Windows 10: How do I get the search window back in the taskbar?

Discus and support How do I get the search window back in the taskbar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All of a sudden there's just a huge space between the Microsoft icon and the Cortana icon - there used to be a search window there for apps/programs in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrendaCrawshaw, Oct 14, 2019.

1. How do I get the search window back in the taskbar?

All of a sudden there's just a huge space between the Microsoft icon and the Cortana icon - there used to be a search window there for apps/programs in my system. It's gone and I do need it. Thoughts?

:)

BrendaCrawshaw, Oct 14, 2019
  2. I_askYou Win User

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Taskbar search

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly send us a screenshot and provide more details by answering the following questions:

• When you say "taskbar search function", do you mean the Start menu search field?
    • Are you getting any error messages upon accessing the taskbar search?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the System file checker and DISM tool to fix issues with corrupted system files that may be causing the issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type or copy these commands followed by hitting Enter:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Oct 14, 2019
  4. How do I get the search window back in the taskbar?

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

Hi Jos,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in taskbar settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to show search bar in the taskbar and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Search.

3. Select Search box from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit finding Search box in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

How do I get the search window back in the taskbar?

1. How do I get the search window back in the taskbar? - Similar Threads - search window taskbar

2. how do I get back my windows taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I get back my windows taskbar: how do I get back my windows taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-back-my-windows-taskbar/78719f40-8268-4108-80b4-2fc818ec9c90
  3. how do I get back my windows taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I get back my windows taskbar: how do I get back my windows taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-back-my-windows-taskbar/78719f40-8268-4108-80b4-2fc818ec9c90
  4. New desktop search bar, how do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New desktop search bar, how do I get it back?: Hi, Today I opened my laptop to see a floating searchbar on my desktop.Without really considering it I disabled it at startup and closed the program, the issue is that I'm now curious about it and can't seem to find a setting to enable it or app to execute it, I remember it...
  5. New desktop search bar, how do I get it back?

New desktop search bar, how do I get it back?: Hi, Today I opened my laptop to see a floating searchbar on my desktop.Without really considering it I disabled it at startup and closed the program, the issue is that I'm now curious about it and can't seem to find a setting to enable it or app to execute it, I remember it...
  6. How do I get the weather back on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the weather back on the taskbar?: After a windows 11 update, instead of my weather showing on the left side of the taskbar, the widget icon is showing. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-weather-back-on-the-taskbar/3c3e8ad1-9760-4f35-86e7-db664ac6591a
  7. How do I get the weather back on the taskbar?

How do I get the weather back on the taskbar?: After a windows 11 update, instead of my weather showing on the left side of the taskbar, the widget icon is showing. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-weather-back-on-the-taskbar/3c3e8ad1-9760-4f35-86e7-db664ac6591a
  8. How to change Search bar back in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Search bar back in taskbar?: So, I'm not sure if it's because of a new update, but my search icon is now much bigger. Instead of just a magnifying glass, it's a magnifying glass along with the word "Search" next to it. It takes up a lot more space and feels really redundant. How can I change it back?...
  9. How to change Search bar back in taskbar?

How to change Search bar back in taskbar?: So, I'm not sure if it's because of a new update, but my search icon is now much bigger. Instead of just a magnifying glass, it's a magnifying glass along with the word "Search" next to it. It takes up a lot more space and feels really redundant. How can I change it back?...
  10. How do I get internet search back in the task bar search?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get internet search back in the task bar search?: It seems to have completely disappeared. I use it quite often, and would like to know what setting I'm not seeing. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-internet-search-back-in-the-task-bar/33e22c3f-6afa-46b9-83cc-1632484393c0