Windows 10: How do i get the my computer /This Pc icon into the taskbar instead of file explorer?

Discus and support How do i get the my computer /This Pc icon into the taskbar instead of file explorer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just wanna open "This Pc" and not the file explorer or whatever it is when i open the folder in the taskbar. Is there anyway i can do this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/deathlordl, Nov 8, 2019.

1. How do i get the my computer /This Pc icon into the taskbar instead of file explorer?

I just wanna open "This Pc" and not the file explorer or whatever it is when i open the folder in the taskbar.

Is there anyway i can do this?

submitted by /u/deathlordl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/deathlordl, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Nov 8, 2019
  3. pin multiple file explorer icons to taskbar

Hi Horie,

You will be able to view multiple pinned icons by scrolling down the taskbar on the computer desktop.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you facing similar issue on performing
      Pin to taskbar
      ?
    • Are the icons not displaying on the taskbar?

Check if similar issue persists on trying to pin the icons by right clicking on the file and selecting
    Pin to taskbar option from the context menu.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of not able to pin file explorer icons on the computer in the same post
    for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

How do i get the my computer /This Pc icon into the taskbar instead of file explorer?

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

How do i get the my computer /This Pc icon into the taskbar instead of file explorer?

1. How do i get the my computer /This Pc icon into the taskbar instead of file explorer? - Similar Threads - computer icon taskbar

2. How do I get the date on my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get the date on my taskbar?: I can't find a way the put the date on my taskbar... * Moved from IE10/other https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-date-on-my-taskbar/bcec9fc9-c1d3-4f23-a7a2-f006d543f877
  3. how do I put a printer icon on my taskbar

how do I put a printer icon on my taskbar: how do I put an icon of printer on my taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-put-a-printer-icon-on-my-taskbar/b9a9b28e-cd8c-485f-a08d-5b039d5586d3
  4. How do I get my PC to reset?

How do I get my PC to reset?: I have tried everything I could think of to get my PC to reset but the only thing I can't do is reinstall windows from a media device. I've tried updating it which also fails, I've tried cmd and cmd in trouble shoot, tried some anti virus software, this may not sound like...
  5. How do I cleanup unwanted taskbar icons?

How do I cleanup unwanted taskbar icons?: A week or so ago I experimented with showing all the lower right icons I could just for fun. Now I am paying the price for my foolish experiment. I can't find out out to remove all but the 2 or 3 I had displayed before. This complicated by the difficulty in finding a...
  6. How do I get the Dark File Explorer Theme?

How do I get the Dark File Explorer Theme?: I've looked around and when I click the dark all it does is effect my settings background, not the file explorer. I've tried updating my PC to the Insider version however when it crashes it looks like a blue screen but its green. I know it crashes when the update reaches 42%....
  7. How do I get my FILES in two columns in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my FILES in two columns in Windows Explorer: I have some folders that have NUMEROUS files in them, and I can't see all of the files at once without making the text so small that I can't read it. I would like to be able to divide the contents of a folder into two columns of FILES. Whenever I try to find the solution on...
  8. How do I delete an invisible icon in the taskbar?

How do I delete an invisible icon in the taskbar?: I pinned Mail on my taskbar. Later to have a keyboard shortcut, I created a shortcut of mail and sent it to desktop and then eventually to start menu's directory. Afterwards - it would seem - the mail icon of my taskbar became invisible. I cannot unpin it because it isn't...
  9. file explorer icon on taskbar

file explorer icon on taskbar: My "file explorer icon" has disappeared from my taskbar. don't know how or when. where do I find it or how do I put it back there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/file-explorer-icon-on-taskbar/393db9be-718c-4052-92b0-e76ac3d3052c
  10. How do I get a "Network Activity Indicator" icon in the taskbar back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get a "Network Activity Indicator" icon in the taskbar back?: Hello How do I get a "Network Activity Indicator" back in Windows 10 (x64)? (Like previous versions of Windows used to have about 7 years ago!) I tried installing this but although it ran, nothing has appeared in the task bar. Network Activity Indicator for Windows 7...