Windows 10: How do I get the computer working again?

Discus and support How do I get the computer working again? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. So I have a windows 10 pro computer. I'm trying to update the system but every time that I try to update it by restarting it will not restart. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Darkqueen166, Jan 15, 2021.

1. How do I get the computer working again?

Hi. So I have a windows 10 pro computer. I'm trying to update the system but every time that I try to update it by restarting it will not restart. When I turn the computer back on, it turns to "attempting repairs". Then it goes to a blue screen that says "we weren't able to complete the updates, undoing changes". I really don't want to deal with this happening every time I turn the computer back on after trying to restart it after trying to update it. I'm able to log in when it's all finished but I cannot update it. Please help.

submitted by /u/Darkqueen166
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Darkqueen166, Jan 15, 2021

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Computer Not Working

It's a laptop and it has a battery so I don't think that will work unless you want me ripping out the battery repeatedly

Nova_DeathStep, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Sher Amo Win User

How do I get the computer working again?

Computer Not Working

Hi,

Failure to access the Start menu and missing icons can be caused by a corrupted user profile. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    Safe Mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option and create a new user account. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

Once you were able to access Safe Mode, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to create a local user or administrator
    account in Windows 10. By doing this, we may identify if this is an account related issue. The link also contains all the necessary information including the step on how to set up a new account in Windows 10.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

How do I get the computer working again?

1. How do I get the computer working again? - Similar Threads - computer working again

2. How do I get Window Hello to work again

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I get Window Hello to work again: I have just gotten a HP EVNY. I have setup face recognition and pin for my computer locked screen. Face recognition worked one week and now it will not start one the open window. Face Recognition, Pin number, and Fingerprint all show "This option is currently unavailable" in...
  3. How do I get Window Hello to work again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get Window Hello to work again: I have just gotten a HP EVNY. I have setup face recognition and pin for my computer locked screen. Face recognition worked one week and now it will not start one the open window. Face Recognition, Pin number, and Fingerprint all show "This option is currently unavailable" in...
  4. How do I get my WiFi working again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my WiFi working again?: My WiFi connection options are not showing here:I have tried reistarting the Dell PC in question, and the WiFi router.I have tried restarting the WiFi service usingRun - services.mscWLAN Autoconfig - right click and restartI have reinstalled the WiFi Driver.I have noticed...
  5. How do I get my sound to work again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my sound to work again: So, I was playing on Roblox and then all of the sudden my sound is gone! I have tried to restart it and that's didn't work and then I have tried to restart it again, because I thought it was a bug, but then still no sound. Then I went on Device Manager, that yes I do in fact...
  6. How do I get audio to work again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get audio to work again.: Please I need help it’s driving me insane. Last night I went to bed after playing a YouTube movie. I have speakers I bought from Amazon very cheap. USB plug in speaker that were plugged into my mother board. Finally went to bed I put my pc on sleep and shut my monitors off....
  7. How do I get audio to work again.

How do I get audio to work again.: Please I need help it’s driving me insane. Last night I went to bed after playing a YouTube movie. I have speakers I bought from Amazon very cheap. USB plug in speaker that were plugged into my mother board. Finally went to bed I put my pc on sleep and shut my monitors off....
  8. How Do I Get Notifications Working Again???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Get Notifications Working Again???: My Notifications Aren't Showing Up Anymore. These Kind Of Things Tend To Happen Because There Is An Upcoming Windows Update.. From Reading Posts Here... It Sounds Like There Is. Notifications Are Stll Set On Youtube For Example But They're Not Showing Up. IT Just Keeps...
  9. How Do I Get Notifications Working Again???

How Do I Get Notifications Working Again???: My Notifications Aren't Showing Up Anymore. These Kind Of Things Tend To Happen Because There Is An Upcoming Windows Update.. From Reading Posts Here... It Sounds Like There Is. Notifications Are Stll Set On Youtube For Example But They're Not Showing Up. IT Just Keeps...
  10. How Do I Get Notifications Working Again???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging