I start my computer I have to log in and type in my password. How do I save that password so that automatically allows me to log in? I do not want to have to enter my password every time I turn on my computer....
  5. How do I get Windows 10 to remember my log in password?

6. I do not remember my admin password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I do not remember my admin password: After a Microsoft update, my desk top will not restart. I get a blank screen. When I try to go to a restore, it askes me for my admin password. But I do not remember my admin password. It was like 13 years ago that I bought desk top computer. But I have been keeping the desk...
  7. How Do I Get Username and Password From Our ISP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Do I Get Username and Password From Our ISP: I deleted the dial-up on the wifi thing and don't know how to restore it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-username-and-password-from-our-isp/e89fb93c-118c-4215-8f9e-7449ab249d33
  8. Microsoft site changed my username and password - recovery?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft site changed my username and password - recovery?: I have several computers and a Office 365 home subscription that allows me to use Office on 6 pcs. I have 365 installed on 3 computers, and was trying to install it on my wife's computer. Let's say my wife's user name was "Sally". When I logged into my Online Account (for...
  9. How do I get windows 10 to remember password for apps

How do I get windows 10 to remember password for apps: Hi, I have an app that I have to put in my username and password everytime to log in and I would like my PC to remember it. If I do a search it will give me results for how to get it to remember passwords for sites but that's not the issue. If I put app in the search (like...
  10. How to keep track all my usernames and passwords in registered sites

How to keep track all my usernames and passwords in registered sites: How to keep track and manage all my usernames and passwords in all member-registered websites by script ? (what tool in it, may be wget tool inside it) 99972

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get pharmacy2u to remember username and password