Windows 10: How do I get stopped files in task manager to be running

Discus and support How do I get stopped files in task manager to be running in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I’ve noticed that a large number of my files in Task Manager under Services tab show Stopped instead of Running. I’ve right clicked and then clicked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Karoleigh, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Karoleigh Win User

How do I get stopped files in task manager to be running

I’ve noticed that a large number of my files in Task Manager under Services tab show Stopped instead of Running. I’ve right clicked and then clicked Start to set them on Running, but they just go back to Stopped. Is there any way to save what i want to change?

:)

Karoleigh, Apr 29, 2019
  2. z10556 Win User

Task Manager not running

I have added a new task to the ones already populated which I suppose were in Win7
    The new task or the present tasks are not running as there is no entry in the history or
    recently run file
    are there other steps necessary to get the new task manager to start up ?

z10556, Apr 29, 2019
  3. John Sarc Win User
    stoping running programs

Hi,

There are certain apps in Windows that aren't possible to be stopped as they're needed by your system. If you want to stop certain apps to be stopped from running in the back ground, follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key, and type in "task manager".
    • Choose Task Manager > More details.
    • Right-click on the apps that you want to stop from running, and click on
      End task

Let us know what happens after following the suggestion.

John Sarc, Apr 29, 2019
  4. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I get stopped files in task manager to be running - Similar Threads - stopped files task

2. How do I get this to stop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get this to stop?: I've been noticing for the past few months my pc has been goin on about my boot media, I go into BIOS and notice that it switches the boot manager to hard disk and it doesn't let me switch it back, I don't have the money to buy a new PC and I've looked everywhere and just can...
  3. How do I get this to stop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get this to stop?: I've been noticing for the past few months my pc has been goin on about my boot media, I go into BIOS and notice that it switches the boot manager to hard disk and it doesn't let me switch it back, I don't have the money to buy a new PC and I've looked everywhere and just can...
  4. How do I make the windows task manager stop pausing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I make the windows task manager stop pausing?: I vpn in to to work. It locks up all the time. I would like to use the task manager to detect if I am locked up. But most of the time it's paused. Why? It locks up more than my vpn....
  5. How do I make the windows task manager stop pausing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make the windows task manager stop pausing?: I vpn in to to work. It locks up all the time. I would like to use the task manager to detect if I am locked up. But most of the time it's paused. Why? It locks up more than my vpn....
  6. How do I make the windows task manager stop pausing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How the hell do I get windows to stop "suspending" tasks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How the hell do I get windows to stop "suspending" tasks: I host some game servers for my group of friends cause my pc and internet are the most capable of the group. However, Windows 10 seems to love to suspend the server process because it thinks it is idle for whatever reason. Anyone know how the hell to get it to stop doing...
  8. I went to task manager and stopped file explorer from running...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I went to task manager and stopped file explorer from running...: I when to task manager and stopped file explorer from running... Can you guys help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-went-to-task-manager-and-stopped-file-explorer/5ec890d6-8fbf-4ccb-b170-fd3c0327643e"
  9. I when to task manager and stopped file explorer from running...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I when to task manager and stopped file explorer from running...: I when to task manager and stopped file explorer from running... Can you guys help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-when-to-task-manager-and-stopped-file-explorer/5ec890d6-8fbf-4ccb-b170-fd3c0327643e"
  10. Task Manager not running

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager not running: I have added a new task to the ones already populated which I suppose were in Win7 The new task or the present tasks are not running as there is no entry in the history or recently run file are there other steps necessary to get the new task manager to start up ? 17916

Users found this page by searching for:

1. services stopped in task manager