Windows 10: how do I get the Pictures folder to save by import date and NOT by date taken in Windows 10?

Discus and support how do I get the Pictures folder to save by import date and NOT by date taken in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have always kept my pictures organized by import date rather than by date taken, but sometime in the past year WIndows has started to only create and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bluedeacon, May 19, 2020.

1. how do I get the Pictures folder to save by import date and NOT by date taken in Windows 10?

I have always kept my pictures organized by import date rather than by date taken, but sometime in the past year WIndows has started to only create and save folders by date taken, no matter what I do, so instead of say, five folders for a year with 50 pics each, I have 200 folders with only one or two per folder. I've tried merging the pictures manually, renaming and deleting the old folders, but the next time I start up, I have five folders with 50 folders of one pic each all over again! I've dug all over the net and the few answers I've found either don't work or or are apparently obsolete. Any help? There seems to be no help within the Pictures app.

:)

bluedeacon, May 19, 2020

2. Why download dates showing for pictures taken years ago? See more details section.

Transfer the files to a PC and Look at "Date Created", "Date Modified", "Date Taken"

In your pictures folder, Right Click > Point to Sort By > Select More

Here you will find a list of Details. Select which Details you wish to view when viewing Photos

Smittychat., May 19, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. how do I get the Pictures folder to save by import date and NOT by date taken in Windows 10?

Importing photos into folders grouped by DATE taken, not TIME taken

When importing photos via the Import Picture and Videos feature, there is a slider to adjust the groupings of the photos.

My issue is, there does not seem to be a way for the images to be grouped by DATE taken only, rather than by a time range.

For example:

1) Photo on 21 October at 9pm.

2) Photo on 22 October at 8:30pm.

I want 1) to be placed in one folder for 21 October and 2) to be in another folder for 22 October. However, because less than 24 hours passed between the 2 photos, they are placed in the same folder, even if adjust the grouping to 1 day.
    Is there any way to fix this?

morningmouse, May 19, 2020
Thema:

how do I get the Pictures folder to save by import date and NOT by date taken in Windows 10?

1. how do I get the Pictures folder to save by import date and NOT by date taken in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Pictures folder save

2. How do I import pictures to folders by date taken in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I import pictures to folders by date taken in Windows 11?: This has been a feature of Windows forever but doesn't seem to be available on my new PC. Pictures were all imported under the same folder with today's date. When I look at the details of each individual picture, the dates and times are there. How can I correct this so my...
  3. How do I import pictures to folders by date taken in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I import pictures to folders by date taken in Windows 11?: This has been a feature of Windows forever but doesn't seem to be available on my new PC. Pictures were all imported under the same folder with today's date. When I look at the details of each individual picture, the dates and times are there. How can I correct this so my...
  4. How to change the date taken date of a folder of old scanned photos. WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the date taken date of a folder of old scanned photos. WIndows 10: In searching for this topic, I found a reference to select all then click Edit>.However, edit only works on one file at a time. It is grayed out when multiple files are selected.Is there a solution?I'm running Windows 10 on a Surface Pro.Thanks!...
  5. How to change the date taken date of a folder of old scanned photos. WIndows 10

How to change the date taken date of a folder of old scanned photos. WIndows 10: In searching for this topic, I found a reference to select all then click Edit>.However, edit only works on one file at a time. It is grayed out when multiple files are selected.Is there a solution?I'm running Windows 10 on a Surface Pro.Thanks!...
  6. Photo import not saving in folders by month of date taken

Photo import not saving in folders by month of date taken: My Original photo library was somewhat messed up including what was on OneDrive so I pulled them all down to my local computer. Having purged all the problem images and happy with the result I then copied them to a memory card and used Photos to start importing them.However...
  7. Photo import not saving in folders by month of date taken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo import not saving in folders by month of date taken: My Original photo library was somewhat messed up including what was on OneDrive so I pulled them all down to my local computer. Having purged all the problem images and happy with the result I then copied them to a memory card and used Photos to start importing them.However...
  8. Photo import not saving in folders by month of date taken

9. Downloading pictures wont save in folder by date

Downloading pictures wont save in folder by date: I'm not sure what happened but usually I can download pics from sd card and they go to a folder with the date. Now each pic is saved individually. How can I get it back to the way it was before....
  10. windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date.: Windows photo editor 10 has changed the date taken date to when I modified the photo with edits. How do I get original “date taken “date back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-changes-date-taken-date/8f1cfce8-7af4-4e75-afba-d5a8f52b7ec8