Windows 10: How do i get win 10 to bit stream dolby soundtracks.?

Discus and support How do i get win 10 to bit stream dolby soundtracks.? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just upgraded to win 10 but cant find how to get windows to bitstream dolby sounds to my amp? media player classic still works fine and the amp shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tepescovir, Jul 31, 2015.

1. How do i get win 10 to bit stream dolby soundtracks.?

Just upgraded to win 10 but cant find how to get windows to bitstream dolby sounds to my amp?
    media player classic still works fine and the amp shows dolby digital or dts ma etc when playing suitable films.
    but the amp only shows pcm when using windows media player, even the dolby demo for edge only shows pcm.
    Same issue with the netflix app, only pcm when dolby + soundtrack is selected?

How do i fix this please?

:)

Tepescovir, Jul 31, 2015
  2. CTroutman Win User

Netflix - Dolby Digital - Windows 10 10532 build - using an Asus Xonar Essence STX card

I have found that if I assign the analog output (an output I am not using--I am using the SPDIF port) from the card as my default sound source, I output Dolby Digital on the SPDIF when using IE and Netflix. It is as if IE does not recognize that the audio
    signal on the SPDIF is the assigned output for the Dolby bit stream.

It's working for online streaming, giving Dolby Digital, just I have assigned this unused output to do so.

Charlie

CTroutman, Jul 31, 2015
  3. How Do I Upgrade Win 10 32 bit to Win 10 64 bit?

To change architecture you must do a clean install and re-install all your apps. You can do this using the ISO. You must be activated on win 10 before you do a clean install

The fastest way to get the upgrade is to download the ISO. An ISO is like a dvd so to use it you will need to right click>mount. Start the upgrade from within windows.

WARNING: DO NOT USE THESE TO DO A CLEAN INSTALL (until after you have already updated). If you do
    you will not be able to activate it unless you have previously upgraded to win 10 and activated it. You then will be forced to re-install your previous OS before upgrading to win 10

Warning Running the media creation tool may prevent you from rolling back to a previous OS

The Official Final Windows 10 download is now available

Use the download tool to create ISO media to update your windows.

Download Windows 10

Use Download Tool Now (32bit version)

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=616935

Use Download Tool Now (64bit version)

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=616936

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 31, 2015
  4. How do i get win 10 to bit stream dolby soundtracks.?

k. found another issue, i use my htpc to also run my bedside tv with Bluetooth mouse. however i no longer have sound since going to win 10. my lg tv dosent even show up in audio playback devices when the amp in the other room is off.
    the amp is set to pass through and always worked with win 7/8 and xp.
    any idea on a fix?

Tepescovir, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Hey, I've got the same problem. Upgraded to Windows 10 so I could get the Netflix app and finally have Dolby 5.1 sound, but I can't get the audio to bitstream to my receiver... no Dolby icon lights up. Selecting 5.1 in the Netflix app under Languages only makes the sound louder.

Same for the Dolby Audio demo for the Edge browser. Sounds very good, but I'm unable to bitstream the audio.

However, playing .mkv movies with DD/DTS/DTS-MA/etc in Media Player Classic works just fine (I downloaded CCCP). It bitstreams to my receiver and my receiver displays the proper icons just like you'd expect.

I'm doing AMD 7950 > HDMI > Onkyo RX-SR707. Similar thread here: Netflix - Dolby Digital 5.1 not working on Windows 10 Build 10240 - Microsoft Community

I've also posted on other forums. I'll update this thread if I find anything promising.

edgevvater, Aug 3, 2015
  6. edgevvater, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How do i get win 10 to bit stream dolby soundtracks.?

1. How do i get win 10 to bit stream dolby soundtracks.? - Similar Threads - bit stream dolby

2. How do I get 5.1 dolby spatial sound to output?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get 5.1 dolby spatial sound to output?: I am trying to get 5.1 Dolby out of my HDMI ports and the license for it says its good but I can't select it as an option for spatial sound. My device is a Lenovo Idea Centre Gaming 5. Lenovo motherboard. 12th gen i7. Nvidia 3060. Intel UHD 770. I am running Windows 11 home...
  3. How do I get 5.1 dolby spatial sound to output?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get 5.1 dolby spatial sound to output?: I am trying to get 5.1 Dolby out of my HDMI ports and the license for it says its good but I can't select it as an option for spatial sound. My device is a Lenovo Idea Centre Gaming 5. Lenovo motherboard. 12th gen i7. Nvidia 3060. Intel UHD 770. I am running Windows 11 home...
  4. how do i reinstall dolby access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i reinstall dolby access.: i recently bought this laptop but after few days it wasn't working as accepted so i gave it to service centre to repair it ,thay had to reset the computer,but since than i can't use Dolby access as audio output,the laptop came with Dolby subscription....
  5. how do i reinstall dolby access.

how do i reinstall dolby access.: i recently bought this laptop but after few days it wasn't working as accepted so i gave it to service centre to repair it ,thay had to reset the computer,but since than i can't use Dolby access as audio output,the laptop came with Dolby subscription....
  6. How do I change win 10 pro from 32 bit to 64 bit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change win 10 pro from 32 bit to 64 bit?: I chose the 32 bit instead of 64 bit. I want to change to the 64 bit,I downloaded and made a media disc to install windows 10 it will not install....
  7. How do I change win 10 pro from 32 bit to 64 bit?

How do I change win 10 pro from 32 bit to 64 bit?: I chose the 32 bit instead of 64 bit. I want to change to the 64 bit,I downloaded and made a media disc to install windows 10 it will not install....
  8. How do I change win 10 pro from 32 bit to 64 bit?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Bit locker code , how do I get it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bit locker code , how do I get it?: Bit Locker code where do i fibd it please [Moved from Install, upgrade and active/windows 10/ Office 365 for business] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker-code-how-do-i-get-it/0c520ba9-bf87-45d7-b961-bf9066331cba
  10. How Do I Add An App or SoundTrack to A Wishlist on Windows Store?

How Do I Add An App or SoundTrack to A Wishlist on Windows Store?: So I was wondering, if anyone knew how to add to your personal wishlist on Windows Store? Unless it doesn't have one, if that's the case why? And I love having a wishlist on iTunes as it is awesome to go back later and remember and buy it. 27716