Windows 10: How do i get the my computer /This Pc icon into the taskbar instead of file explorer?

Discus and support How do i get the my computer /This Pc icon into the taskbar instead of file explorer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just wanna open "This Pc" and not the file explorer or whatever it is when i open the folder in the taskbar. Is there anyway i can do this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/deathlordl, Nov 8, 2019.

1. How do i get the my computer /This Pc icon into the taskbar instead of file explorer?

I just wanna open "This Pc" and not the file explorer or whatever it is when i open the folder in the taskbar.

Is there anyway i can do this?

submitted by /u/deathlordl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/deathlordl, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Nov 8, 2019
  3. pin multiple file explorer icons to taskbar

Hi Horie,

You will be able to view multiple pinned icons by scrolling down the taskbar on the computer desktop.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you facing similar issue on performing
      Pin to taskbar
      ?
    • Are the icons not displaying on the taskbar?

Check if similar issue persists on trying to pin the icons by right clicking on the file and selecting
    Pin to taskbar option from the context menu.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of not able to pin file explorer icons on the computer in the same post
    for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

How do i get the my computer /This Pc icon into the taskbar instead of file explorer?

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

How do i get the my computer /This Pc icon into the taskbar instead of file explorer?

1. How do i get the my computer /This Pc icon into the taskbar instead of file explorer? - Similar Threads - computer icon taskbar

2. How Do I Get the Outlook Icon in my Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Get the Outlook Icon in my Taskbar?: The Icon for my Outlook has disappeared from my taskbar.I cannot find an up to date way of getting it back on there.Can some one help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-outlook-icon-in-my-taskbar/dd66b6d1-1c36-423a-9633-117eb6fd1314
  3. How do i get my pictures to display instead of the photo icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get my pictures to display instead of the photo icon: I am having trouble seeing my pictures on my computer. all i see is the photo icon. not the picture itself, I don't know when this started but it has been plaguing me for quite a while. Can anyone help me as i am getting frustrated in fixing this problem. I want to see my...
  4. How do i get my pictures to display instead of the photo icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i get my pictures to display instead of the photo icon: I am having trouble seeing my pictures on my computer. all i see is the photo icon. not the picture itself, I don't know when this started but it has been plaguing me for quite a while. Can anyone help me as i am getting frustrated in fixing this problem. I want to see my...
  5. how do I get my pictures to show up instead of icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I get my pictures to show up instead of icons?: My pictures are showing up as blue icons, how do I get them to show as pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-pictures-to-show-up-instead-of/07966bbf-0630-401b-8c71-f9ebf087913f
  6. how do I get my pictures to show up instead of icons?

how do I get my pictures to show up instead of icons?: My pictures are showing up as blue icons, how do I get them to show as pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-pictures-to-show-up-instead-of/07966bbf-0630-401b-8c71-f9ebf087913f
  7. How do I change my File Explorer file icons?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change my File Explorer file icons?: So, for the past 2 years I've been using the "newer" version of the icons The icons like the green download icon, purple videos icon, basically the more modern looking icons. It seem like the new icons are called "Fluent icons". I did a software update yesterday before going...
  8. How do I change my File Explorer file icons?

How do I change my File Explorer file icons?: So, for the past 2 years I've been using the "newer" version of the icons The icons like the green download icon, purple videos icon, basically the more modern looking icons. It seem like the new icons are called "Fluent icons". I did a software update yesterday before going...
  9. How do I change my File Explorer file icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Taskbar icons for File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons for File Explorer: I've always kept File Explorer (Windows Explorer) pinned to my taskbar, and the familiar 'folder' icon made it quick and easy to find and click. With Windows 10, this icon now changes, depending on what kind of folder I'm looking through. For example, if I'm looking at my...