Windows 10: How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my Sony Camcorder?

Discus and support How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my Sony Camcorder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I connect my Sony HDR-HC1 camcorder to my Windows 10 PC using either firewire or USB connectors the camera is not recognized. I have also tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by edokie, Aug 14, 2019.

1. edokie Win User

How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my Sony Camcorder?

When I connect my Sony HDR-HC1 camcorder to my Windows 10 PC using either firewire or USB connectors the camera is not recognized. I have also tried to connect to the camera via Sony's "Play Memories" software and I can't get the camera recognized. I turn the camera on and I can play DV tapes with HDV settings but because I can't get the camera recognized I can't get the tapes onto the hard drives of my PC. How can I get the video on the tapes imported into my computer? Thanks.

:)

edokie, Aug 14, 2019
  2. CrampyZY Win User

Sony camcorder to windows 10

I have a Sony DCR-HC35 camcorder and a new Dell laptop with windows 10. The laptop cannot find the camcorder despite the USB connection. Do I need some sort of new driver to overcome any incompatibility issues?

CrampyZY, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Transfering Video from Sony Camcorder to laptop

Hello, Can anyone help me? How do I transfer video from my Sony camcorder to my laptop, so I can edit through a video editing program and burn to DVD? Sony is telling me that my camcorder is not compatible with Window 10 therefore I need to buy a new camcorder.
    I was hoping for a better answer then that as the Sony model is DCR-TRV27 I have used it probably 6 times. It has USB streaming feature of which was turned on. I tried using the USB cable for the first time that was provided with the camcorder along with the
    Pixela Image Mixer that included the cd disk with USB driver and that does not work with Windows 10 either. Is there a driver or program that will fix this problem. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

MsCurious13, Aug 14, 2019
  4. How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my Sony Camcorder?

My laptop doesn't recognize my Camcorder

Hi Bahmani,

This could be caused by an outdated driver or a loose USB port. Kindly tell us if this is the first time that you would connect the camcorder to the computer? Is the camcorder detected under Device Manager? To check, press
    Windows key + X on your keyboard. Choose
    Device Manager
    . Look for the camcorder driver under Imaging Devices,
    Universal Serial Bus Controller, or Other Devices.

Have you tried connecting the camcorder to another device? Was it detected?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Here's how:

1. On the Start menu, type Troubleshoot and then hit
      Enter.
    2. Under Find and fix other problems, click Hardware and Devices, and then select
      Run the troubleshooter.

Updating the camcorder driver could also help. You can refer to this article on how to update driver in Windows 10.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you with more answers.

Monica Cam, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my Sony Camcorder?

1. How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my Sony Camcorder? - Similar Threads - recognize Sony Camcorder

2. How do I get my ssd with windows recognized by BIOS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my ssd with windows recognized by BIOS?: I have windows on my HDD and I want to switch it over to SSD. So I installed windows installation media onto an USB and tried to reset my pc and reboot using the USB. Now my pc is stuck on the windows getting ready screen and my BIOS won’t show the SSD that I installed...
  3. i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized: My 1394 i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized by Windows 10. It was working fine last week. I was able to capture video using Virtualdub. Now as of last week my camcorder is not recognized by Windows. I was using a 1394 adapter with the NEC controller and I...
  4. i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized: My 1394 i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized by Windows 10. It was working fine last week. I was able to capture video using Virtualdub. Now as of last week my camcorder is not recognized by Windows. I was using a 1394 adapter with the NEC controller and I...
  5. i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Windows 10 is not recognizing my JVC camcorder

Windows 10 is not recognizing my JVC camcorder: I have a JVC camcorder with video just taken. When I plug the cable into the USB port, it says Windows doesn't recognize the device. The video is of a family member at a nursing home. I really would like to upload it and send it to other relatives and family members. I've...
  7. How to connect my Sony MiniDv camcorder to PC with Windows 10?

How to connect my Sony MiniDv camcorder to PC with Windows 10?: When I connect my Sony DCR-HC14E camcorder to my Windows 10 PC using either firewire-USB connector the camera is not recognized. I have also tried to connect to the camera via Sony's "Play Memories" software and I can't get the camera recognized. How can I get the video on...
  8. Photos Video Editor with Sony camcorder fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos Video Editor with Sony camcorder fail: I have imported 4 videos from a Sony camcorder into Photos several times. When the "show them" option is available not available every time it fails to find the videos it just imported. Also, I can't start a video project and bring them in from a file on the computer. Can you...
  9. Win10 not recognizing camcorder

Win10 not recognizing camcorder: Trouble getting Win10 to recognize my camcorder. I have connected a Canon ZR300 mini-DV camcorder to my pc using a firewire cable, adapter firewire to thunderbolt, and adapter thunderbolt to thunderbolt over USB-C. I can see the camera called "Canon DV Camcorder" under...
  10. My laptop doesn't recognize my Camcorder

My laptop doesn't recognize my Camcorder: when I connect my Canon Vixia HF R50 to my Laptop windows 10 nothing happens on my Laptop but the USB sign flashes on camcorder screen Moved from: Windows 10 / Connect Phone & PC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get handcam on pc

2. how do i play sony handycam on my dell

3. windows 10 laptop not recognising sony camcorder

4. sony tr250 handycam not being recognized by USB,
  5. windows cant detect sony handycam,
  6. how to get pc to recognize sony handycam ,
  7. How do I get windows to recognise camcorder,
  8. sony hdr hc1 driver,
  9. sony dv usb streaming windows 10,
  10. how do i get windows 10 to recognise my sony camcorder,
  11. pc recognizing camcorder,