Windows 10: How do I get the left side back? There is nothing that I can expand whatsoever

Discus and support How do I get the left side back? There is nothing that I can expand whatsoever in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Yotae [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hsisyp/how_do_i_get_the_left_side_back_there_is_nothing/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Yotae, Jul 16, 2020.

1. /u/Yotae Win User

How do I get the left side back? There is nothing that I can expand whatsoever

/u/Yotae, Jul 16, 2020

2. How to Expand the left side of Start (by default)

In Start Menu, on the left there is an expand button, but how can I make it expanded by default (thus hiding that ridiculous huge list of apps by letter)

Thanks in advance.

NewYears1978, Jul 16, 2020
  3. sygnus21 Win User
    Expand the start menu (left side)

Perhaps I'm missing something but can the left side (non tiled side) of the start menu be expanded? If so, how?

How do I get the left side back? There is nothing that I can expand whatsoever [​IMG]

I kind of find it a bit annoying that I can't expand that side out a little so I can easily read item titles.

Thanks.

sygnus21, Jul 16, 2020
  4. illimay Win User

How do I expand the 'Recent' list in the File Explorer?

Thanks for an alternative suggestion.

How do I get the left side back? There is nothing that I can expand whatsoever [​IMG]

I don't know what happened... but the list got longer for some reason. I didn't do anything special... but it just got longer

illimay, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I get the left side back? There is nothing that I can expand whatsoever - Similar Threads - left side nothing

2. How do I get the copilot icon back to the left side of the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the copilot icon back to the left side of the taskbar?: I don't want my clock moved. The copilot icon has moved my clock. I want my clock to be on the far right, not the copilot icon. How do I move the copilot icon back to the left side where it was? The right side is a stupid location....
  3. How do I get the copilot icon back to the left side of the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get the copilot icon back to the left side of the taskbar?: I don't want my clock moved. The copilot icon has moved my clock. I want my clock to be on the far right, not the copilot icon. How do I move the copilot icon back to the left side where it was? The right side is a stupid location....
  4. How do i move the taskbar back to the left side of the screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i move the taskbar back to the left side of the screen?: How do I move the taskbar back to the left side of the screen? I saw a similar question from someone back in November 2021, but still, this isn't yet available. When will it be or can we expect it to be in Windows 12?...
  5. How do i move the taskbar back to the left side of the screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i move the taskbar back to the left side of the screen?: How do I move the taskbar back to the left side of the screen? I saw a similar question from someone back in November 2021, but still, this isn't yet available. When will it be or can we expect it to be in Windows 12?...
  6. How do I get my list of Apps back on the left?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get my list of Apps back on the left?: Previously I had commented that my Desktop was messed up. Since then I was able to get the Desktop back, as you can see my my attachment, but the Apps should be to the left when I click on wthe Windows Icon. They should be in a list not spread as you see by the 2nd...
  7. Can the App list on the left side in fullscreen Start be expanded by default?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can the App list on the left side in fullscreen Start be expanded by default?: When using the fullscreen mode on the Start menu, the one that takes up the entire screen, the left-hand side of the layout which usually shows the App list, does not exist. Instead, that app list and the pinned apps are in a either-or relationship; only one is visible at a...
  8. How do I place taskbar on the left side?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I place taskbar on the left side?: Like so all the icons will be on the left Windows butto search button etc submitted by /u/nikas444 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/glwtp4/how_do_i_place_taskbar_on_the_left_side/
  9. Expand the start menu (left side)

in Windows 10 Support
    Expand the start menu (left side): Perhaps I'm missing something but can the left side (non tiled side) of the start menu be expanded? If so, how? [img] I kind of find it a bit annoying that I can't expand that side out a little so I can easily read item titles. Thanks. 24456
  10. How to Expand the left side of Start (by default)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Expand the left side of Start (by default): In Start Menu, on the left there is an expand button, but how can I make it expanded by default (thus hiding that ridiculous huge list of apps by letter) Thanks in advance. 68969