Windows 10: How do I get System Restore to ACTUALLY work in Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I get System Restore to ACTUALLY work in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I really want to be able to use system restore I do have backup disks but I am an old timer I'm already familiar with it and really just want my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rammstein420, Jun 13, 2021.

1. How do I get System Restore to ACTUALLY work in Windows 10?

I really want to be able to use system restore I do have backup disks but I am an old timer I'm already familiar with it and really just want my windows settings saved like system restore is supposed to do. It is enabled for C: and does make restore points but they do nothing... Please help Edit: My Windows 10 version is: 10.0.19042 Build 19042

:)

Rammstein420, Jun 13, 2021

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 13, 2021
  4. Pinchy Win User

How do I get System Restore to ACTUALLY work in Windows 10?

windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Turn off system restore in XP altogether...or if you dont want to, AsRocks suggestion should work :\

Pinchy, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

How do I get System Restore to ACTUALLY work in Windows 10?

1. How do I get System Restore to ACTUALLY work in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - System Restore ACTUALLY

2. How do i get my GPU to actually work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get my GPU to actually work: My actual GPU is not being used by any game, and not showing in device manager or task manager. It's only using my IGPU. My display is running off of my GPU.My IGPU seems to be using the dedicated ram from my gpu but my gpu is not actually being used....
  3. How do i get my GPU to actually work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i get my GPU to actually work: My actual GPU is not being used by any game, and not showing in device manager or task manager. It's only using my IGPU. My display is running off of my GPU.My IGPU seems to be using the dedicated ram from my gpu but my gpu is not actually being used....
  4. How do i get my GPU to actually work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How the actual **** do I get Parental Controls working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How the actual **** do I get Parental Controls working: I try Parental Controls to keep my brother off certain websites & it just **** brokeIt doesn't allow the websites I have in allowed sites AT ALL& my brother constantly complains to me about the sites being blocked even though I ALREADY **** ALLOWED THEM???I went to my...
  6. How the actual **** do I get Parental Controls working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How the actual **** do I get Parental Controls working: I try Parental Controls to keep my brother off certain websites & it just **** brokeIt doesn't allow the websites I have in allowed sites AT ALL& my brother constantly complains to me about the sites being blocked even though I ALREADY **** ALLOWED THEM???I went to my...
  7. How the actual **** do I get Parental Controls working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do I get System Restore to ACTUALLY work in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I get System Restore to ACTUALLY work in Windows 10?: I really want to be able to use system restore I do have backup disks but I am an old timer I'm already familiar with it and really just want my windows settings saved like system restore is supposed to do. It is enabled for C: and does make restore points but they do...
  9. Does Windows System Restore Actually Work?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does Windows System Restore Actually Work?: Hello and good day, I have owned numerous computers over time. They have always been new computers except the last one which I got a good used laptop only a couple years old. In all the computers I have ever owned way back into the 1990s, Windows System Restore has never...
  10. How do i get shared folders to actually work??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i get shared folders to actually work??: ive asked this question a few times and so far i have not resolved my issue.. i have a multi pc network, 5 are connected by lan, and then i have a laptop and a tablet with wifi. each computer has a shared folder, they are set to the same username and each pc has a profile...