Windows 10: How do I get the opening lock screen to start asking again if I'm a fan of the picture or not?

Discus and support How do I get the opening lock screen to start asking again if I'm a fan of the picture or not? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The opening screen when I switch my laptop on has stopped asking me if I'm a fan of the picture or not! I've tried going to settings, personalisation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by louise manning, Mar 25, 2023.

1. How do I get the opening lock screen to start asking again if I'm a fan of the picture or not?

The opening screen when I switch my laptop on has stopped asking me if I'm a fan of the picture or not! I've tried going to settings, personalisation and taking the lock screen off of Windows Spotlight, shutting down and restarting the computer and then repeating the process but putting it back to Windows Spotlight. That hasn't worked and I hate the picture that it's stuck on!Not a major issue I know but I quite liked this feature at the start and finding out about the different places around the world! All help gratefully received...

:)

louise manning, Mar 25, 2023
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Opening screen picture

Hi Sharon,

You can customize the settings of the lock screen and desktop screen background picture in the Pesonalization page of Settings. You can also change the profile picture that you're seeing on the log-in screen in the Accounts page of Settings. Just to clarify,
    are you referring to the desktop screen, the lock screen, or the profile picture of your user account?

To change the background picture of the lock screen, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Personalization.
    • On the left pane, choose Lock screen.
    • Under Choose your picture, you can select from the default list of photos or you can click on
      Browse if you want to select the photo that you want.

You can change the background picture of the desktop by following the same steps above but instead of choosing lock screen, select
    Background.

You can replace the profile picture of your user account by doing these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Accounts.
    • On the left pane, choose Your info.
    • Under Create your picture, choose Browse for one to see choose the profile photo that you want.

If you have additional questions, kindly reply to this thread.

Argel Obm, Mar 25, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 25, 2023
  4. How do I get the opening lock screen to start asking again if I'm a fan of the picture or not?

Lock Screen Image Issue

Hi Kirby,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to set the default pictures as the Lock Screen picture from the PC and check if it works or not.

Follow the steps below:

• In start type "settings" and press enter.
    • Select Personalize
    • From the left click on "Lock screen"
    • Select the default picture and conform by preview.
    Please do get back to us to assist you better with issue you are facing.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 25, 2023
Thema:

How do I get the opening lock screen to start asking again if I'm a fan of the picture or not?

1. How do I get the opening lock screen to start asking again if I'm a fan of the picture or not? - Similar Threads - opening lock screen

2. How do I get the opening lock screen to start asking again if I'm a fan of the picture or not?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I get the opening lock screen to start asking again if I'm a fan of the picture or not?: The opening screen when I switch my laptop on has stopped asking me if I'm a fan of the picture or not! I've tried going to settings, personalisation and taking the lock screen off of Windows Spotlight, shutting down and restarting the computer and then repeating the process...
  3. How do I get the opening lock screen to start asking again if I'm a fan of the picture or not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the opening lock screen to start asking again if I'm a fan of the picture or not?: The opening screen when I switch my laptop on has stopped asking me if I'm a fan of the picture or not! I've tried going to settings, personalisation and taking the lock screen off of Windows Spotlight, shutting down and restarting the computer and then repeating the process...
  4. How do I get pictures to show in the folders again?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get pictures to show in the folders again?: I used to have this feature in windows years ago but now it is gone.I need to be able to get that feature back. How do I turn it back on? I need it definitely when I try to load phones by explorer into posts and forums.I have HP Z computing products and I have so much RAM now...
  5. How do I get pictures to show in the folders again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get pictures to show in the folders again?: I used to have this feature in windows years ago but now it is gone.I need to be able to get that feature back. How do I turn it back on? I need it definitely when I try to load phones by explorer into posts and forums.I have HP Z computing products and I have so much RAM now...
  6. How do I get pictures to show in the folders again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do I get the One Drive to open again?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I get the One Drive to open again?: The One Drive has closed, how do I get it to open again? It's not offering a chance to open it again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-one-drive-to-open-again/b08e3c3a-73d0-4a75-8ad0-99f132db85ac
  8. How do I change my lock screen picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change my lock screen picture: How do I change my lock screen picture https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-lock-screen-picture/69042775-5ba2-4085-9523-93afb070ee1d
  9. how do i readjust a picture on my lock screen

how do i readjust a picture on my lock screen: I am putting a personal pic on my lock scree and need to move it so it fits the screen how do I move it to do so https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-do-i-readjust-a-picture-on-my-lock-screen/b1567d01-8788-4582-81d9-2e292959bc46
  10. How do I get my Windows Live Lock Screen Background to Change Again

How do I get my Windows Live Lock Screen Background to Change Again: Recently, My lock screen, which is set on Windows Live Backgrounds, has stopped changing photos. Wondering if anyone could help? 99549