Windows 10: How do I get windows back up to stop creating parallel USERNAME (1) (2) versions, rather...

Discus and support How do I get windows back up to stop creating parallel USERNAME (1) (2) versions, rather... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been using the built in windows backup. Every 6 months or so, I will swap out my backup drive A with backup drive B. However I noticed that at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by justinCTU, Sep 10, 2019.

1. justinCTU Win User

How do I get windows back up to stop creating parallel USERNAME (1) (2) versions, rather...

I have been using the built in windows backup. Every 6 months or so, I will swap out my backup drive A with backup drive B. However I noticed that at some point a few months back drive B stopped backing up my files.

I turned back up off and then on - and now when it looks at back up B, it sees 8 TB free, ignoring the 7TB of backups already there.

I was hoping to just do some incremental backups rather than the whole thing over again. When I look into drive B I see that there are folders for USERNAME USERNAME (1) USERNAME (2). And when I run backup, it just creates another version.

Is there anything I can do so it keeps appending to the same folder, and not creating a new one each time I start/stop the backup?

:)

justinCTU, Sep 10, 2019
  2. Jordan He Win User

api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-1.dll is missing

It is not *-l1-2-0.dll nor *-sysinfo-l1-2-1.dll but *-l1-2-1.dll that is missing.
    I have a win8.1 Ent installing in Parallels Desktop on my MacBook Pro.
    I'm trying to install a win10 on an external USB3.0 following the tutorial.
    On the last step in Step 3: Deploy the Windows installation image, I try to create the boot section using:

but it pops up "The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
    The windows installed in Parallels is 64bit, and the win10 I'm trying to install is also 64bit.

How can I fix this problem?

Jordan He, Sep 10, 2019
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Sep 10, 2019
  4. How do I get windows back up to stop creating parallel USERNAME (1) (2) versions, rather...

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

How do I get windows back up to stop creating parallel USERNAME (1) (2) versions, rather...

1. How do I get windows back up to stop creating parallel USERNAME (1) (2) versions, rather... - Similar Threads - stop creating parallel

2. how do i stop random folders from getting created

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i stop random folders from getting created: i havent even installed any application in asbuka or what this is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-random-folders-from-getting-created/3ba375d1-8391-46fd-9605-6d03dcd8c835
  3. How do I get my old windows Version back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my old windows Version back?: Alright, I'm gonna go my bad on this one. But a year ago Could be less I really don't know I found about Windows sandbox and that it was a VM. I saw a Video on how to get it, But you had to get Windows Pro/Enterprise Etc. So, I saw that it cost 100€ and I didn't wanna spend...
  4. How do I get my old windows Version back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my old windows Version back?: Alright, I'm gonna go my bad on this one. But a year ago Could be less I really don't know I found about Windows sandbox and that it was a VM. I saw a Video on how to get it, But you had to get Windows Pro/Enterprise Etc. So, I saw that it cost 100€ and I didn't wanna spend...
  5. Sort problem I get 1, 10, 11 ... 2 rather than 1,2 . How do I fix it

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort problem I get 1, 10, 11 ... 2 rather than 1,2 . How do I fix it: Hi folks has something changed with the sorting algorithms in the latest version of Windows -- I'm getting for example 1,11,12....19,2.21.... instead of 1.2.3 -- I don't want a leading zero and I'm using bog standard UK keyboard with GB version of Windows. So no different...
  6. How do i create a purchased DIGITAL version of windows 10 operating system for back up ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i create a purchased DIGITAL version of windows 10 operating system for back up ?: I need to find out how to create a Back up version of Windows 10 digital version purchased from Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-create-a-purchased-digital-version-of/98ef9a7d-9985-4d89-9e32-459848c38550
  7. How do I get ALL backups to STOP backing up?

How do I get ALL backups to STOP backing up?: There seems to be a backup running at the most inopportune time. I don't know if it is a 'system' backup or some other unknown backup running. How to stop them or at least identify who the culprit is/are?...
  8. Why would you create a back up image and restore rather?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Why would you create a back up image and restore rather?: Sorry, but not enough space for a complete question in the title. After seeing another post with a person switching from an HDD to an SSD and a couple of people suggesting creating a back up image and restoring from that rather than just cloning the HDD, why question is,...
  9. Why would you create a back up image and restore rather?

Why would you create a back up image and restore rather?: Sorry, but not enough space for a complete question in the title. After seeing another post with a person switching from an HDD to an SSD and a couple of people suggesting creating a back up image and restoring from that rather than just cloning the HDD, why question is,...
  10. how do i create a back up for win 10 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    how do i create a back up for win 10 ?: I want to have some way of recovering everything just in case things go bad with win 10 17150