Windows 10: How do I get the old Windows photo gallery and movie maker for my new Windows 10 laptop?

Discus and support How do I get the old Windows photo gallery and movie maker for my new Windows 10 laptop? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 and discovered that my beloved Windows 7 photo gallery and movie maker have been replaced by inferior... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IndyCanary51, Mar 18, 2019.

1. How do I get the old Windows photo gallery and movie maker for my new Windows 10 laptop?

I just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 and discovered that my beloved Windows 7 photo gallery and movie maker have been replaced by inferior products. Although Microsoft no longer provides or supports them, I understand that the old ones are still available for download elsewhere and will work fine on Windows 10. But how do I know which sites are safe to download from? Are these safe? https://windows-movie-maker.en.softonic.com/ https://windows-live-photo-gallery.en.softonic.com/ Any better suggestions?

:)

IndyCanary51, Mar 18, 2019
  2. mrgeek Win User

Need Photo Gallery prog. to use Movie Maker

I've used Movie Maker for a long time and you don't think you need Live Gallery. Just open Movie Maker\File\New project then drag and drop pictures or videos into the work area on the R.
    PS; if you only deleted the desktop shortcut, do a Cortana search for Live Photo Gallery. Uninstall would require more interaction from you than just deleting the shortcut from desktop. Install location is CHow do I get the old Windows photo gallery and movie maker for my new Windows 10 laptop? :prog Files (x86)/Windows Live/Photo Gallery (both p.g & M.M)

mrgeek, Mar 18, 2019
  3. LUVSITE Win User
    windows live photo gallery movie maker crashed

After updating windows 10 version 1803 I get an error message when I try to run either the movie maker under windows live photo gallery, or the photo gallery itself, which has the movie maker under it. I am elderly, 73 years old, and it is difficult to
    learn new software, and this movie maker was wonderful for doing whatever I needed. I lost another program, not a windows program, and get the same error (picture below). The tech for the company on that problem suggested I get rid of the visual C++ runtimes
    for the program (I'm trying to figure out how to do that), uninstall the program and reinstall it.

Can you please help me with the Windows Live /Photo Gallery/movie maker? It worked great for years until the version 1803 update. Please help me. Can I get a copy of the program to reinstall it, even though windows may no longer support it?

How do I get the old Windows photo gallery and movie maker for my new Windows 10 laptop? 19df7b7a-3bd5-49cf-93c4-41d19c98f4af?upload=true.jpg

LUVSITE, Mar 18, 2019
  4. LUVSITE Win User

How do I get the old Windows photo gallery and movie maker for my new Windows 10 laptop?

windows live photo gallery movie maker crashed

I'm sorry, I'm slowing down at age 73, do you have a link where I can get this software to reinstall it, and where they won't download other stuff secretly with the download? The movie maker is under Windows Live/Photo Gallery/Movie Maker. Do I need to
    delete all three? I see a Photo Gallery program that gives me the same error when I try to run it as the Movie Maker, but I don't see a Windows Live program. The movie maker is all I care about, It's very difficult at my age to learn a new program, but
    it apparently goes with the other programs. Here again is the error I get when I try to start the Photo Gallery or the Movie Maker: 0xc000012f

LUVSITE, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

How do I get the old Windows photo gallery and movie maker for my new Windows 10 laptop?

1. How do I get the old Windows photo gallery and movie maker for my new Windows 10 laptop? - Similar Threads - old photo gallery

2. How do i get windows movie maker on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i get windows movie maker on windows 10?: I used to have it on Windows 7, and on Windows 10 when i upgraded on that HDD, then i put Windows 10 on my SSD instead, all the stuff i had before on the regular HDD is still there but i can't find any shortcuts or folders referencing to windows movie maker, what do?...
  3. Movie Maker Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movie Maker Windows 10: Does Windows 10 include Movie Maker? Have read conflicting answers to this question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-maker-windows-10/62cb5b02-1271-4ab8-82d5-d89bbccba6cb
  4. Movie Maker Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movie Maker Windows 10: Does Windows 10 include Movie Maker? Have read conflicting answers to this question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-maker-windows-10/62cb5b02-1271-4ab8-82d5-d89bbccba6cb
  5. windows 10, movie maker

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows 10, movie maker: What do you have for the laptop, Windows 10 to make movies with music. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-movie-maker/1f87da16-5c7c-42d9-8c29-2b7187291dc2"
  6. windows 10 doesnt have movie maker. I love windows 7 movie maker, how do I get it?

windows 10 doesnt have movie maker. I love windows 7 movie maker, how do I get it?: I want to add transitions to windows 10 photo movie making program, only has 3-D and other things I don't like at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-doesnt-have-movie-maker-i-love-windows/4c7a60ca-0746-4b83-8c5e-08a379ea391a
  7. How do I get Windows Movie Maker back?

How do I get Windows Movie Maker back?: Hello, my cousin has a laptop with Win10, it didn't come with Windows Movie Maker. I don't know if this question is already asked/answered. So yeah, how do I go about getting Movie Maker back on Win10? Thanks in advance. 125196
  8. Windows 10 Movie Maker

Windows 10 Movie Maker: How can I add music to Movie Maker Video? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-movie-maker/49200672-d9a0-479a-8ef3-26a62c3cbdfc
  9. Movie Maker from photos

Movie Maker from photos: I can't upload 2 songs for a picture presentation !!! When I enter the second song it always deletes the first. How can you have a longer photo show with music ? When I upload the second song it shows both songs, but when I click done it only saves one of the songs....
  10. Need Photo Gallery prog. to use Movie Maker

Need Photo Gallery prog. to use Movie Maker: I deleted in error the Live Photo Gallery shortcut on my desktop after a notice said it was not available, now I can't find the programme and also can't use Movie Maker even though it's installed. Both these programmes work together. Please what is the solution.? Thanks....