Windows 10: How do I get the BCDto retain my defaults, and not Microsoft's

Discus and support How do I get the BCDto retain my defaults, and not Microsoft's in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I multiboot. I have no shame. Why is it that Microsoft setup does not respect my BCD preferences and without fail, reverts my bootmenupolicy legacy to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Fafhrd, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Fafhrd Win User

How do I get the BCDto retain my defaults, and not Microsoft's

I multiboot. I have no shame. Why is it that Microsoft setup does not respect my BCD preferences and without fail, reverts my bootmenupolicy legacy to effing Standard!

In the words of Mr Incredible:

" No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again. Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit? I feel like the maid; I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes! "

:)

Fafhrd, Aug 9, 2015

2. How do I upgrade my computer and retain my Free upgrade Win 10 licence as I have no Licence key

If your PC came with a pre-installed version of Windows then your licence for Windows 7 is valid only with your existing motherboard. It will not work with the new CPU.

If you have a retail licence for Windows 7 then you will have to do this:

• Change your motherboard components.
    • See if Windows 10 accepts the demands and accepts the Windows 7 product code. If it does not then:
    • Do a clean installation of Windows 7. You will lose all applications and user files.
    • Do another upgrade to Windows 7.
    In view of the amount of work involved you should ask yourself if an outright purchase of a Windows 10 licence would not be more cost-effective.

Frederik Long, Aug 9, 2015
  3. How do I upgrade my computer and retain my Free upgrade Win 10 licence as I have no Licence key

After having had my Win 7 upgraded with the free Win 10 install App, I now want to upgrade my motherboard processor and HDs. Do I have to re-install the Win 7 and get it back to the Win 10 upgrade App state again? Or can I transfer the free Win 10 licence
    to my new PC build? I only have my discs for the original Win7 install!

Geoff.Betts, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

How do I get the BCDto retain my defaults, and not Microsoft's

1. How do I get the BCDto retain my defaults, and not Microsoft's - Similar Threads - BCDto retain defaults

2. How do i restore my microsoft store and default apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i restore my microsoft store and default apps?: For my explanation, I was uninstalling some programs that I mostly don't know and was about to reset my pc since my windows 10 is getting a bit slower.After some time for my windows 10 installing, for some reason my monitor is pitch-black and my pc is running. It didn't show...
  3. How do i restore my microsoft store and default apps?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i restore my microsoft store and default apps?: For my explanation, I was uninstalling some programs that I mostly don't know and was about to reset my pc since my windows 10 is getting a bit slower.After some time for my windows 10 installing, for some reason my monitor is pitch-black and my pc is running. It didn't show...
  4. How do i restore my microsoft store and default apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I get my Microsoft Store to stop doing this?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I get my Microsoft Store to stop doing this?: Hi, I'm UsernameGen123.My Microsoft Store keeps doing this. Help:Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-microsoft-store-to-stop-doing-this/7cd65b59-421f-4af6-bc3d-0b82ea72cfc8
  6. How do I get my Microsoft Store to stop doing this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my Microsoft Store to stop doing this?: Hi, I'm UsernameGen123.My Microsoft Store keeps doing this. Help:Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-microsoft-store-to-stop-doing-this/7cd65b59-421f-4af6-bc3d-0b82ea72cfc8
  7. How do I get my Microsoft Store to stop doing this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do I get my files to be displayed in the default way?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get my files to be displayed in the default way?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RRaaLlLppHH [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i55lna/how_do_i_get_my_files_to_be_displayed_in_the/
  9. Windows not retaining default apps

Windows not retaining default apps: Hi all, I can't get windows to retain my default app selection. I work a lot with PDF's and images and this is driving me mad. It's been this way for at least a year now and I can't find a way to make the apps selection stick. Have trawled google for answers but nothing has...
  10. How do I retain my Windows license?

How do I retain my Windows license?: I have my Windows installed on a m.2 pci-e ssd. I also have a Sata 3 ssd in my system. If I was going to sell my pc, how can I take the m.2 to my new PC and move the Windows installation to the sata SSD? Also if I want to keep the license for my new build, how can I...