Windows 10: How do I get windows 10 to remember password for apps

Discus and support How do I get windows 10 to remember password for apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have an app that I have to put in my username and password everytime to log in and I would like my PC to remember it. If I do a search it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by banjoclan, Jun 4, 2019.

1. banjoclan Win User

How do I get windows 10 to remember password for apps

Hi,

I have an app that I have to put in my username and password everytime to log in and I would like my PC to remember it. If I do a search it will give me results for how to get it to remember passwords for sites but that's not the issue. If I put app in the search (like this post title) it comes back with a bunch of apps that helps you remember passwords which isn't what I want either. Any help would be appreciated.

Banjo

:)

banjoclan, Jun 4, 2019
  2. 7.62 Win User

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

7.62, Jun 4, 2019
  3. jec298829 Win User
    Can't remember administrator password in Windows 10

I am running Windows 10. I cannot remember my administrator password even with the clue I noted. I've tried suggestions listed on different forums, nothing works. I can sign in to Microsoft, but apparently this is a different account. So, how do I
    reset or recover my administrator password?

jec298829, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I get windows 10 to remember password for apps - Similar Threads - remember password apps

2. Do not remember password!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Do not remember password!: I do not remember a password to my computer & it says my security answers are not all correct. It has been a couple of years since I have used this computer. It shows up in my devices on Microsoft products but I can’t acces anything else. Please help!!!...
  3. Do not remember password!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do not remember password!: I do not remember a password to my computer & it says my security answers are not all correct. It has been a couple of years since I have used this computer. It shows up in my devices on Microsoft products but I can’t acces anything else. Please help!!!...
  4. Do not remember password!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I get Windows 10 to remember my log in password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get Windows 10 to remember my log in password?: I use Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge. When I start my computer I have to log in and type in my password. How do I save that password so that automatically allows me to log in? I do not want to have to enter my password every time I turn on my computer....
  6. How do I get Windows 10 to remember my log in password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get Windows 10 to remember my log in password?: I use Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge. When I start my computer I have to log in and type in my password. How do I save that password so that automatically allows me to log in? I do not want to have to enter my password every time I turn on my computer....
  7. How do I get Windows 10 to remember my log in password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do I get rid of a microsoft account that I can't remember the password

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I get rid of a microsoft account that I can't remember the password: I have a microsoft account that I have never used. It is tied to an e-mail address that I don't have access to anymore since Cableone cut me off when I changed to ATT Uverse. How do I get rid of this account and open another one with the correct information....
  9. How do I get windows 10 to remember window size and position

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I get windows 10 to remember window size and position: I resize an open window to my reqirement, but at each restart of computer the adjusted windows opens at its original size. What procedure can resolve this....
  10. How do I get sites to remember my username and password?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I get sites to remember my username and password?: Hi There are one or two Forums and sites that I visit on a regular bases, where it would be very useful, if the Site/s in question could at least remember my username and maybe my password as well. So I didn't keep having to fill in all my details every time. Is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i get windows to remember a password