Windows 10: how do I get the camera function working in Windows 10 in my PC

Discus and support how do I get the camera function working in Windows 10 in my PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I get the camera function to work in Windows 10 on my PC Dell XPS 8700?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by robcarey2, Oct 30, 2020.

1. robcarey2 Win User

how do I get the camera function working in Windows 10 in my PC

How can I get the camera function to work in Windows 10 on my PC Dell XPS 8700?

:)

robcarey2, Oct 30, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Camera not working in Windows 10.

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the app troubleshooter.

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the following link and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon
      “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.
    Method 3: Also I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check id it helps.

Fix Windows Camera app problems with PC cameras

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-windows-camera-app-problems-with-pc-cameras

You may refer to the below link and check I it helps.

Windows 10 camera, microphone, and privacy

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 30, 2020
  4. how do I get the camera function working in Windows 10 in my PC

Windows 10 camera function steps

show the function steps of windows 10 camera

9933241925, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

how do I get the camera function working in Windows 10 in my PC

1. how do I get the camera function working in Windows 10 in my PC - Similar Threads - camera function working

2. How do I get my laptop camera to work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my laptop camera to work?: So I've had this laptop for a while and from day 1 there have been issues with the camera. Please note I am talking about my laptop's BUILT-IN camera and I have never used an external camera because I'd like to fix this one first. If nothing comes of this I'll use an external...
  3. How do I get my laptop camera to work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my laptop camera to work?: So I've had this laptop for a while and from day 1 there have been issues with the camera. Please note I am talking about my laptop's BUILT-IN camera and I have never used an external camera because I'd like to fix this one first. If nothing comes of this I'll use an external...
  4. how do i get my camera in windows 10 to mirror me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get my camera in windows 10 to mirror me?: how do i get the camera to mirror me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-camera-in-windows-10-to-mirror-me/fa09e804-a5d6-4a15-afbe-2125b23c2ffc
  5. How do i get camera sound working in windows 10 pro

How do i get camera sound working in windows 10 pro: How do i get camera sound working in windows 10 pro. Camera and video has been okay but sound remains muted and to correct it has been very difficult. I have updated the drivers, changed both the microphone and camera settings many times but nothing seems to be working....
  6. pc camera not functioning

pc camera not functioning: I'm using Samsung i5 laptop windows10 and my camera does not support, when iopen camera it automatically says error then it restarts the pc always. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-camera-not-functioning/1b9ff300-73e5-47e5-9aaa-5dd436092f5a
  7. how do i get my camera working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i get my camera working: how do i get my camera working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-camera-working/b90aec8c-f0f8-4dbe-81ba-9422fd561546
  8. How do I get my Cut and Paste function to work properly

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get my Cut and Paste function to work properly: Hi, I had posted a topic on here previously about my Cut and Paste function, however this function seems to be selective. I can use cut and paste using my mouse cursor to highlight on a sentence, copy then paste the highlighted words onto a document, no problem. I can also...
  9. How do I get Windows 10 to function with several of my programs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I get Windows 10 to function with several of my programs?: Since the January updates of Windows 10, I've had problems with downloads and accessing programs. I have to turn off some firewall protections to get some updates and sometimes that doesn't work. I can't access some programs, all or in part, and the programs' help desks...
  10. how do I get email to function on Windows 10?

in Browsers and Email
    how do I get email to function on Windows 10?: I recently purchased a new Dell 5548 laptop, that came with the crappy Windows 10. I have had reset the operating system three times already in my attempt to get the computer operating properly. Now I cannot get the Windows Mail program to pick up my emails from my ISP...