Windows 10: How do I get the exchange directory on my people app?

Discus and support How do I get the exchange directory on my people app? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I get the exchange directory on my people app? Windows 10 have an app called People: [ATTACH] However I cannot add the user directory of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hector L Maldonado, Apr 4, 2019.

1. How do I get the exchange directory on my people app?

How do I get the exchange directory on my people app?
    Windows 10 have an app called People:

How do I get the exchange directory on my people app? 720e4025-9358-44a9-b517-8e4a8f91db3a?upload=true.jpg

However I cannot add the user directory of the Exchange Server 2013 to the APP, it does not show any people.

I follow the instructions and I added my Exchange account to the APP and the result is that the account is added to the MAIL APP hence, the PEOPLE APP pull from the contacts in MAIL (Not from exchange directory) whatever people are registered, in my case, none.

It ended by having the MAIL APP and my OUTLOOK APP competing to download mail, double alerts, etc.

The question is: How I can configure the PEOPLE APP to show the contact information of the Exchange Directory?

Exchange is working perfectly.

People APP seems ok.

And please, this is a Yes or No question if is possible.

The answer in the question's answer in this forum linked here for the same topic is not acceptable because does not really answer the question. Is not an Exchange question, the question is related if the People APP can connect to the Exchange or Active Directory to get the contacts information or not.

People APP looks like a great idea, but if the users need to feed information because it can't sync then is not useful as business tool. We will like to use it, will be faster than switching to Contacts directory to get contact info.

:)

Hector L Maldonado, Apr 4, 2019

2. C7 - Mail for exchange- Company directory - global address list

I have configured my exchange email account on C7. The mail sync works fine. However I don't find a way to browse the Global address list. Right now the only option to get any of the contacts is to synchronize them on to the phone's address book.

Again, this seems to be a step down from the mail for exchange application on E63 which had a stand alone company directory. I could use that to locate any contact on the exchange global address list.

Is there a way to configure the same in C7?

Is there a way to install the company directory? ( I couldnt find a stand alone sis on google search)

sudip_C7_e63, Apr 4, 2019
  3. TobyV Win User
    People app doesn't show any contacts from O365 directory

Hi there,

We are using O365. When I use People in the browser there is a Directory section which lists all the people in our organisation. I do not have any of my own contacts added (i.e. the Your Contacts section is empty)

When I attempt to sync this with the MS Windows 10 People app on my desktop it tells me that the account is connected just fine but "we couldn't find any contacts" under "Contacts"... is there some way of viewing the directory in the People app rather than
    just My Contacts?

It seems a bit pointless to have add all the Directory contacts as duplicates in My Contacts and try to keep them up to date just to be able to have them synced to the desktop...

NB: If I start a new email in the Mail desktop app and start typing an email address that I
    know is in the Directory then suggestions pop up just fine - so the contacts are synced they just don't show anywhere. Starting typing like this is only good if I already know what I'm looking for though.

Thanks, T

TobyV, Apr 4, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How do I get the exchange directory on my people app? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I get the exchange directory on my people app? - Similar Threads - exchange directory app

2. How do I exchange a product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I exchange a product key?: When I installed Parallels Access on a new MacBook I was required to download Windows 11 and did not realize that the download was Windows 11 Pro. I purchased the product key for Windows 11 Home. How do exchange the unusable key for the correct one....
  3. How do I exchange a product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I exchange a product key?: When I installed Parallels Access on a new MacBook I was required to download Windows 11 and did not realize that the download was Windows 11 Pro. I purchased the product key for Windows 11 Home. How do exchange the unusable key for the correct one....
  4. How do I get apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get apps?: I'm new to the app store. How do I download an app. I've found the one I want but there is no download or get button. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-apps/9a89cf27-a71c-4c93-a2fe-659058e90efa
  5. How do I get contacts from Windows 10 People into Windows 11 People?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get contacts from Windows 10 People into Windows 11 People?: I just acquired a laptop with Windows 11 to replace a laptop with Windows 10. I need to copy my contacts from PEOPLE in 10 to PEOPLE in 11. I have spent days looking for an answer with no luck. Help is needed since Microsoft is of no help. Ironically my emails all went into...
  6. How do I get contacts from Windows 10 People into Windows 11 People?

How do I get contacts from Windows 10 People into Windows 11 People?: I just acquired a laptop with Windows 11 to replace a laptop with Windows 10. I need to copy my contacts from PEOPLE in 10 to PEOPLE in 11. I have spent days looking for an answer with no luck. Help is needed since Microsoft is of no help. Ironically my emails all went into...
  7. How do I restore Contacts for .. People app. People app not showing contacts after...

How do I restore Contacts for .. People app. People app not showing contacts after...: Although I thought I had copied the relevant data ... that attempt failed. How do I locate my people data? Is it automatically on the Windows account? Can I ask People to read some data explicitly? Is there a windows web page to see my contacts? The original computer is...
  8. how do i get my apps to download?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how do i get my apps to download?: how do i get my apps to download and the all say downloading but they aren't doing anything and I've restarted Microsoft store and it hasn't done anything...
  9. how do I get Photos to categorize people

how do I get Photos to categorize people: photos will categorize some photos sometimes by "people" but not always How do I make it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-photos-to-categorize-people/28bcc086-c602-497b-bc6e-b33efdc6bafb
  10. How do I unlink my Outlook.com account in People App?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How do I unlink my Outlook.com account in People App?: Hi everyone, I upgraded my wife's Surface 3 to W10 on Friday and the good thing is that now I can add her iCloud account to the People App. I logged into her Outlook.com account on the web and deleted all of her contacts to avoid duplicates, but all contacts in the W10...