Windows 10: How do I get the "How to get help in Windows 10" tab to stop opening itself

Discus and support How do I get the "How to get help in Windows 10" tab to stop opening itself in Cortana to solve the problem; I think the subtitle speaks for itself but i thought i'd add some to it. So i can be using chromium at any time or just opening it and just clicked the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Lawsdawg, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Lawsdawg Win User

How do I get the "How to get help in Windows 10" tab to stop opening itself

I think the subtitle speaks for itself but i thought i'd add some to it. So i can be using chromium at any time or just opening it and just clicked the "Restore" button from when it fails to close properly, or just right click at the top where the tabs are and open my window that way, anyways, i can be doing anything when at random times a tab opens "How to get help in Windows 10" and it seems to be appearing more and more frequently, and i need to know how i can get it to stop opening, forever, because now it's becoming a pain

:)

Lawsdawg, Mar 30, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 30, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Mar 30, 2019
  4. R-T-B Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

That doesn't stop windows update from grabbing them on next run, at least it didn't back in the RTM days. It simply stops a secondary process from installing them immediately.

R-T-B, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I get the "How to get help in Windows 10" tab to stop opening itself - Similar Threads - help tab stop

2. How do I stop getting Windows ready

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop getting Windows ready: How do I stop the getting Windows ready don't turn off your computer I want to get back into my settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-getting-windows-ready/2a5b74bd-8453-41a6-a097-3eaa0e70829c
  3. How do I stop getting Windows ready

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop getting Windows ready: How do I stop the getting Windows ready don't turn off your computer I want to get back into my settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-getting-windows-ready/2a5b74bd-8453-41a6-a097-3eaa0e70829c
  4. How do I stop getting Windows ready

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I get this to stop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get this to stop?: I've been noticing for the past few months my pc has been goin on about my boot media, I go into BIOS and notice that it switches the boot manager to hard disk and it doesn't let me switch it back, I don't have the money to buy a new PC and I've looked everywhere and just can...
  6. How do I get this to stop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get this to stop?: I've been noticing for the past few months my pc has been goin on about my boot media, I go into BIOS and notice that it switches the boot manager to hard disk and it doesn't let me switch it back, I don't have the money to buy a new PC and I've looked everywhere and just can...
  7. how do i get help

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i get help: my Microsoft up dated and now my dest top is all messedup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-help/1079a8ed-b970-4f15-8b6a-2f762d4fe3eb
  8. How do I stop getting responses?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I stop getting responses?: I posted question a while back. How do I stop getting responses to that question? Instructions say to use the ellipsis by the title of the topic [ ...] but it doesn't exist on my screen, which is Windows 10 Insider version on a desktop PC, using either Edge or IE. There...
  9. How do I get all the open tabs to be on the right side of the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get all the open tabs to be on the right side of the taskbar?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/aangsbison [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dom9qh/how_do_i_get_all_the_open_tabs_to_be_on_the_right/
  10. How do I get Frequent tabs to work?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I get Frequent tabs to work?: Frequent tabs are empty [img] Tabbed browsing default settings [img] How do I get Frequent tabs to work? 63917

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get help in windows 10 tab openinv

2. how to get help in windows 10 opening by itself