Windows 10: How do I get the "Apps List" Start menu, instead of this ugly mess?

Discus and support How do I get the "Apps List" Start menu, instead of this ugly mess? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Image: https://prnt.sc/w0adil I can't find the Apps List I see on other peoples' systems anywhere, how do I get it to show? submitted by /u/Recktoz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Recktoz, Dec 11, 2020.

1. How do I get the "Apps List" Start menu, instead of this ugly mess?

/u/Recktoz, Dec 11, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Dec 11, 2020
  3. jj2016 Win User
    Post Anniversary Update: Long App List in Start Menu

Before the update, there was "all programs" which would hide all the apps but now they're all exposed as soon as you click the start button. How to remove this long ugly list?

How do I get the "Apps List" Start menu, instead of this ugly mess? [​IMG]

jj2016, Dec 11, 2020
  4. ddls Win User

How do I get the "Apps List" Start menu, instead of this ugly mess?

Start Menu Launcher Not Working: white box instead of app list

As of this morning, the launcher my start menu has stopped working properly. Normally, I launch all of my applications by hitting the windows key and typing out the name of what I want until it appears in the launcher. Now, my start menu looks fine when I first hit the windows key or click the windows logo to bring it up. However, this is what I get when I begin to type the name of an application:

How do I get the "Apps List" Start menu, instead of this ugly mess? [​IMG]

Googling variations of the title I used in this post was not fruitful - I found nobody who had a similar problem so far. Restarting the computer does not fix the issue. Any tips on the appropriate steps to diagnose or fix this are much appreciated.

Thema:

How do I get the "Apps List" Start menu, instead of this ugly mess?

1. How do I get the "Apps List" Start menu, instead of this ugly mess? - Similar Threads - Apps List Start

2. Windows 11 ugly start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 ugly start menu: Is there a way to change the start menu back to the 10 version or am I stuck with the 11 version? It is now easy for me to use and too much junk on it. I just want to be able to scroll down a list with words and not all these icons....
  3. Windows 11 ugly start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 ugly start menu: Is there a way to change the start menu back to the 10 version or am I stuck with the 11 version? It is now easy for me to use and too much junk on it. I just want to be able to scroll down a list with words and not all these icons....
  4. Fix Ugly Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fix Ugly Start Menu?: I've just downloaded the newest version of Windows 10, and man, I really don't like the new Start Menu. Is there a way to get the old folders back, like how they were tied to your theme color? They look terrible now. Also, they got rid of colored tiles for me, so applications...
  5. How do I make start menu display "Switch User" instead of User List

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I make start menu display "Switch User" instead of User List: I am running Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I want the Windows 10 start menu to display "Switch User" instead of displaying a list of users. like the picture listed below. 169180
  6. How do I get THIS start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get THIS start menu?: https://winaero.com/blog/tip-enable-or-disable-submenus-inside-the-start-menu-in-windows-10/ This looks like an ideal combination of the many Start Menu paradigms. Cascading programs from the 95 menu, tiles from 10, etc. submitted by /u/GameMusic [link] [comments]...
  7. How to list frequently used apps in the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to list frequently used apps in the Start Menu?: How do you set the Start Menu so that the apps that you use most frequently show up? and other apps that you have recently accessed show up at bottom section like it used to in previous versions of Microsoft IE? All I see is the list of my entire programs and I have to find...
  8. how do I Display the apps list in the START MENU IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I Display the apps list in the START MENU IN WINDOWS 10: How do I display programs in the start list in wihdows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-display-the-apps-list-in-the-start-menu/4a30de34-4eed-44d1-a6a6-79a9cc51a261
  9. Start Menu Launcher Not Working: white box instead of app list

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Launcher Not Working: white box instead of app list: As of this morning, the launcher my start menu has stopped working properly. Normally, I launch all of my applications by hitting the windows key and typing out the name of what I want until it appears in the launcher. Now, my start menu looks fine when I first hit the...
  10. How do I add a new folder to the All Apps list in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I add a new folder to the All Apps list in start menu: Hiya...I created a new folder in the start menu folder but it does not show in the All Apps List? 58936