Windows 10: How do I get Snip and Sketch to go fullscreen like ScreenSketch used to?

Discus and support How do I get Snip and Sketch to go fullscreen like ScreenSketch used to? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So my computer recently got updated and it changed my Windows Ink Workspace. The update got rid of sketchpad and screensketch and replaced it with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Daseril, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Daseril Win User

How do I get Snip and Sketch to go fullscreen like ScreenSketch used to?

So my computer recently got updated and it changed my Windows Ink Workspace. The update got rid of sketchpad and screensketch and replaced it with the two new cumbersome variants. I was able to uninstall as much of the new updates as possible and got back my sketchpad app, but I'm still stuck with the snip and sketch. I want to know if there is a way to make snip and sketch go full screen like screensketch used to, or if there is away to get the old screensketch back, or if there is a comparable third party app.

:)

Daseril, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Daseril Win User

So my computer recently got updated and it changed my Windows Ink Workspace. The update got rid of sketchpad and screensketch and replaced it with the two new cumbersome variants. I was able to uninstall as much of the new updates as possible and got back
    my sketchpad app, but I'm still stuck with the snip and sketch. I want to know if there is a way to make snip and sketch go full screen like screensketch used to, or if there is away to get the old screensketch back, or if there is a comparable third party
    app.

Daseril, Sep 29, 2019
  3. davefaz Win User
    Snip & Sketch has not installed

Hi and thanks for the reply. Two of them are Windows Home, two of them are Windows Pro. It installed as an update on three of them, but one of the Windows Pro it did not. They are all 1809.

The are not administered by an IT department.

When I hit Snip & Sketch I get a window that says the snipping tool is moving. However, when I "Try Snip & Sketch" all I get is a box that states "you'll need a new app to open this ms-screensketch".

When I type it in the search box it says it's there, but clicking on it does nothing at all. No error, no nothing!

I have compared this PC with another one running W10Pro and they seem identical. However, the ScreenSketch app is completely missing on the one PC. It just seems that it hasn't installed. I have checked the install programs list using CCleaner and it just isn't there. Nothing. Nill!

The system seems to have been updated for it ( it does seem to know about it ) but the actual app is missing.

davefaz, Sep 29, 2019
  4. How do I get Snip and Sketch to go fullscreen like ScreenSketch used to?

Hi Daseril

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

You will need to do two steps.

1. Click the Windows Ink Workspace icon in the Taskbar

Click Fullscreen snip

2. Press Windows key + A

Toggle on Tablet Mode

Outside of this, there really isn't an option for a true full screen mode you are seeking.

I would also recommend you submit a feature request; send me the short link so I can vote on it and bring it to the attention of the Windows engineers.

https://windows10.help/blogs/entry/54-how-to-su...

Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.

How do I get Snip and Sketch to go fullscreen like ScreenSketch used to? d4de06bc-6ac9-4bc4-b552-3017bb35405e?upload=true.png

Andre for Directly, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I get Snip and Sketch to go fullscreen like ScreenSketch used to? - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch fullscreen

2. Cannot use Snip & Sketch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use Snip & Sketch: Every time I try to use Snip & Sketch, it always show up "You'll need a new app to open this ms-screenclip link".I've gone for a few search on the Internet and found some solutions but none of them worked.First, I tried some lines of DISM tool on cmd, it showed...
  3. Cannot use Snip & Sketch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot use Snip & Sketch: Every time I try to use Snip & Sketch, it always show up "You'll need a new app to open this ms-screenclip link".I've gone for a few search on the Internet and found some solutions but none of them worked.First, I tried some lines of DISM tool on cmd, it showed...
  4. Cannot use Snip & Sketch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  6. Snip & Sketch Snip

Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  7. How do you get Snip and Sketch to use windows snip mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you get Snip and Sketch to use windows snip mode: I saw a discussion that indicates that this functionality exists. However, after a couple of dozen posts, I still could not find out HOW to do it....
  8. How do you get Snip and Sketch to use windows snip mode

How do you get Snip and Sketch to use windows snip mode: I saw a discussion that indicates that this functionality exists. However, after a couple of dozen posts, I still could not find out HOW to do it....
  9. Using Snip & Sketch

Using Snip & Sketch: I use the snipping tool almost every day and frequently copy and past into emails etc. I have tried the new Snip & Sketch, and when I right click to copy, all it does is to add a red dot. (Presumably that's the sketch part.) How do I copy a snip into an email?...
  10. how do I get the new snipping tool replacement snip & sketch to work??? if it's something...

how do I get the new snipping tool replacement snip & sketch to work??? if it's something...: after years of using the wonderful snipping tool suddenly the system won't let me do so and wants me to use snip & sketch but with no instructions about how to use it or download it or whatever else is supposed to happen so I can save a complete page or a piece of a page......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why snip & sketch is tinted

2. win10 sketchpad