Windows 10: How do I get the remaining days left for the Maximum password age to expire?

Discus and support How do I get the remaining days left for the Maximum password age to expire? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I need it for monitoring and informing the users their Maximum password age's remaining days. Suppose you have: Date the Group Policy last edited: 1... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jess Gocotano, Nov 10, 2019.

1. How do I get the remaining days left for the Maximum password age to expire?

I need it for monitoring and informing the users their Maximum password age's remaining days.

Suppose you have:

Date the Group Policy last edited: 1 day ago

Maximum password age: 3 days

How do get two days remaining?

:)

Jess Gocotano, Nov 10, 2019

2. Asking to change password every time the computer wakes up from Sleep

Hello Raj,

Password expiration is a feature in Windows that forces a local account on the PC to change their passwords when a specified maximum (42 days by default) and minimum ( 0 days by default) password age has been reached. Follow the steps provided below to disable
    password expiration:

• Press Windows key + X > Go to Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type wmic UserAccount set PasswordExpires=False > Hit
      Enter
    • Close the window and check if the error still appears.

Note: Replace UserAccount with the actual user name of the
    local account
    that you want to disable the password expiration.

Keep us updated with the result.

Regile Reb, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Accessing Password Policy in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to set Password policy. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what happened when you try to change the policy. Did you get any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

You must log in as administrator to access these settings.

• Press Windows key + R and type secpol.msc
      and press enter.

• The Local Security Policy window will open. Now from the left pane, choose
      Password Policy from under Account Policies.

• On the right side, choose Maximum password age.

• If you wish the password to never Expire, set the value to
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 10, 2019
  4. How do I get the remaining days left for the Maximum password age to expire?

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

How do I get the remaining days left for the Maximum password age to expire?

1. How do I get the remaining days left for the Maximum password age to expire? - Similar Threads - remaining days left

2. How do I disable password expiration in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable password expiration in windows 11?: I cannot disable password expiration in windows 11 home from computer management, control panel, setting, or powershell. It is not enabled on my microsoft account and I have never encountered this before now except on my school computer.Thank you...
  3. How do I disable password expiration in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable password expiration in windows 11?: I cannot disable password expiration in windows 11 home from computer management, control panel, setting, or powershell. It is not enabled on my microsoft account and I have never encountered this before now except on my school computer.Thank you...
  4. My password expired and I forgot what it was how do I get onto my computer

My password expired and I forgot what it was how do I get onto my computer: Hi, I forgot if I had ever set a password for my desktop but for the last few months after installing windows I haven’t had to put in a password. Out of no where my computer says my password expired and is asking for my password to create a new one. I have no idea what that...
  5. How do I reset an expired Windows 10 password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset an expired Windows 10 password?: I've got the old password but keep getting a message "Your password has expired and must be changed" and when I try and reset the password, does not matter what I enter, message is password does not match, so I can't log in to the laptop. Help!...
  6. How do I reset an expired Windows 10 password?

How do I reset an expired Windows 10 password?: I've got the old password but keep getting a message "Your password has expired and must be changed" and when I try and reset the password, does not matter what I enter, message is password does not match, so I can't log in to the laptop. Help!...
  7. How do I reset an expired Windows 10 password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Password expires before password age

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password expires before password age: I'm facing with issue that user password expires randomly before password age. I checked the policy and did not found any changed or wrong setting with password age. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. Password expires despite unlimited password age

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password expires despite unlimited password age: Hi, Windows 10 Home is asking me to change the password for my local account. It is also enforcing complexity rules and remembering past passwords. As far as I can see it should not be doing so. I have noticed that something is resetting PasswordExpires=TRUE. I can reset...
  10. I get the message "Your password will expire in 5 days" on my computer - what is this?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I get the message "Your password will expire in 5 days" on my computer - what is this?: I do not have a password to log in, what is this message ? [ATTACH] Bekomme am Pc die Meldung „ Ihr Kennwort läuft in 5 Tagen ab“ was ist das?