Windows 10: How do I get Windows 10 to stop asking me to setup my PC?

Discus and support How do I get Windows 10 to stop asking me to setup my PC? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I custom built my PC in 2016 when win7 was supported and when I upgraded to win10 around 2019 when I heard win7 support was ending.Since then roughly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nick Ritter, Dec 2, 2022.

1. How do I get Windows 10 to stop asking me to setup my PC?

I custom built my PC in 2016 when win7 was supported and when I upgraded to win10 around 2019 when I heard win7 support was ending.Since then roughly every month or so win10 has been asking me to finish setting up my PC by creating a One Drive backup when I already have 2 back up drives and a back up saved to Google Drive. I do not like One Drive as a product.Can anyone please tell me how to disable this pop up, I am finally at the point where I'm tired of seeing this on startup every other month.Current build of Win10 is 22H2 if that helps at all

:)

Nick Ritter, Dec 2, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 2, 2022
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 2, 2022
  4. How do I get Windows 10 to stop asking me to setup my PC?

Windows 10 setup boot loader is stucking

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience that you are currently facing with regards to your update. Listed below are links which you can refer to resolve the issue you are facing. You can follow the suggestions by and check if it helps.

Steps to follow when Windows 10 setup fails:

Redirecting

How to: Troubleshoot common Setup and Stop Errors during Windows 10 Installation

Redirecting

How to: A list of things to do if Windows 10 Setup fails.

Redirecting

Troubleshooting for windows 10:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-troubleshoot-common-setup-and-stop-errors/324d5a5f-d658-456c-bb82-b1201f735683

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 2, 2022
Thema:

How do I get Windows 10 to stop asking me to setup my PC?

1. How do I get Windows 10 to stop asking me to setup my PC? - Similar Threads - stop asking setup

2. How do I stop windows 10 asking me to log out?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I stop windows 10 asking me to log out?: When I log in to my pc to start up it takes ages. Once booted it says I must log out of my account. I can't access my files or apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-windows-10-asking-me-to-log-out/404da1c8-0db3-4fba-bf58-d1d6995a61de
  3. how do i get my computer to stop asking me if i want to open a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get my computer to stop asking me if i want to open a folder: how do i get my computer to stop asking me if i want to open a folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-computer-to-stop-asking-me-if-i/4629fd75-bf02-4a76-a7ff-88c0a92abe3e
  4. how do i get my computer to stop asking me if i want to open a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i get my computer to stop asking me if i want to open a folder: how do i get my computer to stop asking me if i want to open a folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-computer-to-stop-asking-me-if-i/4629fd75-bf02-4a76-a7ff-88c0a92abe3e
  5. How do I get Windows 10 to stop asking me to setup my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get Windows 10 to stop asking me to setup my PC?: I custom built my PC in 2016 when win7 was supported and when I upgraded to win10 around 2019 when I heard win7 support was ending.Since then roughly every month or so win10 has been asking me to finish setting up my PC by creating a One Drive backup when I already have 2...
  6. How do I get Windows 10 to stop asking me to setup my PC?

How do I get Windows 10 to stop asking me to setup my PC?: I custom built my PC in 2016 when win7 was supported and when I upgraded to win10 around 2019 when I heard win7 support was ending.Since then roughly every month or so win10 has been asking me to finish setting up my PC by creating a One Drive backup when I already have 2...
  7. How can I get Windows 10 to stop asking me to confirm my app choices?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I get Windows 10 to stop asking me to confirm my app choices?: I have associated a number of non-standard Windows apps with various file types, but Windows 10 likes to question my choices by displaying the application choice dialog with my already selected app checked and asking me to confirm "always use this app to open". This is...
  8. how do stop windows asking me to create a pin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do stop windows asking me to create a pin: so, i reinstalled windows, now every time i turn on my pc it asks for me to create a pin, but i cant since i no longer have access to that email (i did the recovery form now and in the past but nothing yet) so any way to disable it asking me to do it? cheers submitted by...
  9. Windows 10 recognizes me as the Administrator. How can I get it to stop asking me for...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 recognizes me as the Administrator. How can I get it to stop asking me for...: How can I get Windows 10 to stop asking me for Administrator approval? I sign into Windows as the Administrator and it recognizes me as the Administrator but whenever I want to rename, copy or move a file, it asks me for Administrator approval. I'm the sole user of this...
  10. Stop OneDrive from asking me to setup account!

Stop OneDrive from asking me to setup account!: I know there are many suggestions in the tutorials but none seem to work so far. I have 2 DeskTop systems and the one I just built keeps asking me to setup a OneDrive account. Both systems have 64 bit Windows 10 Pro so I have no idea what this new system has that is set...