Windows 10: How do I get the switch users feature back?

Discus and support How do I get the switch users feature back? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm on windows 10 and after an update or something the ability to switch users has gone away. I have tried all the recommended gpedit.msc and registry... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jaydgus, Apr 15, 2023.

1. jaydgus Win User

How do I get the switch users feature back?

I'm on windows 10 and after an update or something the ability to switch users has gone away. I have tried all the recommended gpedit.msc and registry hacks and cannot get the functionality back.

:)

jaydgus, Apr 15, 2023

2. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Apr 15, 2023
  3. Switch user at startup

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you cannot see the switch user option after the upgrade I will make sure to help you with this issue.

First I suggest you to reboot the system and check if see the switch user option.

If you still don’t see the option then I would suggest you to perform the below step and check if you can see switch user option.

On the login screen press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and check if you can see the switch user option.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Mohammed Yaseer, Apr 15, 2023
  4. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Apr 15, 2023
Thema:

1. How do I get the switch users feature back? - Similar Threads - switch users feature

2. How do i bring a feature back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i bring a feature back: Somedays ago I reinstalled windows due to windows boot failure anyways in my previous windows version which was 21h2 i used to get very good pictures of my lockscreen and there used to info about the place and on the new version i have 22h2 the picture quality aint so good...
  3. How do i bring a feature back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i bring a feature back: Somedays ago I reinstalled windows due to windows boot failure anyways in my previous windows version which was 21h2 i used to get very good pictures of my lockscreen and there used to info about the place and on the new version i have 22h2 the picture quality aint so good...
  4. How do i bring a feature back

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I get the switch users feature back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the switch users feature back?: I'm on windows 10 and after an update or something the ability to switch users has gone away. I have tried all the recommended gpedit.msc and registry hacks and cannot get the functionality back....
  6. How do I get the switch users feature back?

How do I get the switch users feature back?: I'm on windows 10 and after an update or something the ability to switch users has gone away. I have tried all the recommended gpedit.msc and registry hacks and cannot get the functionality back....
  7. How do I switch back to Windows 10?

How do I switch back to Windows 10?: Not happy with Windows 11. How do I switch back to Windows 10, without loosing inportant files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-back-to-windows-10/eb0bc560-45e8-4096-9243-294fdf577027
  8. how do I switch back to windows 10

how do I switch back to windows 10: I would rather use windows 10 than windows 11 sound issues,don't like the UI among other things so how would I downgrade my PC to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-back-to-windows-10/9468a5f0-b05c-4ea3-b241-386d7bc7bc73
  9. How do I switch Users?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I switch Users?: How do I switch users? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-users/40140ef2-c9a9-460b-8f3a-771894e08f4a
  10. How do I get the little box to switch screens back

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get the little box to switch screens back: When I start my computer my old icons come up not my new windows 10 apps. Can someone walk me through how to get it back. I am talking about the little box where search would be on your taskbar and you can switch back and forth. I am getting frustrated because I cant figure...