Windows 10: How do I get VLC to play an MP4 snip created by my NVR security system

Discus and support How do I get VLC to play an MP4 snip created by my NVR security system in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can go to the camera interface thru a web browser and take a snip of recorded motion video. It saves it to my PC. When I go to play it within the VLC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alicia J, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Alicia J Win User

How do I get VLC to play an MP4 snip created by my NVR security system

I can go to the camera interface thru a web browser and take a snip of recorded motion video. It saves it to my PC. When I go to play it within the VLC player, it won't run. I'm pretty sure I have to adjust settings in the VLC player, but what settings?

:)

Alicia J, Feb 24, 2019

2. Windows 10 MP4 No Sound

I have a set of MP4 videos (created using OBS Studio to create FLV files, and VLC to convert from FLV to MP4).

Playing the MP4 videos in VLC works fine. Playing the videos with Photos or Movies & TV plays the video, but with no sound. I've confirmed that the app's audio is not muted, and the files work okay in VLC.

I've tried downloading and installing the
    K-Lite codec pack
    and restarting my computer, but the videos remain silent in my Windows video applications.

My end goal is to edit these files into a longer video. I gather that the recommended way to do that is using the Photos application. So if there's a better way to edit video on Windows, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks for any help anybody can offer.

KevinWorkman, Feb 24, 2019
  3. slance310 Win User
    MP4 will not play in Windows 10.

Hi,

Go to the Windows Store and search for MPEG2 Video Extension...

It is a free app from Microsoft to add MPEG2 to WMP 12 and Movies and TV...

It also makes playing a MP4 possible as well...

There is also the possibility that there is a problem with the MP4 file you are trying to play... There are variations of that file format...

BTW... If VLC won't play the file, there is something not right with the file...

Did you download VLC as an App from the Store, or directly from
    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

slance310, Feb 24, 2019
  4. User Win User

Playing all files in a folder in VLC?

I want to watch all files in a folder with multiple mp4s using VLC Media Player. When I right-click on a folder there are two options:

play with vlc media player

add to VLC media player's Playlist

What is the difference between these two options?

Thema:

1. How do I get VLC to play an MP4 snip created by my NVR security system - Similar Threads - VLC play MP4

2. how do i get cd to play on my pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i get cd to play on my pc?: How do I get cd to play on my lap top? Inserted disk but nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-cd-to-play-on-my-pc/4a509ee9-c12d-4df3-af56-a1e65589d1d0
  3. How do I get a VLC player on my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get a VLC player on my PC?: have a new Liteon 8x external DVD/CD writer and would like to see a video on disc that I have. What do I have to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-a-vlc-player-on-my-pc/a71986f5-f1b9-4177-a8e8-307260663984
  4. How do I get a VLC player on my PC?

How do I get a VLC player on my PC?: have a new Liteon 8x external DVD/CD writer and would like to see a video on disc that I have. What do I have to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-a-vlc-player-on-my-pc/a71986f5-f1b9-4177-a8e8-307260663984
  5. How do I get my system to respond?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my system to respond?: For the last 6 hours my screen has been showing "You're 100% there. Please keep your computer on." Windows 11 Pro on Dell XPS 157590 laptop and Dell S3221QS monitor as primary screen....
  6. How do I get my system to respond?

How do I get my system to respond?: For the last 6 hours my screen has been showing "You're 100% there. Please keep your computer on." Windows 11 Pro on Dell XPS 157590 laptop and Dell S3221QS monitor as primary screen....
  7. How do I get gifs to save as a gif file and not an mp4?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get gifs to save as a gif file and not an mp4?: Whenever I go to save a gif the only choice in have is to save it as a .mp4 file submitted by /u/Beans-McCheese [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iel2xc/how_do_i_get_gifs_to_save_as_a_gif_file_and_not/
  8. how do i get a dvd to play on my computer

how do i get a dvd to play on my computer: how do I get a dvd to play on my desk top https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-a-dvd-to-play-on-my-computer/52b0c1cc-d1de-4d75-9f59-367db0e54bbd
  9. VLC Security Vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    VLC Security Vulnerability: ... A serious Vulnerability has been found in the current version of the VLC media player. It can allow an attacker to remotely view and alter data, as well as execute code, on affected systems. VideoLan is working on a fix to be incorporated into the next version of VLC,...
  10. How do I create a dvd movie from an MP4 file

How do I create a dvd movie from an MP4 file: I have several Nero's and none of them will create a DVD that can be inserted into a DVD player and watched on a TV. It appears that it isn't possible. Nero spent 20+ minutes creating two folders that contain nothing but garbage. Put in the computer even Nero can't play the...