Windows 10: how do I get the original file date to display in file explorer?

Discus and support how do I get the original file date to display in file explorer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; under my Win 10 version of File Explorer, the Modified Date appears as the time column. How can I change this to the date the file was created?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Grosep, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Grosep Win User

how do I get the original file date to display in file explorer?

under my Win 10 version of File Explorer, the Modified Date appears as the time column. How can I change this to the date the file was created?

:)

Grosep, Nov 19, 2020

2. file explorer shows created date not updated date.

Today, I went to Microsoft file explorer and sorted a list of files by date.

Imagine my horror when I saw that they were all old files.

In fact, the problem is that the date displayed is created date, and not updated date.

This is the first time that I have observed this - it has worked OK in the past.

GrahamDLovell, Nov 19, 2020
  3. File Explorer: Date

In File Explorer what does Date mean in comparison to Date Modified or Date Created? What date information does it provide? It is the default date format listed.

BrianHeeney, Nov 19, 2020
  4. how do I get the original file date to display in file explorer?

I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

how do I get the original file date to display in file explorer?

1. how do I get the original file date to display in file explorer? - Similar Threads - original file date

2. When opening a new tab in File Explorer, how do I keep the original tab displayed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When opening a new tab in File Explorer, how do I keep the original tab displayed?: On Windows 11 File Explorer has tabs which, much like a browser's tabs, can be opened through various means, including middle-mouse-click. When this happens, the focus of the window switches to the new tab. Most browsers allow this as an option, but the default setting is...
  3. When opening a new tab in File Explorer, how do I keep the original tab displayed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When opening a new tab in File Explorer, how do I keep the original tab displayed?: On Windows 11 File Explorer has tabs which, much like a browser's tabs, can be opened through various means, including middle-mouse-click. When this happens, the focus of the window switches to the new tab. Most browsers allow this as an option, but the default setting is...
  4. How do I get File Explorer back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get File Explorer back?: I installed something on my laptop to ungroup the windows 11 icons, it broke my whole OS. Safe Mode still has the same issue of File Explorer restart looping. It was from This Forum. Any help to solving the issue quickly would be appreciated! It was from Sumit D or whatever...
  5. How do I get File Explorer back?

How do I get File Explorer back?: I installed something on my laptop to ungroup the windows 11 icons, it broke my whole OS. Safe Mode still has the same issue of File Explorer restart looping. It was from This Forum. Any help to solving the issue quickly would be appreciated! It was from Sumit D or whatever...
  6. How do I display folders first in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I display folders first in File Explorer?: I want folders to come first in File Explorer when using List View. I also have selected: Group By > Type. As it is now, folders are shown after document DOCUX files.Is there any way to do this?Thanks!...
  7. How do I display folders first in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I display folders first in File Explorer?: I want folders to come first in File Explorer when using List View. I also have selected: Group By > Type. As it is now, folders are shown after document DOCUX files.Is there any way to do this?Thanks!...
  8. How do I display folders first in File Explorer?

9. How do I get File Explorer back to how it was?

How do I get File Explorer back to how it was?: I recently had to download TreeSize to help check on what I thought was an issue but turned out to be nothing. However, when I installed it it messed up how my File Explorer looks. Even after uninstalling my File Explorer looks the same. How do I fix this?...
  10. File Explorer: Date

File Explorer: Date: In File Explorer what does Date mean in comparison to Date Modified or Date Created? What date information does it provide? It is the default date format listed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-date/4614f159-9281-43d2-a1ea-3669f9a9abc0