Windows 10: How do I get SMB v1

Discus and support How do I get SMB v1 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I get into the "power shell " to get SMB v1 to work?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by joeGluvers, Mar 15, 2019.

1. How do I get SMB v1

How do I get into the "power shell " to get SMB v1 to work?

:)

joeGluvers, Mar 15, 2019
  2. emelsom Win User

How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Mar 15, 2019
  3. emelsom Win User
    How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Mar 15, 2019
  4. emelsom Win User

How do I get SMB v1

I am hoping Microsoft themselves, is picking this question up, and taking this seriously, and will answer this urgently, as it is causing us all so much frustration.

emelsom, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

How do I get SMB v1

1. How do I get SMB v1 - Similar Threads - SMB

2. Detail questions about NTLM and SMB

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Detail questions about NTLM and SMB: These questions concerns Windows in general, not only Windows 10. What combinations of auth (LM, Net-NTLMv1, Net-NTLMv2, Kerberos) and SMB (1,2,3) are possible? All? Are all available authentication-mechanisms listed in my question or is there any missing method? Regarding...
  3. SMB v1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SMB v1: How do I enable SMB v1 on my windows 10 computers Please,, plain english Thanks for any help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smb-v1/f4c8d9ed-2619-4225-b5d1-471592fbd837"
  4. How to undo a change to smb client config settings

How to undo a change to smb client config settings: I have made a change to a computer that is running winver 1809 that was supposed to be applied to winver 1803 only. How do I go back to my original settings or undo the change I have made?...
  5. Win10 can't be pinged, accessed via SMB or RDC after update

Win10 can't be pinged, accessed via SMB or RDC after update: Last March, an update killed my SMB access so with my newest issue and this forum helped me through that. This issue feels like an annual challenge after I finished all major upgrades last week (I was a few months behind) to the Windows 10 computer I'm using as a Plex server...
  6. SMB connection not released/closed after backup (windows 10)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SMB connection not released/closed after backup (windows 10): SMB connection not released/closed after backup (windows 10) with error: Unable to connect to the remote computer because the maximum number of clients are already connected to this computer....
  7. SMB permissions puzzle?

SMB permissions puzzle?: I am using Macrium Reflect to backup to a Samba network share. The .tmp backup file is created and written successfully, but cannot be renamed to its final name. I tried a manual rename which is refused because I need to be authorised by...
  8. Restoring SMB defaults after changing in powershell

Restoring SMB defaults after changing in powershell: Hi, I was trouble shooting some network issues and tried typing the following in to powershell (see below) How to I reverse or restore these settings to default? PC is a Lenovo Thinkpad 460s on Windows 10 Thanks! 1/ run cmd as admin 2/ sc.exe config...
  9. after update windows yesterday, can't access any folder between windows 10 and 7, also SMB...

after update windows yesterday, can't access any folder between windows 10 and 7, also SMB...: lots of business call me have a problem like that. I can not figure out. so, I called MS, Lady said just system restore. WOW, if I DO SYSTEM RESTORE and it's not update windows anymore automatically. anyway, I did network reset and turn SMB 1.0 on from windows...
  10. Can't access share drive and smb server from windows 10 pro

Can't access share drive and smb server from windows 10 pro: Hi, I have a windows 10 pro, 64-bit system. I'm trying to connect to a share drive which i certain that I have access to. When I tried to map the network drive, it popped up error and showed the error code: 0x80070043. I have the same issue with connecting a share...