Windows 10: How do I get specific sites from sending pop-ups and or notifications in Edge New?

Discus and support How do I get specific sites from sending pop-ups and or notifications in Edge New? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey Guys, For example "Chaturbate", constantly pop-ups and then it goes into notification cause there is no way to directly close the pop-up, which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by W. Carter, Jun 24, 2020.

1. W. Carter Win User

How do I get specific sites from sending pop-ups and or notifications in Edge New?

Hey Guys,

For example "Chaturbate", constantly pop-ups and then it goes into notification cause there is no way to directly close the pop-up, which I don't really care for either, I'm thinking it's site-specific and they do not make that setting readily available. I recall that Edge will ask if you want these notifications at the beginning of going to a site, but I see no way to change it to don't accept notifications from a particular site. If this is the case, users need a function in settings that shows all the sites we've let send notifications and a way to turn notifications off for any particular site.

Yea I feel stupid, cause I'm really Windows 10 sabby :

:)

W. Carter, Jun 24, 2020
  2. ColMac Win User

Pop up Notification requests

Recently, I have seen an increase in sites (including TenForums) generating Pop Up boxes asking permission to send Notifications.

How do I get specific sites from sending pop-ups and or notifications in Edge New? [​IMG]

This type is particularly infuriating as it does not appear to disappear unless you click on the "Allow" or "Block" options.

I've searched the Forum but there are so many hits, I did not find anything about this particular type of Pop up.

I use the current version of Edge, I have Notifications turned off, I have AdBlock Plus installed (with a good number of sites whitelisted), but still see these frequently.

I cannot say I will never want Notifications, but I am 99% sure that I never now or in the future, want a web site to send me notifications.

Can I stop these?

ColMac, Jun 24, 2020
  3. faaz1 Win User
    pop up notification for specific users of domain

we are a small DBA group and we need a reminder that pop up notifications at scheduled time. i found some scripts that sent notifications to all users of a domain.

so how i can send for example this message "it is time to update your server documents" to specific users on domain at a time that pop up on their desktop?

faaz1, Jun 24, 2020
  4. How do I get specific sites from sending pop-ups and or notifications in Edge New?

Microsoft Edge Pop-up Blocker

Hello,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Click on settings.

• Click on View Advanced Settings.

• There you will be able to manage Pop ups.

• If you don’t want then you will be able to turn on/off.
    Please refer to the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/windows-10/block-pop-ups-in-microsoft-edge

Hope this helps, keep us posted.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

How do I get specific sites from sending pop-ups and or notifications in Edge New?

1. How do I get specific sites from sending pop-ups and or notifications in Edge New? - Similar Threads - specific sites sending

2. How to allow or block pop-up windows on specific sites in Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to allow or block pop-up windows on specific sites in Edge: [ATTACH]If you want to allow or block pop-up windows on specific sites in the Microsoft Edge browser, here is how you can do that. You can do that with the help of in-built settings, the Local Group Policy Editor, and the Registry Editor. This explains all the methods, and...
  3. How to block specific pop ups or notifications in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to block specific pop ups or notifications in Windows 11?: I was wondering if anyone can help me to block certain apps from posting pop ups or notifiations in New Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-block-specific-pop-ups-or-notifications-in/76d27b5a-7c73-48d6-8932-ec5e854437f4
  4. How to block specific pop ups or notifications in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to block specific pop ups or notifications in Windows 11?: I was wondering if anyone can help me to block certain apps from posting pop ups or notifiations in New Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-block-specific-pop-ups-or-notifications-in/76d27b5a-7c73-48d6-8932-ec5e854437f4
  5. How to get rid of pushy Microsoft Edge pop-up Tips and Notifications

in Windows 10 News
    How to get rid of pushy Microsoft Edge pop-up Tips and Notifications: You may have seen a notification saying use Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome or Firefox. The notifications may say that these browsers drain more battery and are slower than Microsoft Edge. If you are convinced by Microsoft then you can make Microsoft Edge your default...
  6. Notifications always pop up from taksbar; how do I stop that?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications always pop up from taksbar; how do I stop that?: After a crash, I re-installed Win 10/64. But now, I keep getting very aggravating and totally USELESS pop ups from the taskbar. "Select symbol to broadcast your game." or "Press windows to start." etc... I went into Settings and turned off ALL the notifications I found. But...
  7. Whenever I start Chrome, it sends me to this pop-up site.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Whenever I start Chrome, it sends me to this pop-up site.: Whenever I start Google Chrome, it sends me to this sketchy pop-up site that seems to be an annoying ad for Browser WatchDog that was started in March. I don't know what is causing it, but it keeps coming back up every time I restart my computer and open Chrome. I have no...
  8. pop up notification for specific users of domain

in Windows 10 Customization
    pop up notification for specific users of domain: we are a small DBA group and we need a reminder that pop up notifications at scheduled time. i found some scripts that sent notifications to all users of a domain. so how i can send for example this message "it is time to update your server documents" to specific users on...
  9. How to allow pop-ups for certain sites in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to allow pop-ups for certain sites in Edge: Hi, Is there a way to allow pop-ups in Edge? Thanks and regards, 23933
  10. How do I send notifications?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I send notifications?: I installed Windows 10 and visited a site and suddenly I was getting Windows 10 Notifications whenever a new blogpost was added. I noticed that this notification is controlled through Chrome. It never asked for permission. How does this work? I'd like to use it for my...