Windows 10: How Do I Get Windows 10 To Allow .bat & .exe Files @ Startup?

Discus and support How Do I Get Windows 10 To Allow .bat & .exe Files @ Startup? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Sorry, if I posted this in the wrong place! Until recently, Windows 10 would allow a .bat plus a .exe file to run, during startup. This was what I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by quest76, Dec 28, 2020.

1. quest76 Win User

How Do I Get Windows 10 To Allow .bat & .exe Files @ Startup?

Sorry, if I posted this in the wrong place!

Until recently, Windows 10 would allow a .bat plus a .exe file to run, during startup. This was what I wanted, because the .bat file would start a needed .exe program.

Yet, approximately 5 days ago, I had to switch software - which meant replacing the old .bat file, with a new one.

So, the new .bat file would start a new .exe program. This one was called: "t-rex.exe"; the .bat file would, among other things, start this .exe file.

Unfortunately, now, Windows 10 keeps preventing the new .exe file, from running. The OS reports:"'t-rex.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" - despite that I whitelisted both the .bat and .exe files plus the folder, from which they came!

How can I get Windows 10 to work, in the old manner?

How can I get it to automatically allow the .bat and .exe files?

Please reply.

:)

quest76, Dec 28, 2020

2. Cannot run an .exe file from .bat file in windows server 2016

I can not run .exe file from a .bat file, .bat file is dynamically create file which contains path to the .exe file. I can see the log of .bat file it prints echo statements but when It comes to execute .exe file it just skip. when I run .exe file manually
    it runs perfectly. we are doing this through task scheduler.

I would like to get some input what am I missing in the configuration.

prashanthkumar2, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Updating .bat File, Removing Default Apps

Hi SightUp.

Don't have a bat file but step 4 in Option 2 will give you complete list and you can mod yours.

Uninstall Apps in Windows 10

Ken

Caledon Ken, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

1. How Do I Get Windows 10 To Allow .bat & .exe Files @ Startup? - Similar Threads - Allow bat exe

2. Undo a startup made with .bat file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undo a startup made with .bat file: Hello,i runned a .bat file that conteined this script : @Echo off "path" Exit ;the script launchs a program at the startup, how can i undo this?thanks for ur help...
  3. Undo a startup made with .bat file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undo a startup made with .bat file: Hello,i runned a .bat file that conteined this script : @Echo off "path" Exit ;the script launchs a program at the startup, how can i undo this?thanks for ur help...
  4. Undo a startup made with .bat file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to hide a bat file that is opening on startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to hide a bat file that is opening on startup?: Hi i was just wondering how to hide a bat file that opens a powershell and runs a comand on startup.To run this i am using Run and then "shell:startup".I am runing this command for my window manager:"komorebic start -c "$Env:USERPROFILE\komorebi.json" --whkd"System: Windows...
  6. How to hide a bat file that is opening on startup?

How to hide a bat file that is opening on startup?: Hi i was just wondering how to hide a bat file that opens a powershell and runs a comand on startup.To run this i am using Run and then "shell:startup".I am runing this command for my window manager:"komorebic start -c "$Env:USERPROFILE\komorebi.json" --whkd"System: Windows...
  7. Convert Bat to exe?

Convert Bat to exe?: Is there a way to convert a batch file to exe but it is not detected as a trojan? Bat zu exe konvertieren?
  8. How to find out the list of commands for a .bat or .exe file?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to find out the list of commands for a .bat or .exe file?: hard to describe what im looking for i'll do my best to explain in details. example, an image software I use photo.exe when installed it automatically set up shell in registry for windows context menu for files type .bmp/.jpg etc etc. when viewed in registry/shell it show...
  9. How do I allow my child to download and use random exe files?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I allow my child to download and use random exe files?: I just want Microsoft family to have time restrictions, and he is free to download any game from the Internet. However, every time he wants to try out a game, it is a hassle to type in my password....
  10. How to run a .bat file as administrator in startup?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to run a .bat file as administrator in startup?: Hello. As BitDefender as an ongoing error, I want to run a small "bdfix.bat" at login time. But this .bat file MUST be run as an administrator to work. How do I do that? *Redface 120997