Windows 10: How do I get spellcheck?

Discus and support How do I get spellcheck? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I use spellcheck?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JoeGregory1, Aug 22, 2018.

1. How do I get spellcheck?

How do I use spellcheck?

:)

JoeGregory1, Aug 22, 2018

2. How to permanently disable spellchecker in Edge browser?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to disable the spellchecker.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on devices.
    • Go to Typing tab.
    • Turn off, Highlight misspelled words.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Spellchecker not working

To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Is this the first time you encountered this problem?
    • On which application are you trying to use spellchecker?

We will be waiting for your response.

Desiree Yau, Aug 22, 2018
  4. How do I get spellcheck?

spellchecker does nothing is swich on,windows 10 explorel ege

Hello Mark,

Thank you for getting in touch with Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are facing issues with Spellchecker in your system. We will assist you with this issue.

• Since when exactly are you facing this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to your system prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    For now, we suggest that you try the steps below and check if it helps:

• On the search bar type ‘Typing Settings'.

• Click on ‘Typing Settings
      ‘and then set 'Highlight Misspelled Words' slider to the
      "On".
    • Also set 'Autocorrect Misspelled Words' slider to the
      "On" position.

Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

How do I get spellcheck?

1. How do I get spellcheck? - Similar Threads - spellcheck

2. I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...: UNINVITED Microsoft Editor is not as efficient as Spellcheck was! I have to fight to get to the word "it" wants to insert into my Word doc., instead of my chosen word, and it keeps interrupting three times starting in 2023 my book's progress with "Feedback to Microsoft"...
  3. I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...: UNINVITED Microsoft Editor is not as efficient as Spellcheck was! I have to fight to get to the word "it" wants to insert into my Word doc., instead of my chosen word, and it keeps interrupting three times starting in 2023 my book's progress with "Feedback to Microsoft"...
  4. For the past 3 or so months the "spellchecker" has been giving, strange, wrong, and often...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For the past 3 or so months the "spellchecker" has been giving, strange, wrong, and often...: For the past 3 or so months the "spellchecker" has been giving, strange, wrong, and often completely ludicrous suggestions see below. This happens across all platforms, except gmail. If this is AI "powered," please switch it back to human powered! Could you please fix it...
  5. For the past 3 or so months the "spellchecker" has been giving, strange, wrong, and often...

For the past 3 or so months the "spellchecker" has been giving, strange, wrong, and often...: For the past 3 or so months the "spellchecker" has been giving, strange, wrong, and often completely ludicrous suggestions see below. This happens across all platforms, except gmail. If this is AI "powered," please switch it back to human powered! Could you please fix it...
  6. Does windows 11 spellchecker only apply to windows apps like Word.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does windows 11 spellchecker only apply to windows apps like Word.: One of the Windows 11 options for typing is for text suggestions whenever using a keyboard but that does not seem to work nor any other spell checking. Under typing all 4 of these options are ON: 1 Show text suggestions when typing on the physical keyboard; 2 Multilingual...
  7. Does windows 11 spellchecker only apply to windows apps like Word.

Does windows 11 spellchecker only apply to windows apps like Word.: One of the Windows 11 options for typing is for text suggestions whenever using a keyboard but that does not seem to work nor any other spell checking. Under typing all 4 of these options are ON: 1 Show text suggestions when typing on the physical keyboard; 2 Multilingual...
  8. Legacy Word 2002 spellcheck only offers undo edit after forced upgrade to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legacy Word 2002 spellcheck only offers undo edit after forced upgrade to Windows 11.: Unlike other threads about a similar problem, in this case clicking Undo Edit does not reveal the other options. Spellcheck simply doesn't work anymore. A related issue is that no matter how many times I remove do not check spelling errors in this document in options, when I...
  9. Legacy Word 2002 spellcheck only offers undo edit after forced upgrade to Windows 11.

Legacy Word 2002 spellcheck only offers undo edit after forced upgrade to Windows 11.: Unlike other threads about a similar problem, in this case clicking Undo Edit does not reveal the other options. Spellcheck simply doesn't work anymore. A related issue is that no matter how many times I remove do not check spelling errors in this document in options, when I...
  10. Spellchecking is no longer finding the right word

Spellchecking is no longer finding the right word: Hi there,In whatever desktop app I use, Chrome, Firefox, Discord, that uses the system's spellchecker, I never get the right suggestions.I've uninstalled and reinstalled my english languages packs, i've turned off and turned on spellcheckingIt was not always like this, it...