Windows 10: How do I get Windows 10 to remember all my window sizes and positions?

Discus and support How do I get Windows 10 to remember all my window sizes and positions? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a laptop hooked up to big external display. Every time the laptop goes to sleep, when I log back in all of the windows are in the upper left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by J S Wilson, Aug 26, 2020.

1. How do I get Windows 10 to remember all my window sizes and positions?

I have a laptop hooked up to big external display. Every time the laptop goes to sleep, when I log back in all of the windows are in the upper left hand corner of the display. They have either shrunk to 1/8 th of the monitor or gone full screen. I think it has to do with the fact that I keep the laptop closed. I think what is happening is that all the windows move from the monitor to the laptop when the monitor goes to sleep then move back when I login. As the laptop monitor is really small compared to the external monitor all the windows bunch up together and loose their size and position. It's a pain to have to reposition everything two or three times a day.

Am I the only one who has a monitor that is big enough that I don't need to use the laptop screen?

:)

J S Wilson, Aug 26, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Remember window position

I suggest for GPU-Z to save its window position on exiting/starting again. Most similar programs have this - please add!

For example, I want to move GPU-Z to my 2nd monitor, and have it keep that position after I close it and run it again.
    An example of a program that has this is Core Temp - I use Core Temp to track my CPU temps, and use GPU-Z to track my videocard temps.
    RealTemp has it too.

(Sorry if this has been brought up before...
    Core Temp has a small bug with the window position when using 2 monitors, but its author will be fixing that too.)

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 26, 2020
  4. How do I get Windows 10 to remember all my window sizes and positions?

Windows explorer not remembering window position

I'm suffering from the same problem. I like to configure window sizes and positions to accommodate them to my workflow and this is annoying. It remembers the window size correctly but always opens a little off to the right and bottom as described above.

Is there anything we can do to have it remember its last window position?

Ruben Alamina, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

How do I get Windows 10 to remember all my window sizes and positions?

1. How do I get Windows 10 to remember all my window sizes and positions? - Similar Threads - remember window sizes

2. Windows don't remember folder size / position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows don't remember folder size / position: Goodmorning.Yesterday i tried to re-install Windows 11 because on my previous Windows 11 i had a problem where when i open "file explorer" which is pinned on my taskbar it will always openon its default folder size / position . When i first install Windows 11 yesterday it...
  3. Windows don't remember folder size / position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows don't remember folder size / position: Goodmorning.Yesterday i tried to re-install Windows 11 because on my previous Windows 11 i had a problem where when i open "file explorer" which is pinned on my taskbar it will always openon its default folder size / position . When i first install Windows 11 yesterday it...
  4. Windows 11 Does Not Remember The Window Size And Position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Does Not Remember The Window Size And Position: Windows 11 does not remember the window size and position when docking/undocking. e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, Adobe, etc. I have checked the Settings > System > Display > Remember window locations based on monitor connection, however that seems to have no effect....
  5. Windows 11 Does Not Remember The Window Size And Position

Windows 11 Does Not Remember The Window Size And Position: Windows 11 does not remember the window size and position when docking/undocking. e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, Adobe, etc. I have checked the Settings > System > Display > Remember window locations based on monitor connection, however that seems to have no effect....
  6. Windows 10 does not remember window position and size

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 does not remember window position and size: If Windows does not remember the window position and size then this post will help you fix the problem. Although Windows 10 should open the […] This article Windows 10 does not remember window position and size first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position

ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position: Recently started having problems with the fantastic little utility written by a member of the Windows 7 forums, whom I'm hoping now frequents these forums too. For some reason, shellfolderfix 1.1.15 is no longer remembering windows sizes/positions. I've removed it, deleted...
  8. How about remember position/size checkbox for windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How about remember position/size checkbox for windows?: Like notepad for instance, it always shows up where I last used it. Handy yes, but not always, let us be able to check or uncheck the suggested option. In Captain Picards voice: Very well, make it so. submitted by /u/Daemonshmike [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 How do I lock the position and size of a window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 How do I lock the position and size of a window: I have followed threads with the same question and I find no solution. Perhaps a better description of the problem will help. When I open a window such as Google the window opens upper left about 1/8 the size I want. I can move the window to the right then drag the corner...
  10. How do I get windows 10 to remember window size and position

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I get windows 10 to remember window size and position: I resize an open window to my reqirement, but at each restart of computer the adjusted windows opens at its original size. What procedure can resolve this....