Windows 10: How do I get the pop-up keyboard on a surfacebook to not open unless I click on it?

Discus and support How do I get the pop-up keyboard on a surfacebook to not open unless I click on it? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have had my surfacebook for about a year and I can't seem to figure out the pop-up on screen keyboard (the one that pops up every time that you click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AmandaO'neal, Aug 1, 2018.

1. How do I get the pop-up keyboard on a surfacebook to not open unless I click on it?

I have had my surfacebook for about a year and I can't seem to figure out the pop-up on screen keyboard (the one that pops up every time that you click on somewhere you can enter text). Is there any way I can get it to only open when I click on the button instead of automatically? It's a useful feature, but since I mostly use a Bluetooth keyboard in tablet mode, the constant popping up gets in the way of everything.

Thanks!

Moved from: Surface Book / Display and screen

:)

AmandaO'neal, Aug 1, 2018

2. Touch keyboard pops up at login

Hi Mon,

The on-screen keyboard pops up on the login screen if the Use On-Screen Keyboard
    option is enabled. For us to disable this option, please follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Ease of Access Center, and then press Enter.
    • Click on the Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard link.
    • Under Type using a pointing device option, uncheck the
      Use On-Screen Keyboard
      box.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve your concern.

Janeane Cru, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Touch keyboard pops up at login

If the above steps didn't work, we suggest that you disable the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Please follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Services, and then press Enter.
    • On the right pane, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Double-click on it.
    • Locate the Startup Type drop down, and change it to Disabled.
    • Click on Apply button to save changes.
    • Click on OK button to close the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service
      window.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Mon.k11 Win User

How do I get the pop-up keyboard on a surfacebook to not open unless I click on it?

Touch keyboard pops up at login

Thanks for the help, this method worked.

Mon.k11, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

How do I get the pop-up keyboard on a surfacebook to not open unless I click on it?

1. How do I get the pop-up keyboard on a surfacebook to not open unless I click on it? - Similar Threads - pop keyboard surfacebook

2. Softwares won't open unless I click on a notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Softwares won't open unless I click on a notification: Hi, I have an issue with opening some softwares on my laptop.When I try to open a software like Whatsapp on my computer, the cursor shows the loading icon for a split second then stops and doesn't open the software. I tried opening it by running it as an administrator but it...
  3. Softwares won't open unless I click on a notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Softwares won't open unless I click on a notification: Hi, I have an issue with opening some softwares on my laptop.When I try to open a software like Whatsapp on my computer, the cursor shows the loading icon for a split second then stops and doesn't open the software. I tried opening it by running it as an administrator but it...
  4. How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?: MacAfee pop-ups tell me I have 5 viruses and I can't get rid of the pop-ups. Tell me hoe to do this, please. One third of my screen is covered with them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-mcafee-pop-ups/cd0f1c27-c541-4af0-aa2e-7bda0e578242
  5. How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?

How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?: MacAfee pop-ups tell me I have 5 viruses and I can't get rid of the pop-ups. Tell me hoe to do this, please. One third of my screen is covered with them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-mcafee-pop-ups/cd0f1c27-c541-4af0-aa2e-7bda0e578242
  6. How do I get rid of this constant pop-up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of this constant pop-up?: I keep getting constant pop-ups saying "Windows cannot find '\tmp\drvboost.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." link to image is below. How do I fix this?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q7SZ-Yt93XdRwp2d8m7D_iZaMTGtBRC7/view?usp=drivesdk...
  7. How do I get rid of this constant pop-up?

How do I get rid of this constant pop-up?: I keep getting constant pop-ups saying "Windows cannot find '\tmp\drvboost.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." link to image is below. How do I fix this?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q7SZ-Yt93XdRwp2d8m7D_iZaMTGtBRC7/view?usp=drivesdk...
  8. How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?: I have a Cortana pop-up that I can't get rid of on my Dell G15 notebook. It just appeared recently after a tech made some changes to my computer. I cannot get rid of this pop-up. It's always there when I toggle between the open apps on my PC. When I go to uninstall it, I find...
  9. How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?

How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?: I have a Cortana pop-up that I can't get rid of on my Dell G15 notebook. It just appeared recently after a tech made some changes to my computer. I cannot get rid of this pop-up. It's always there when I toggle between the open apps on my PC. When I go to uninstall it, I find...
  10. How do I disable handwriting keyboard pop up?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable handwriting keyboard pop up?: I'm a tablet user and there's this keyboard that pops up whenever I try to search something and it's driving me nuts. I couldn't disable it even in the Touch Keyboard & Handwriting Panel Services. It says that it's still running even though I picked the "disable" option. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms-gaming overlay popping up

2. how do i get my key board to pop up

3. You need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay

4. gaomon driver keyboard pop ups,
  5. win 10 gaming overlay,
  6. Can you open the pop up keyboard,
  7. ms-gamingoverlay disable