Windows 10: How do I get windows 10 to stop making all my folders read only permanently?

Discus and support How do I get windows 10 to stop making all my folders read only permanently? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried to install a program into D:\Program Filesx86\ and the installation failed because windows 10 made it read only right away. I went into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Elliander Eldridge, Oct 30, 2020.

1. How do I get windows 10 to stop making all my folders read only permanently?

I tried to install a program into D:\Program Filesx86\ and the installation failed because windows 10 made it read only right away. I went into Advanced Security Settings as the administrator and taken control over the folder and sub folders and I can clearly see that I have full control selected, but it still would fail to disable read only. Or rather, it would go through the motions of it, then not actually do it.

Finally I noticed that even though I am logged in as the administrator with full control, authenticated users and users did not have full control and I was unable to set that. This was interfering with my ability to disable read only. Once I disabled inheritence I could see that every Principal had Full Access, so I tried removing read only again and... nothing. I still cannot run the program properly.

This is a painful situation that happens all too frequently. Looking at the forums here, this is a generally common nightmare situation, and one which really shouldn't happen. Ever. I'd like to figure out how to stop windows from making any folder read only. Security is great and all, but if it keeps me from using my computer at all it's useless to me.

:)

Elliander Eldridge, Oct 30, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 30, 2020
  3. How to stop sharing folder for windows 10?

Referring to following link, I would like to know on how to stop sharing folder for windows 10.

I cannot find Stop Sharing option on step 5.

Use these steps to stop sharing any folder on Windows 10:

1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Computer Management and click the top result to open the experience.
    3. Expand the Shared Folders branch from the left pane.
    4. Click the Shares item.
    5. Right-click the folder that you no longer want to share and the Stop Sharing option.
    Furthermore, ADMIN$ is found to be Remote Admin under computer management.

There is no option to stop it as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop sharing and remote?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

How to stop sharing network folder on Windows 10 • Pureinfotech

PublicMicro, Oct 30, 2020
  4. czerwian Win User

How do I get windows 10 to stop making all my folders read only permanently?

Permanent read-only folder problem

Hello everyone, I'v got small problem with few folders downloaded from github from one guy. Namely I'm making open tibia server, but it doesn't matter. I'v got there cache folder with two subfolders.

How do I get windows 10 to stop making all my folders read only permanently? [​IMG]

When I'm trying to change read only option from properties, it's changing back to be marked on. I'm trying to change owner of this folders from properties/security etc. but it doesen't help me.. Same with CMD run as admin and command attrib -R. CMD Showing then this folders don't have any attributes after attrib command like this

How do I get windows 10 to stop making all my folders read only permanently? [​IMG]

But when I go to propetries again I see something like this *Banghead

Independently what I'm doing it's always read only.. Guys please help me with this problem..
    It's 100% Admin account, only one account btw on this windows so...

czerwian, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

How do I get windows 10 to stop making all my folders read only permanently?

1. How do I get windows 10 to stop making all my folders read only permanently? - Similar Threads - stop making folders

2. All my folders are read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my folders are read only: Everytime I try to uncheck the folders they go back to read onlyto clarify a few thingsI am the admin of the computerI already did the SFC scan and nothing came outWindows defender folder control access is offhappens in more than one hard driveI tried several things online...
  3. All my folders are read only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my folders are read only: Everytime I try to uncheck the folders they go back to read onlyto clarify a few thingsI am the admin of the computerI already did the SFC scan and nothing came outWindows defender folder control access is offhappens in more than one hard driveI tried several things online...
  4. My folders keep reverting to READ ONLY, how do i stop this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My folders keep reverting to READ ONLY, how do i stop this?: My folders keep reverting to READ ONLY, I have tried to Controlled folder access, but even though i am the owner and administrative of my personal computer it will not let me in. How do i stop my folders from all being read only, even when i have changed the setting? I have...
  5. My folders keep reverting to READ ONLY, how do i stop this?

My folders keep reverting to READ ONLY, how do i stop this?: My folders keep reverting to READ ONLY, I have tried to Controlled folder access, but even though i am the owner and administrative of my personal computer it will not let me in. How do i stop my folders from all being read only, even when i have changed the setting? I have...
  6. How do I permanently disable Read Only on a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I permanently disable Read Only on a folder?: I'm trying to give one of my applications access to one of my folders don't worry, it's safe and trusted, but I need to disable Read-Only on my folder. I tried disabling it in the General tab of Properties, but whenever I closed out of the Properties window, it seemed to...
  7. How do I permanently disable Read Only on a folder?

How do I permanently disable Read Only on a folder?: I'm trying to give one of my applications access to one of my folders don't worry, it's safe and trusted, but I need to disable Read-Only on my folder. I tried disabling it in the General tab of Properties, but whenever I closed out of the Properties window, it seemed to...
  8. Permanent read-only folder problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Permanent read-only folder problem: Hello everyone, I'v got small problem with few folders downloaded from github from one guy. Namely I'm making open tibia server, but it doesn't matter. I'v got there cache folder with two subfolders. [img] When I'm trying to change read only option from properties, it's...
  9. How do I make Metadata read-only?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I make Metadata read-only?: After reading about how the creation and modification dates on files can be changed by something as insignificant as a copy operation (a rather major flaw which seems like not only horrible but easily fixable programming to me, especially considering Mac doesn't seem to have...
  10. How do I make View permanent in all folders

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I make View permanent in all folders: I keep changing to List View in Folder Options but it doesn't stay that way, nor does it set all the folders on that drive. I would prefer that all folders on my PC open in List View & I can choose Large Icons if & when I want to & have it go back to List View when I exit...