Windows 10: How do I get the Xbox accessories app to show battery level on an Xbox wireless controller

Discus and support How do I get the Xbox accessories app to show battery level on an Xbox wireless controller in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have am Xbox one X wireless controller connected to my PC via Bluetooth. I have had the battery die at the most inconvenient times when playing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bruceneo, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Bruceneo Win User

How do I get the Xbox accessories app to show battery level on an Xbox wireless controller

I have am Xbox one X wireless controller connected to my PC via Bluetooth. I have had the battery die at the most inconvenient times when playing games. I have been trying the Xbox accessories app in the app store but it will not work correctly for me. When I start the app it says to connect the controller via a USB cable to configure it. I do that and everything seems fine, also note that while connected via USB the app will not give me a battery level. After configuring it I have to re-add it in the devices section to connect via Bluetooth. But as soon as I connect it via Bluetooth the app will not give me any info on the controller other than it is connected, and it asks to be reconnected to configure the controller. So how do I get this to work so I can see the battery level of my controller while connected wirelessly?

:)

Bruceneo, Sep 2, 2019

2. Elite controller is not recognized by Xbox accessories app

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues with connecting your Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10. It is possible that the current Windows Update version installed on your computer is incompatible with the latest driver update of the controller.
    To resolve your concern, we recommend that you install all the critical and important Windows Updates by following the steps on this

link

We also recommend that you update the controller using the Xbox Accessories App by following the steps on this

link
    . If the issue persists, visit
    Xbox One Wireless Controller disconnects or can't connect
    and perform the suggested solutions to resolve your concern.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Globespy Win User
    Can we please have a simple taskbar option to show Xbox Controller Battery Level?

I know that I can see my controller's battery level on the xbox accessories app, but can't quite understand that after going to the trouble of designing and selling a specific wireless controller adapter and an app for the xbox controller, it wasn't felt
    important to add such a simple feature like battery level/low battery warning?

It just seems.....well, lazy and stupid.

At the very least, just properly implement your own hardware!!

Hoping someone from this department in Microsoft reads this and adds to a feature suggestion box.

Thanks.

Globespy, Sep 2, 2019
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

How do I get the Xbox accessories app to show battery level on an Xbox wireless controller

Xbox One Controller Wireless PC Adapter help.

Source: Connect Xbox One Controller to Windows PC | Xbox One Accessories

In this situation, these two links might be helpful to you:

Thema:

1. How do I get the Xbox accessories app to show battery level on an Xbox wireless controller - Similar Threads - Xbox accessories app

2. No options at all for Xbox Accessories App with any controller - Not showing - Not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No options at all for Xbox Accessories App with any controller - Not showing - Not working: Hello. Attached are photos of what I am referring too. I can't change anything. There are no options to customize/edit the controller. What am I doing wrong? What can I check?...
  3. No options at all for Xbox Accessories App with any controller - Not showing - Not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No options at all for Xbox Accessories App with any controller - Not showing - Not working: Hello. Attached are photos of what I am referring too. I can't change anything. There are no options to customize/edit the controller. What am I doing wrong? What can I check?...
  4. Xbox Controller not showing up on Xbox Accessories app when plugged in via USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller not showing up on Xbox Accessories app when plugged in via USB: I have a new Xbox Series x controller I'm trying to use on my Windows 11 PC. I've been using the bluetooth connection but it's dropping every few mins mid-game. I read that I may need to update the firmware using the Xbox Accessories App. When I install the app and connect...
  5. Xbox Controller not showing up on Xbox Accessories app when plugged in via USB

Xbox Controller not showing up on Xbox Accessories app when plugged in via USB: I have a new Xbox Series x controller I'm trying to use on my Windows 11 PC. I've been using the bluetooth connection but it's dropping every few mins mid-game. I read that I may need to update the firmware using the Xbox Accessories App. When I install the app and connect...
  6. Why can't I configure my Xbox wireless headset on the Xbox accessories app?

Why can't I configure my Xbox wireless headset on the Xbox accessories app?: The Xbox Accessories app does detect my headset, I can use it with my wireless adapter, and it works perfectly fine, but I wanna configure and customize the settings. When I click configure, it won't do anything and at the bottom, it says I need to update my windows to the...
  7. Prolbme with Xbox one controller/xbox accessories app on win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prolbme with Xbox one controller/xbox accessories app on win 10: Hi everyone, I'm having some issues getting an xbox one controller and the xbox accessories app working correctly with my windows 10 pc. It's a brand new system with a fresh install of windows soI'm a bit puzzled. The controller is connected via bluetooth and the basic...
  8. Xbox Elite controller is not recognized in Xbox accessories app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Elite controller is not recognized in Xbox accessories app: I just spent four hours trying to get my new XBOX ELITE 2 CONTROLLER to be recognized by the WINDOWS 10 XBOX ACCESSORIES APP and it refuses. The computer recognizes the controller but the XBOX ACCESSORIES APP does not. A thread from last year on the same topic was closed...
  9. xbox accessories not recognizing my xbox controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox accessories not recognizing my xbox controller: hi my xbox accessories is not recognizing my xbox one controller. I have it plugged into a usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-accessories-not-recognizing-my-xbox/5fc4dde4-1717-423a-96dd-def113fa63af
  10. Xbox accessories app doesn't show text.

Xbox accessories app doesn't show text.: Right after I boot the app the text is fine, but the text would went classified style if I point my mouse to any button.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-accessories-app-doesnt-show-text/c2710552-8c91-4a95-b305-b6a1e0264d25