Windows 10: How do I get to The Edge Properties?

Discus and support How do I get to The Edge Properties? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I used to use Windows 7 and I could just right click on my internet explorer (or any browser for that matter) and then I could select properties. If I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Alucard8, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Alucard8 Win User

How do I get to The Edge Properties?

I used to use Windows 7 and I could just right click on my internet explorer (or any browser for that matter) and then I could select properties. If I do that in Windows 10 all I see is "unpin from Taskbar". How can I get to the properties?

Thanks,

:)

Alucard8, Feb 29, 2016
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Feb 29, 2016
  3. How do I get Edge browser to fit to screen

Hi Tina,

If you want to decrease the Webpage by 75 % in Microsoft Edge, follow these steps.

• Open Microsoft Edge, if you have a default webpage loaded,
    • Click More actions
      How do I get to The Edge Properties? [​IMG]
      >
      Settings. at the top right corner and press the - sign to decrease the browser.

Regarding

if the webpage shown is bigger than the screen, then you will get the slide bar at the bottom.

Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Feb 29, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

If you're speaking of accessing Edge Properties, the only thing you have access to in Edge is Options in the ••• menu, top right.
    Edge doesn't have "Properties" in the classic sense of the word as it's a Universal App.

Edwin, Feb 29, 2016
  5. Alucard8 Win User
    Hmm, I need to change the 'target'. A virus hijacked the browsers and changed the target to go to a search engine instead of my homepage. I changed the target in Chrome, but the edge has me baffled...

Alucard8, Feb 29, 2016
  6. snoopy51 Win User
    snoopy51, Feb 29, 2016
  7. Alucard8 Win User
    I looked through the tutorial... can I not get to here:

Do I have to do a registry edit for this? Seems crazy to me...

Alucard8, Feb 29, 2016
  8. snoopy51 Win User

What you ask about Microsoft Edge and what you display is Internet Explorer Property! They are two different animals!

The tutorial is on Edge!

snoopy51, Feb 29, 2016
  9. Alucard8 Win User
    I know... I'm showing you where I want to get to in the edge for clarification.

Alucard8, Feb 29, 2016
  10. snoopy51 Win User
    Edwin commented in post #2! That is why you need the Reg Edit!

snoopy51, Feb 29, 2016
  11. Edwin New Member
    The Target for Edge is: shell:appsfolder-MicrosoftEdge
    it can't be edited, it's an app that opens in it's own runtime environment much like an Android app,
    it's not 'targetable' as in the Win32 platform.

Edwin, Mar 1, 2016
  12. Alucard8 Win User
    Interesting. Thank you for the answer! However, not entirely sure how a browser hijacked this and changed the page. I reset the edge but no luck.

In the past the virus would modify the target so it would redirect you, since it can't do that, not sure how to change it to my actual home page.

Alucard8, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I get to The Edge Properties? - Similar Threads - Edge Properties

2. Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge: I am trying to create a new account in MS EDGE and it prompts me: "Because you're accessing sensitive info, we'll send a code to <MyEmailAddress> to verify your identity".I click on the "Send code" button.I enter the code and click on the "Sign in" button.After this the same...
  3. Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge: I am trying to create a new account in MS EDGE and it prompts me: "Because you're accessing sensitive info, we'll send a code to <MyEmailAddress> to verify your identity".I click on the "Send code" button.I enter the code and click on the "Sign in" button.After this the same...
  4. Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...: Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have set as default? I have also tried setting the links to the alternative browser but still, it opens Edge browser....
  6. Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...

Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...: Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have set as default? I have also tried setting the links to the alternative browser but still, it opens Edge browser....
  7. Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...

Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...: I just want my startup browser to be google not the microsoft edge browser nor Bing. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-just-have-a-google-browser-for-my-own-search/4a7d21a3-2bf0-445e-afdc-c1eaff62322a
  8. In my Microsoft edge properties I have noticed a strange number in Group or User Names

In my Microsoft edge properties I have noticed a strange number in Group or User Names: Can anyone explain what this number is that has appeared in my Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge Group or User Names Account Unknown S-1-5-21-3095462819-575819195-1738335527-1000I've been having issues with internet browsers not loading but when they do I get a white screen...
  9. In my Microsoft edge properties I have noticed a strange number in Group or User Names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In my Microsoft edge properties I have noticed a strange number in Group or User Names: Can anyone explain what this number is that has appeared in my Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge Group or User Names Account Unknown S-1-5-21-3095462819-575819195-1738335527-1000I've been having issues with internet browsers not loading but when they do I get a white screen...
  10. Introducing Global CSS Property Usage on Microsoft Edge Dev

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Global CSS Property Usage on Microsoft Edge Dev: We spend a lot of time talking to other browser vendors, standards bodies, partners, and web developers, and they often ask what shapes our thinking when we plan for a release. The short answer is, data! We’re motivated by interoperability―the principle that the web should...