Windows 10: How do I get the password for an unbootable laptop

Discus and support How do I get the password for an unbootable laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop crashed and the tech guys need the password to save the data. I've forgotten the password and the laptop won't boot. Is there anything I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GrubbySalmon66, Jul 11, 2020.

1. How do I get the password for an unbootable laptop

My laptop crashed and the tech guys need the password to save the data. I've forgotten the password and the laptop won't boot. Is there anything I can do?

submitted by /u/GrubbySalmon66
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GrubbySalmon66, Jul 11, 2020
  2. gbm97 Win User

Password required for unbootable laptop for warranty repair tech

Hi
    Probably worried for nothing but I need this repair to go with no snags or extra cost.
    I am about to send my unbootable laptop in to Lenovo on a warranty claim.
    What happens if I have forgotten the password (pin number in my case) for the laptop and a password is required by Lenovo?

I was thinking change the password on another device and sync the new password over to the unbootable laptop but not to sure how that works and if it does.
    Thanks for any help.

gbm97, Jul 11, 2020
  3. MCK
    mck Win User
    How can I find the password for my Windows 10 laptop?

I found a solution to my problem. What I did was:
    1. Open Network & Sharing Center on the laptop.
    2. Click "Change advanced sharing settings"
    3. Expand the "All Networks" item.
    4. Change "Password protected sharing" from On to Off.

Now when I click my laptop name in File Explorer > Networks, it just shows my shared folder without asking for a network credentials password. This is how it used to work before.

Hope this helps others,

4. Bruce SX Win User

How do I get the password for an unbootable laptop

Is there a trojan csrss.exe? If so how do I eliminate it.

She has changed the Google password.

Do we change her Microsoft password using her pc using the following steps?

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, and then click Change a password.
    • Type your old password followed by a new password as indicated, and then type the new password again to confirm it.
    • Press Enter.

Bruce SX, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

How do I get the password for an unbootable laptop

1. How do I get the password for an unbootable laptop - Similar Threads - password unbootable laptop

2. How do I get into a laptop running on windows 10 if I don’t know the password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I get into a laptop running on windows 10 if I don’t know the password?: My cousin gave me a laptop that his mom got to take after cleaning someone else’s house. The problem is we don’t know the password, we can’t use the reset password link, we always get the undoing changes error when we try cleaning the files and drive, and apparently his...
  3. How do I get into a laptop running on windows 10 if I don’t know the password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get into a laptop running on windows 10 if I don’t know the password?: My cousin gave me a laptop that his mom got to take after cleaning someone else’s house. The problem is we don’t know the password, we can’t use the reset password link, we always get the undoing changes error when we try cleaning the files and drive, and apparently his...
  4. How do I get into a laptop running on windows 10 if I don’t know the password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I forgot my password to get into my legion laptop. How do I reset it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my password to get into my legion laptop. How do I reset it?: How can I reset my login password on my laptop? Changed it and now can't remember it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-password-to-get-into-my-legion-laptop/30c21fdd-79fa-44d8-ade5-99b7ae7a0077
  6. I forgot my password to get into my legion laptop. How do I reset it?

I forgot my password to get into my legion laptop. How do I reset it?: How can I reset my login password on my laptop? Changed it and now can't remember it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-password-to-get-into-my-legion-laptop/30c21fdd-79fa-44d8-ade5-99b7ae7a0077
  7. Unbootable laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unbootable laptop: After restarting my laptop after an update, my laptop won't boot properly. Every single time I try, it Automatic Repair attempts to repair, however all I get is a message that says "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC". I have tried using a bootable USB, however it does...
  8. Unbootable laptop

Unbootable laptop: After restarting my laptop after an update, my laptop won't boot properly. Every single time I try, it Automatic Repair attempts to repair, however all I get is a message that says "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC". I have tried using a bootable USB, however it does...
  9. Unbootable laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Password required for unbootable laptop for warranty repair tech

in Windows 10 Support
    Password required for unbootable laptop for warranty repair tech: Hi Probably worried for nothing but I need this repair to go with no snags or extra cost. I am about to send my unbootable laptop in to Lenovo on a warranty claim. What happens if I have forgotten the password (pin number in my case) for the laptop and a password is...