Windows 10: How do I get the middle mouse button to work? Comfort Mouse 4500

Discus and support How do I get the middle mouse button to work? Comfort Mouse 4500 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey. I have 2 of the least important issues, ever. in win 10 history. I ask for the communities assistance in my tiny endevor. I had the same mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jonas The Swedish Goth, Jun 21, 2019.

1. How do I get the middle mouse button to work? Comfort Mouse 4500

Hey.

I have 2 of the least important issues, ever. in win 10 history. I ask for the communities assistance in my tiny endevor.

I had the same mouse for years, and got several of em. The Microsoft Comfort.

Never had an issue. (Wired-old fashion 2 button and a mouse wheel button) I didnt even need to use the "Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center".

My mouse and keyboard has always worked without any problem what so ever.

A few weeks ago,

I had a broken Insider build, that I had to restore to and old windows.

All good, but my windows "catalogs and logs....are a mess". But the system works.

But,

I now have got 2 rather annoying problems, that I can not solve.

I KNOW, I am asking for help about something thats is Last on the list of things to fix!

It's annoying me!

Maybe one of you out there got any tip for me or have been in my situtation?

My tiny issue 1:

My mouse works,

HOWEVER, the mosue wheel button does not! Its like its "disabled", but when I run Mouse and Keyboard center. The mouse wheel button is active there.....but does NOTHING. Even if I change the "middle click" to other mouse buttons or even set keys

It has been working for years!

The mouse HW works. I have tried 2 of the same brand, which works fine on another computer.

The mouse wheel works! The drivers reports no issues.

HOW, do I ENABLE the Middle mouse button? There are TONS of tips how to disable it......HOW DO I TURN IT ON!?

Tiny issue 2

At the same time, my keyboard input "button" moved itself from the taskbar. You need press "Ctrl-atl-Del", to find it.
    Its the button that says "ENG", and Where you can change input keyboard. I have an english and Swedish Keyboard, as input. Both QWERTY. And English as windows main output lanuage. (I only have access to Swedish mumbo jumbo letters (ÅÄÖ)

My keyboard layout and settings has always worked.

But now,

First...I had to "Tinker" with windows in order to get the Language back back in the taskbar. The Task Bar settings, did NOT do THIS! (??)

My Tiny issue with the keyboard:

One key, and ONLY that key, I have hold down for 2 seconds for it to activate. Its the Swedish (Ö). And when I hold it....it types lots of ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ.

I have never seen this "Problem" before. The keyboard key, is 100% functional. When using the english keyboard layout. The key respons normally.

Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions?

I have run Image repairs and scans all week. I have logs of CBS and DISM for those who are interested.
    I have Restored and validated the image packages both from online, and a ISO downloaded, mounthed image.

My PC works! So an Repair upgrade or Format/install is my last resort.

Any advice? Do I win an award for being honest and asking for help, because this annoyed me!

Wish you all a magical Midsummer!

:)

Jonas The Swedish Goth, Jun 21, 2019

2. Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500

I have 2 Acer computers running Windows 10. The first upgraded from Windows 7, the second with Windows 10 pre-installed. I use a Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 USB. On the first computer the mouse works perfectly. On the second device manager reports "drivers
    not installed - code 28. This operation requires an interactive Windows station" I click to update the driver, then auto search for driver. Message comes back "Windows has encountered a problem - contact equipment supplier" I download and install Microsoft
    Mouse and Keyboard Centre 2.8.106 for Windows 10. It doesn't recognise the mouse. I have connected the mouse to each USB port with the same result. All other USB devices function perfectly. Research on the net seems to indicate the problem may lie with the
    c:\Windows\System 32\drivers and DriverStore folders. I have taken ownership of these folders and have full control of "drivers" but cannot take full control of "DriverStore" - the system won't let me. I'm not going to re-install Windows and have to go to
    the hassle of reinstalling ALL applications. It would be simpler just to buy a Logitech mouse. Does anyone have any ideas?

Tonylemoulin, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Sculpt comfort mouse windows 10 gestures

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing Sculpt Comfort Mouse on Windows 10.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to uninstall the mouse drivers.

• Right click on Windows key,
      select Device Manager.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on each of the drivers and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: Manually install the mouse drivers from the link below.

Refer: Sculpt Comfort Mouse

Choose the current operating system under
    What operating system are you using?

Hop it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 21, 2019
  4. ATats70 Win User

How do I get the middle mouse button to work? Comfort Mouse 4500

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse - stops working

Recently after an update to Windows 10, my Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse stops working.

After looking at some posts. The following steps seem to work.

In Device Manager, under Bluetooth uninstall devices, then under actions Scan for hardware changes.

This seems to work and the mouse works again however, these steps are repeated over the course of the day as the mouse stops working randomly.

I also notice that under other devices I have a number of devices that seem to be unknown

How do I get the middle mouse button to work? Comfort Mouse 4500 abf5f1d8-87fa-45b6-865d-0d934c380f6d.png

I also have a Microsoft phone 950xl and 640 however these drivers are for other nokia phones which we do not have.

Can someone suggest a permanent fix to (a) the Bluetooth mouse not needing to be reset the way I have been doing this (as listed above) and (b) a fix for these other devices.

The laptop I use is a Dell Inspiron 15 - 7000 Series

ATats70, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

How do I get the middle mouse button to work? Comfort Mouse 4500

1. How do I get the middle mouse button to work? Comfort Mouse 4500 - Similar Threads - middle mouse button

2. Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 not showing up in Mouse and Keyboard Centre

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 not showing up in Mouse and Keyboard Centre: Hi,I'd be grateful if anybody can help, I want to remap the buttons n my new 4500 Comfort Mouse.I have downloaded the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre, but it appears only to show my Msoft keyboard, it does not recognise the mouse at all or I am unable to work out how to...
  3. Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 not showing up in Mouse and Keyboard Centre

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 not showing up in Mouse and Keyboard Centre: Hi,I'd be grateful if anybody can help, I want to remap the buttons n my new 4500 Comfort Mouse.I have downloaded the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre, but it appears only to show my Msoft keyboard, it does not recognise the mouse at all or I am unable to work out how to...
  4. Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 not showing up in Mouse and Keyboard Centre

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  6. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  7. Middle mouse button click not working

8. 4500 Mouse

4500 Mouse: Does anyone know why I can no longer program the right and left mouse? I used to have my left button as a single click, and the right button as a double click and the side buttons became my right clicks. I need to know what to do as I am not very comfortable now with my own...
  9. Comfort Mouse 4500 scroll wheel issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Comfort Mouse 4500 scroll wheel issue: I have the mouse less than a year, and it behaves as if the scroll wheel is depressed, causing Windows to engage the scroll mode. The scroll wheel also seems to hit the top of the mouse buttons, which interferes with usage. I need warranty service, but am not able to get...
  10. Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 some buttons don't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 some buttons don't work: I moved the mouse over to my new Win 10 computer and installed the driver found on the Microsoft site. The main (top) buttons work, but the side buttons don't work. The mouse properties on the control panel has no reference to the extra buttons. The mouse worked fine on my...