Windows 10: How do I get the photo import app to only import new pictures?

Discus and support How do I get the photo import app to only import new pictures? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Windows 10 app for importing photos imports all photos. Is there a way to get it to only import new photos? Otherwise I have to uncheck all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alicia J, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Alicia J Win User

How do I get the photo import app to only import new pictures?

The Windows 10 app for importing photos imports all photos. Is there a way to get it to only import new photos? Otherwise I have to uncheck all the ones that have already been imported.

:)

Alicia J, Mar 28, 2016

2. Photo App in Windows 10

Recently got a new computer with Windows 10. When trying to import photos using Photo App from a SD card I get a message saying "there are no items to Import" - despite the fact that when I open the card using File Explorer the photos are all there on
    the card. How do I get Photo App to recognize/find my photos? As I see it now my only option is to manually copy and paste the photos - seems like a step backwards. With my previous computer Windows Photo Gallery (I think) would find the photos, create
    a folder, import and delete photos from card when imported, all as one action.

Frustratedat51, Mar 28, 2016
  3. I Want to Import Photos Again from my iPhone

I am using the Windows 10 Photos app to import photos from my iPhone. I did this once and it organized the photos very nicely with year/month folder names. I have since deleted the files on my PC and want to do that again. However, when I try to import using
    the Windows 10 Photos app it states that there is nothing new to import.

I have tried the technique of deleting "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Photo Acquisition\PreviouslyAcquired.db" but that only works with the explorer import.

Does anyone know how to reset the Windows 10 Photos app to let me do an import again?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike McCollister, Mar 28, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

The W10 photo app keeps track of photos that have already been downloaded so once you have downloaded your images they will not be selected the next time you insert your memory card or connect your camera.

If this is not happening for you it may be because you have just started using it and so you have pictures on your camera or memory card that were downloaded via another route. To get around this you need to delete all the pictures off the camera or memory card that you have already downloaded and then when you next insert the card you will only be downloading new ones and the W10 photo app will keep track of this for you.

philc43, Mar 28, 2016
  5. Alicia J Win User
    I imported all the pictures (not that many) that were on my iPhone and now it keeps track of just the new ones. Thanks Philc43!

Alicia J, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I get the photo import app to only import new pictures? - Similar Threads - photo import app

2. How to organize photos *to be imported* in the Photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to organize photos *to be imported* in the Photos app.: The most recent update to the Photos app has caused me a bit of a headache. In the older version not sure what version exactly when I would upload photos from my phone to the Photos application - the images would appear in chronological order from the most recent to the...
  3. How to organize photos *to be imported* in the Photos app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to organize photos *to be imported* in the Photos app.: The most recent update to the Photos app has caused me a bit of a headache. In the older version not sure what version exactly when I would upload photos from my phone to the Photos application - the images would appear in chronological order from the most recent to the...
  4. Photo app - import pictures to laptop

Photo app - import pictures to laptop: Photo app - The folders from importing the JPEG files have changed from grouping photos in date order on my older Windows 10 laptop with folder name in numeric date i.e 2020-01-18 to no grouping at all on my new Windows 10 laptop. I have checked settings on Photo app in both...
  5. Importing Photos Into Pictures File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing Photos Into Pictures File: 12/18/2020 - Did a recent Microsoft update change the way photos are grouped when downloading from my digital camera? Previously, I would download my photos, they would go into a folder showing the date taken, and I would rename the folder to show the subject matter of the...
  6. Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder

Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder: Just Reset Photos because it is not importing pictures from my Pictures Folder but is happily importing them from other folders. Option is to share but how to I get it to import them. It was working a few days ago...
  7. importing pictures

importing pictures: Is anyone having trouble importing pictures from their IPhone 11 to Windows 10? If so....have you come up with a way to do it? Please HELP If I can get any to go onto my laptop, it says file can't be opened. But mostly it won't work at all. I have 2400 pictures I really...
  8. Photos app not importing

Photos app not importing: Ive used the photos app in the past and its worked all the time. Now whenever i try to import photos from my iphone and ipad it says “something went wrong”. It does not have an error code. i have tried changing the port that the cable is in, ive changed the cables, ive...
  9. Importing pictures via Micro. Photo app

Importing pictures via Micro. Photo app: I was wondering if any one else has had trouble trying to import pictures from their iPhone to PC. I have been trying to transfer pictures from my iPhone 7 to my PC (Win.10) via the Photos app but it has not been working. It will find my phone and photos the first I plug it...
  10. import pictures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    import pictures: I have Windows 10. How to Import Pictures from my digital camera to My Pictures. Please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-pictures/5aaaa40d-dacf-4007-ab3f-e4996fa456c2