Windows 10: how do i get the show desktop button back on the taskbar windows 10

Discus and support how do i get the show desktop button back on the taskbar windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I get the button back on the taskbar that when clicked minimizes all windows? I've searched and searched but can't find an answer anywhere. It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoeKidd243, Dec 31, 2019.

1. how do i get the show desktop button back on the taskbar windows 10

How do I get the button back on the taskbar that when clicked minimizes all windows? I've searched and searched but can't find an answer anywhere. It's not in any of the settings that I can find. I can right click on the taskbar and find it there, but I can find no way to place it on the taskbar like it USED to be in windows. I can't right click on the text link after right clicking on the taskbar to get that menu and get a dialog to pin it to the taskbar because it immediately minimizes all the windows and closes the menu. I want this feature back. It's silly for microsoft to remove it or hide it so that it can't be found.

:)

JoeKidd243, Dec 31, 2019
  2. Ian Ser Win User

cannot find option to pin a Show Desktop button to taskbar

Hi Sherry,

There is a button besides the notification are in the taskbar that when clicked, you are directed to the desktop. Also, there are other ways on how you can access the desktop. Here are some:

• Press Windows key + D on your keyboard.
    • Right-click on the taskbar and click Show the desktop.

You can also access all the files, shortcuts, programs that you have in the desktop from the Toolbars in the taskbar. Here's how you can enable the feature:

• Right-click on the taskbar and click Toolbars.
    • Click Desktop.
    • A Desktop label would show on the left side of the notification area and to see the desktop items, click the arrow.

Let us know if there's anything else you need.

Ian Ser, Dec 31, 2019
  3. DEMACLIO Win User
    Taskbar is not showing icons and windows button is not working

Hello all,

Just as the title says, my taskbar is not working properly. Nothing is showing up on it, the Windows button does nothing, although I am able to right click the taskbar and Windows button.

I have tried restarting Windows Explorer through the task manager, but then I can't right click the taskbar anymore and my desktop is nothing but my personal colour.

Here is a list of posts from other websites I have tried:

Windows 10 Taskbar Not Working? 6 Fast Fixes

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/taskbar-not-working-in-windows-10

Taskbar/Start button not working! - Windows 10 Help Forums

FIX !!!! Windows 10 taskbar not working FIX!!!! Build 10074

home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/computing/has-your-windows-10-start-menu-stopped-working-here-are-four-ways-to-fix-it-11364000314532

Any and all help is appreciated, thank you

DEMACLIO, Dec 31, 2019
  4. how do i get the show desktop button back on the taskbar windows 10

Buggy taskbar Windows 10/ twitchy show desktop/ peek button.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let’s turn off the Peek option and check. Follow the below step.

• Right click on the Windows task bar and click on Properties.

• Uncheck the option Use Peek to preview the desktop when you move your mouse to the Sow desktop button at the end of the taskbar.

• Now click on Apply and click on
      OK.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

how do i get the show desktop button back on the taskbar windows 10

1. how do i get the show desktop button back on the taskbar windows 10 - Similar Threads - show desktop button

2. How do I get the weather back on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get the weather back on the taskbar?: After a windows 11 update, instead of my weather showing on the left side of the taskbar, the widget icon is showing. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-weather-back-on-the-taskbar/3c3e8ad1-9760-4f35-86e7-db664ac6591a
  3. How do I EASILY put a button on my taskbar that shows desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I EASILY put a button on my taskbar that shows desktop?: Without having to jump through a million flaming hoops, HOW DO I ADD A DESKTOP ICON TO MY TASKBAR IN LATEST WINDOWS 10 ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-easily-put-a-button-on-my-taskbar-that/a68572ff-6cee-4eb9-aaeb-7c739d83453a
  4. How do I EASILY put a button on my taskbar that shows desktop?

How do I EASILY put a button on my taskbar that shows desktop?: Without having to jump through a million flaming hoops, HOW DO I ADD A DESKTOP ICON TO MY TASKBAR IN LATEST WINDOWS 10 ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-easily-put-a-button-on-my-taskbar-that/a68572ff-6cee-4eb9-aaeb-7c739d83453a
  5. How do I EASILY put a button on my taskbar that shows desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. restore taskbar desktop list button, not the show desktop button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restore taskbar desktop list button, not the show desktop button: So far, I like 11 with one exception. I like a clean desktop and, in the past, have hidden desktop icons and used a button on the taskbar that showed a list of them. I would then click on the one I wanted. Very clean and neat. That button seems to be gone. I am not referring...
  7. restore taskbar desktop list button, not the show desktop button

restore taskbar desktop list button, not the show desktop button: So far, I like 11 with one exception. I like a clean desktop and, in the past, have hidden desktop icons and used a button on the taskbar that showed a list of them. I would then click on the one I wanted. Very clean and neat. That button seems to be gone. I am not referring...
  8. Show Desktop button in taskbar

Show Desktop button in taskbar: All of my Windows computers have had a "show desktop" button in the taskbar but my Windows 10 computer does not. Can anyone tell me how to put one there? Many thanks for your help. Peter E. Dietz...
  9. How do I get the classic desktop back on Windows 10?

How do I get the classic desktop back on Windows 10?: I understand some may prefer the default Windows 10 interface. Fine. But why take away what so many of us prefer? I just got a new laptop; it has Windows 10 and I absolutely hate it because, for me, it is so counter-intuitive and confusing. Is this a conscious decision by...
  10. How to remove Windows 10 taskbar/show desktop button?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove Windows 10 taskbar/show desktop button?: Hi there. I need 1 of the 2 things found if possible for Windows 10 only. Either to remove the show desktop button (which I have no use for at all) at boot up, NOT startup, or remove taskbar at boot up, but still have access to the Windows key for the start menu. I have...