Windows 10: How do I get the sleep slideshow to stop?

Discus and support How do I get the sleep slideshow to stop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; ok so basically. There's this feature on my laptop that shows pictures in my picture library that occurs every couple minutes. I have disabled sleep,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TlT4N, Oct 15, 2019.

1. TlT4N Win User

How do I get the sleep slideshow to stop?

ok so basically. There's this feature on my laptop that shows pictures in my picture library that occurs every couple minutes. I have disabled sleep, but it still occurs. I'm not comfortable with these pictures being shown and I'd like to disable it, but I'm not sure how. Please help.

:)

TlT4N, Oct 15, 2019

2. Photos slideshow

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable view the photos in slideshow as it repeats after few photos and need to know “How can I change this to show a continuous and non-repeating slideshow?”. We will help you to
    resolve this issue.

Please let us know,

• Where does the photos folder located?

• Did you try to change the folder location and check?

I suggest you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: If the photos folder is located on the desktop, try to create another folder and copy all the content to the newly created folder and add this folder for slideshow and check.

Step 2: Try to create new folder if different location and copy all the content to the newly created folder in different location and add this folder for slideshow and check.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Liezl Fal Win User
    Slideshow stop working on window 10

Let's troubleshoot things further by doing the following steps then see how it goes.

• Right click on your desktop and choose Personalize.
    • Choose Background and choose Slideshow.
    • Choose the correct album for your slideshow.
    • Choose 1 minute.
    • Choose On for Shuffle.
    • Save Settings.
    We will wait for your updates.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Oct 15, 2019
  4. How do I get the sleep slideshow to stop?

Slideshow pictures during sleep mode showing sideways or upside down

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the slideshow, while the PC is in sleep mode. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would like to know the Windows 10 version and Build installed. (Type
    winver in Windows search/Run command)

However, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

1. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard, to open
      Settings.
    2. Select Personalization. Then click
      Background from the left pane.
    3. Select Stretch from the drop down under
      Choose a fit option.
    4. Again open the Personalization window. Then click
      Lock screen from the left pane.
    5. Click on Advance slideshow settings. Then toggle the switch for “Only use pictures that fit my screen”.
    6. Put the PC in sleep and then check.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

How do I get the sleep slideshow to stop?

1. How do I get the sleep slideshow to stop? - Similar Threads - sleep slideshow stop

2. How do I get this to stop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get this to stop?: I've been noticing for the past few months my pc has been goin on about my boot media, I go into BIOS and notice that it switches the boot manager to hard disk and it doesn't let me switch it back, I don't have the money to buy a new PC and I've looked everywhere and just can...
  3. How do I get this to stop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get this to stop?: I've been noticing for the past few months my pc has been goin on about my boot media, I go into BIOS and notice that it switches the boot manager to hard disk and it doesn't let me switch it back, I don't have the money to buy a new PC and I've looked everywhere and just can...
  4. How do i remove slideshow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove slideshow?: So I have recently downloaded slideshow folder "Pride 2020 Flags" from the Microsoft store , and I want to delete the slideshow folder now Because I have Windows 11 but the wallpapers is Windows 10 . How do I do that?...
  5. How do i remove slideshow?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i remove slideshow?: So I have recently downloaded slideshow folder "Pride 2020 Flags" from the Microsoft store , and I want to delete the slideshow folder now Because I have Windows 11 but the wallpapers is Windows 10 . How do I do that?...
  6. when computer goes to sleep, how do I get pictures to show as a slideshow?

in Windows 10 Customization
    when computer goes to sleep, how do I get pictures to show as a slideshow?: how do I get pictures to run as a slideshow when computer sleeps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-computer-goes-to-sleep-how-do-i-get-pictures/43d8ef06-848f-41a5-b96b-592e2b18d2fa
  7. How to get images full screen in slideshow sleep mode?

How to get images full screen in slideshow sleep mode?: Hi, I put a slideshow on when the computer goes into sleep mode but the images are not covering the whole screen. I know the images are big enough it's not a size issue they are way bigger than the actual monitor resolution and I have no problems setting them as background...
  8. How to stop Desktop Background Slideshow in sleep mode in Windows 10?

How to stop Desktop Background Slideshow in sleep mode in Windows 10?: I've paused slideshow both "On Battery" & "Plugged in". The slideshow remains paused every time. However, when it wakes from sleep mode, the next picture of the slideshow is set & remains paused until next sleep. This means that slideshow is running in the Sleep Mode also....
  9. How do I stop getting responses?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I stop getting responses?: I posted question a while back. How do I stop getting responses to that question? Instructions say to use the ellipsis by the title of the topic [ ...] but it doesn't exist on my screen, which is Windows 10 Insider version on a desktop PC, using either Edge or IE. There...
  10. Windows 10 - how do I get the slideshow feature to work?

Windows 10 - how do I get the slideshow feature to work?: I have photos (all .jpeg) in the This pc > pictures folder - that is set for the slideshow, but it only shows the 1st picture, even if set to 1 minute...