Windows 10: How do I get the OLD version of snipping tool

Discus and support How do I get the OLD version of snipping tool in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HelloThe new version of snipping tool is absolutely terrible. How do i get the old version for my windows 11Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nikole R, Sep 9, 2022.

1. Nikole R Win User

How do I get the OLD version of snipping tool

HelloThe new version of snipping tool is absolutely terrible. How do i get the old version for my windows 11Thanks

:)

Nikole R, Sep 9, 2022

2. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Sep 9, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Sep 9, 2022
  4. DSlater Win User

Snipping tool not working

I'm trying to use the Snipping Tool (Windows+Shift+S) but when it opens up to let me select which part of the screen to select, it blanks out the entire screen so that there is nothing to select. I'm not sure when this stopped working since I do not use it very often. I'm using:

• Edition Windows 11 Pro
    • Version 21H2
    • Installed on ‎11/‎6/‎2021
    • OS build 22000.613
    • Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.613.0
    • The Snipping Tool shows version 11.2201.12.0
    Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!

DSlater, Sep 9, 2022
Thema:

1. How do I get the OLD version of snipping tool - Similar Threads - OLD version snipping

2. How do I get rid of Windows 11 snipping tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Windows 11 snipping tool?: New Win11 user here. If I'm understanding correctly, the new snipping tool is controlled using the Print Scrn button. Problem is, I have a third party app that I'd rather use for snipping, and Windows' default is overriding my commands, outputs, and settings. I've tried...
  3. How do I get rid of Windows 11 snipping tool?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of Windows 11 snipping tool?: New Win11 user here. If I'm understanding correctly, the new snipping tool is controlled using the Print Scrn button. Problem is, I have a third party app that I'd rather use for snipping, and Windows' default is overriding my commands, outputs, and settings. I've tried...
  4. How do I get the OLD version of snipping tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the OLD version of snipping tool: HelloThe new version of snipping tool is absolutely terrible. How do i get the old version for my windows 11Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-old-version-of-snipping-tool/9383263b-51de-475d-8c53-3eb905a19ea2
  5. How to get the old snipping tool back on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get the old snipping tool back on Windows 11?: The new snipping tool does not work for me. It's slow and constantly crashes, or does not display. It doesn't work almost every time I try to use it and it's beginning to really frustrate me, I use snipping tool very frequently and this new version does not work. How do I get...
  6. How to get the old snipping tool back on Windows 11?

How to get the old snipping tool back on Windows 11?: The new snipping tool does not work for me. It's slow and constantly crashes, or does not display. It doesn't work almost every time I try to use it and it's beginning to really frustrate me, I use snipping tool very frequently and this new version does not work. How do I get...
  7. How do I disable the Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable the Snipping Tool: So I recently discovered that I actually like snip and sketch over the old snipping tool. Problem is the snipping tool always pops up first in search when I type snip. Anyone know how to just remove the old Snipping tool from search results? Yes I know there are more...
  8. Snip Tool change to Snip and Sketch - can I get old one back?

Snip Tool change to Snip and Sketch - can I get old one back?: Does anyone else dislike the change? So many things went south - instead of "latest and greatest" it is "latest and worse" ! - The pop-up box does not disappear when making a snip (the old tool box disappeared) - Dimming the screen is a terrible idea - makes no sense -...
  9. How do I get the old Windows 10 snipping tool?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I get the old Windows 10 snipping tool?: It did all I wanted and was easy to use, the new one I am sure does a lot but at best it is not easy to use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-old-windows-10-snipping-tool/4a738bf7-f731-4766-b908-1b3d4da7e7be"
  10. I don't have Snipping Tool--how do I get it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I don't have Snipping Tool--how do I get it?: I'm trying to find the Snipping Tool. It's supposed to be found under "Windows Accesories," but it's no there. When I type "snipping tool" into Cortana, all I get is "see web resulrs," and no desktop app is listed. What am I missing?...