How do i get win 10 to bit stream dolby soundtracks.?

Discus and support How do i get win 10 to bit stream dolby soundtracks.? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just upgraded to win 10 but cant find how to get windows to bitstream dolby sounds to my amp? media player classic still works fine and the amp shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tepescovir, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Tepescovir Win User

Just upgraded to win 10 but cant find how to get windows to bitstream dolby sounds to my amp?
    media player classic still works fine and the amp shows dolby digital or dts ma etc when playing suitable films.
    but the amp only shows pcm when using windows media player, even the dolby demo for edge only shows pcm.
    Same issue with the netflix app, only pcm when dolby + soundtrack is selected?

How do i fix this please?

:)

Tepescovir, Jul 31, 2015
  2. CTroutman Win User

Netflix - Dolby Digital - Windows 10 10532 build - using an Asus Xonar Essence STX card

I have found that if I assign the analog output (an output I am not using--I am using the SPDIF port) from the card as my default sound source, I output Dolby Digital on the SPDIF when using IE and Netflix. It is as if IE does not recognize that the audio
    signal on the SPDIF is the assigned output for the Dolby bit stream.

It's working for online streaming, giving Dolby Digital, just I have assigned this unused output to do so.

Charlie

CTroutman, Jul 31, 2015
  3. ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP) Win User
    How Do I Upgrade Win 10 32 bit to Win 10 64 bit?

To change architecture you must do a clean install and re-install all your apps. You can do this using the ISO. You must be activated on win 10 before you do a clean install

The fastest way to get the upgrade is to download the ISO. An ISO is like a dvd so to use it you will need to right click>mount. Start the upgrade from within windows.

WARNING: DO NOT USE THESE TO DO A CLEAN INSTALL (until after you have already updated). If you do
    you will not be able to activate it unless you have previously upgraded to win 10 and activated it. You then will be forced to re-install your previous OS before upgrading to win 10

Warning Running the media creation tool may prevent you from rolling back to a previous OS

The Official Final Windows 10 download is now available

Use the download tool to create ISO media to update your windows.

Download Windows 10

Use Download Tool Now (32bit version)

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=616935

Use Download Tool Now (64bit version)

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=616936

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 31, 2015
  4. Tepescovir Win User

k. found another issue, i use my htpc to also run my bedside tv with Bluetooth mouse. however i no longer have sound since going to win 10. my lg tv dosent even show up in audio playback devices when the amp in the other room is off.
    the amp is set to pass through and always worked with win 7/8 and xp.
    any idea on a fix?

Tepescovir, Jul 31, 2015
  5. edgevvater Win User
    Hey, I've got the same problem. Upgraded to Windows 10 so I could get the Netflix app and finally have Dolby 5.1 sound, but I can't get the audio to bitstream to my receiver... no Dolby icon lights up. Selecting 5.1 in the Netflix app under Languages only makes the sound louder.

Same for the Dolby Audio demo for the Edge browser. Sounds very good, but I'm unable to bitstream the audio.

However, playing .mkv movies with DD/DTS/DTS-MA/etc in Media Player Classic works just fine (I downloaded CCCP). It bitstreams to my receiver and my receiver displays the proper icons just like you'd expect.

I'm doing AMD 7950 > HDMI > Onkyo RX-SR707. Similar thread here: Netflix - Dolby Digital 5.1 not working on Windows 10 Build 10240 - Microsoft Community

I've also posted on other forums. I'll update this thread if I find anything promising.

edgevvater, Aug 3, 2015
  6. edgevvater Win User
    edgevvater, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do i get win 10 to bit stream dolby soundtracks.? - Similar Threads - bit stream dolby

2. How to Enable or Disable Boot Log in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Boot Log in Windows 10: [IMG] Booting the computer system involves loading an operating system from the various boot devices like drivers, network, and USB drives when the computer is switched on. Once the startup sequence finishes loading the operating system, the system hardware will be [...]...
  3. How to fix corrupted bootres.dll file in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix corrupted bootres.dll file in Windows 10: [ATTACH] In this post, we will see what is the bootres.dll file in the Windows 10 OS and where is it located. We will also see how to fix or replace a corrupted bootres.dll file that may prevent you from booting [...] This post How to fix corrupted bootres.dll file in...
  4. Windows 10 login pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 login pin: How do I change and or correct my windows 10 login pin? I keep getting an error message when my PC reboots after updates have installed on my system and a reboot is required. I get the error message that the username and password are incorrect. Then I input my Microsoft...
  5. Windows 10 ISO - Media Creation Tool 1803 running super slow and doesn't ever show a file...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 ISO - Media Creation Tool 1803 running super slow and doesn't ever show a file...: I have been trying to get an Windows 10 1803 ISO for my office for a VM Hypervisor. The Media Creation Tool 1803 is running really slow and when I lock my computer down for my work day so it can keep downloading, when I come back, the program is closed and the file is not...
  6. Windows 10 cannot update to 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 cannot update to 1803: My newly installed Windows 10 Pro 64 bit cannot be updated to 1803. It finished downloading and 15% in to the installation, it fails. I uninstalled then still has no luck. I also ran the Windows update trouble-shooter tool. Thank you for your help...
  7. Windows 10 asks me to set up pin every time i log on, please help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 asks me to set up pin every time i log on, please help: every time i log on windows tries to set up pin, but i don't want pin! any help would be appreciated. thanks, ~Matt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-10-asks-me-to-set-up-pin-every-time-i-log/e1fe6901-0fe1-40d1-a990-5460f7ba6f23"
  8. Windows 10 Build 17134.228 is now available, download offline installers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 17134.228 is now available, download offline installers: Today is Patch Tuesday and Microsoft has just rolled out Windows 10 KB4343909. In case you’re planning to upgrade the PC manually, the direct download links for Windows 10 KB4343909 are also available. Windows 10 KB4343909 is available for devices running version 1803 and it...
  9. Cumulative Update KB4343897 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.611 - Aug. 14

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update KB4343897 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.611 - Aug. 14: August 14, 2018 - KB4343897 (OS Build 16299.611) Applies to: Windows 10, version 1709 Improvements and fixes This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include: Provides protections against...
  10. Cumulative Update KB4343909 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.228 - Aug. 14

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update KB4343909 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.228 - Aug. 14: Release notes not available yet. Direct download links for KB4343909 MSU file from Microsoft Update Catalog: *Arrow Download KB4343909 MSU for Windows 10 v1803 32-bit (x86) - 410.1 MB *Arrow Download KB4343909 MSU for Windows 10 v1803 64-bit (x64) - 734.8 MB [img]...