Windows 10: How do I get Windows 10 to function with several of my programs?

Discus and support How do I get Windows 10 to function with several of my programs? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since the January updates of Windows 10, I've had problems with downloads and accessing programs. I have to turn off some firewall protections to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TomSCville, Mar 16, 2019.

1. How do I get Windows 10 to function with several of my programs?

Since the January updates of Windows 10, I've had problems with downloads and accessing programs. I have to turn off some firewall protections to get some updates and sometimes that doesn't work. I can't access some programs, all or in part, and the programs' help desks help me thru a reinstall or a run thru process and still nothing is helping. I have worked my way around the problems of the programs I can access but have reached a dead end with one. I want to talk to someone about a specific program and maybe get the other problems fixed as well. Maybe even the Windows 10 or Microsoft problems too.

:)

TomSCville, Mar 16, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 16, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 16, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

How do I get Windows 10 to function with several of my programs?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

How do I get Windows 10 to function with several of my programs?

1. How do I get Windows 10 to function with several of my programs? - Similar Threads - function several programs

2. How do i get rid of these lines on the bottom of my screen? There are several lines and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get rid of these lines on the bottom of my screen? There are several lines and...: How do i get rid of these lines on the bottom of my screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-these-lines-on-the-bottom-of/fe10dea6-410b-4324-aaee-b707ad78f28d
  3. How do i get rid of these lines on the bottom of my screen? There are several lines and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i get rid of these lines on the bottom of my screen? There are several lines and...: How do i get rid of these lines on the bottom of my screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-these-lines-on-the-bottom-of/fe10dea6-410b-4324-aaee-b707ad78f28d
  4. How do i get rid of these lines on the bottom of my screen? There are several lines and...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I get out of Windows Insider Program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get out of Windows Insider Program?: My computer seems to be signed up for the Windows Insider program, although I do not want it to be. Looking on the web and using Microsoft's "assistant" gave me the same answer: "Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program, select “Stop Insider...
  6. how do I get the camera function working in Windows 10 in my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I get the camera function working in Windows 10 in my PC: How can I get the camera function to work in Windows 10 on my PC Dell XPS 8700? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-camera-function-working-in/17c0380e-eaa5-4de9-ab15-90d012f51a40
  7. My Start button is not functioning. How do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Start button is not functioning. How do I get it back?: My Start button is not functioning. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-button-is-not-functioning-how-do-i-get-it/126444dd-7e3c-4427-801d-2e6ff44784e1
  8. There is no video editor button or function on my "photos" program. what can i do to get...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is no video editor button or function on my "photos" program. what can i do to get...: Hi, I got an article where they show hot to edit videos on the "photos" on windows, however when I open the "photos" program there is no "new video" or edit video option. I have a brand new surface pro. What can i do? Thanks...
  9. How do I get my Cut and Paste function to work properly

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get my Cut and Paste function to work properly: Hi, I had posted a topic on here previously about my Cut and Paste function, however this function seems to be selective. I can use cut and paste using my mouse cursor to highlight on a sentence, copy then paste the highlighted words onto a document, no problem. I can also...
  10. how do I get email to function on Windows 10?

in Browsers and Email
    how do I get email to function on Windows 10?: I recently purchased a new Dell 5548 laptop, that came with the crappy Windows 10. I have had reset the operating system three times already in my attempt to get the computer operating properly. Now I cannot get the Windows Mail program to pick up my emails from my ISP...