Windows 10: How do I get This PC and One Drive on same File Explorer display

Discus and support How do I get This PC and One Drive on same File Explorer display in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why is "This PC" not a file folder and OneDrive is? I am trying to have This PC and One Drive on same File Explorer dislay.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LeandroBriones, Sep 23, 2020.

1. How do I get This PC and One Drive on same File Explorer display

Why is "This PC" not a file folder and OneDrive is?

I am trying to have This PC and One Drive on same File Explorer dislay.

:)

LeandroBriones, Sep 23, 2020

2. I have just updated my PC's to windows 10

Hi Hugh,

In your first PC, you have mentioned that your disc drive is not recognized in File Explorer but is displayed in the Device Manager. This could occur if a drive letter is not assigned to the CD/DVD drive. I would suggest you to try assigning a drive letter
    to the disc drive and then check if it is displayed in the File Explorer. Press Windows key + X, click on 'Disk management' and then check if the disk drive is listed. If it is listed without a drive letter, right click on the drive and select 'Change drive
    letter and paths'. Click on 'Add' and then assign a drive letter that is not assigned for any other drives. Now, open File Explorer and check if the drive is listed.

In your second PC, you have mentioned that there is no sound. In this case, I would suggest you to try the steps suggested in this article and check:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Sep 23, 2020
  3. File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

The File Explorer in Windows 10, shows the Frequent folders list and Recent files list by default. You can view the drives by clicking on This PC tab on the left site of the File Explorer. But if you wish the File Explorer
    to open This PC showing drives list by default, then follow these steps:

1. In Windows 10, open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.

2. In the View tab, find and click on Options, listed by default on the far right side of the ribbon.

3. In the Folder Options window, make sure you’re on the General tab and then find the drop-down box labeled Open File Explorer To. Click the drop-down menu and select This PC. Click OK to
    save your changes and close the window. Now your File Explorer opens to Drives list by default.

Hope this helps!

JohnCalton, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

How do I get This PC and One Drive on same File Explorer display

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

How do I get This PC and One Drive on same File Explorer display

1. How do I get This PC and One Drive on same File Explorer display - Similar Threads - Drive same File

2. How do I disable One Drive notification in File explorer route bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable One Drive notification in File explorer route bar?: How can I disable te Onedrive back up notification in the file explorer in Windows 11. I've already disabled notifications and the backup of my files. I don't want to backup the files I had in my computer since I don't need it, but the message is quite annoying since it uses...
  3. How do I disable One Drive notification in File explorer route bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable One Drive notification in File explorer route bar?: How can I disable te Onedrive back up notification in the file explorer in Windows 11. I've already disabled notifications and the backup of my files. I don't want to backup the files I had in my computer since I don't need it, but the message is quite annoying since it uses...
  4. How do I get files OFF one drive and back to my PC?

How do I get files OFF one drive and back to my PC?: I have 5GB of files and pics from my computer on One Drive and want to get them back onto my PC. How the ""BLEEPING BLEEP"" do I do that. I don't want anything on One Drive. I can't use Hotmail now because all the space is used for those files, and I am NOT going to pay for...
  5. How do I get files OFF one drive and back to my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get files OFF one drive and back to my PC?: I have 5GB of files and pics from my computer on One Drive and want to get them back onto my PC. How the ""BLEEPING BLEEP"" do I do that. I don't want anything on One Drive. I can't use Hotmail now because all the space is used for those files, and I am NOT going to pay for...
  6. HOW THE **** DO I GET MY **** FILES BACK FROM ONE DRIVE!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW THE **** DO I GET MY **** FILES BACK FROM ONE DRIVE!: **** ONE DRIVE STOLE ALL MY **** FILES AND I CANT ACCESS THEM AND DONT KNOW HOW TO **** GET THEM BACK ON MY PC, I NEVER **** AGREED TO USE ONE DRIVE AND **** HATE THAT USELESS **** MICROSOFT CREATED ALSO, WHY THE **** DOES IT **** TAKE YOUR FILES AND SAVE THEM ON ONE DRIVE/...
  7. HOW THE **** DO I GET MY **** FILES BACK FROM ONE DRIVE!

HOW THE **** DO I GET MY **** FILES BACK FROM ONE DRIVE!: **** ONE DRIVE STOLE ALL MY **** FILES AND I CANT ACCESS THEM AND DONT KNOW HOW TO **** GET THEM BACK ON MY PC, I NEVER **** AGREED TO USE ONE DRIVE AND **** HATE THAT USELESS **** MICROSOFT CREATED ALSO, WHY THE **** DOES IT **** TAKE YOUR FILES AND SAVE THEM ON ONE DRIVE/...
  8. how do I get the original file date to display in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I get the original file date to display in file explorer?: under my Win 10 version of File Explorer, the Modified Date appears as the time column. How can I change this to the date the file was created?...
  9. How do I get rid of One Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get rid of One Drive?: I do not have multiple devices, so I don't need to access files from the cloud. I just bought a new computer and in downloading my backed up files from Carbonite I can't seem to get them to go to the folders on my computer, they keep going to One Drive and then I can't locate...
  10. How do I open multiple files on File Explorer at the same time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I open multiple files on File Explorer at the same time?: For some reason whenever I select multiple files, for example 2 videos, only one video gets opened. I was wondering if there was a way for me to do this. submitted by /u/Killjoy3879 [link] [comments]...