Windows 10: How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler?

Discus and support How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler? I go: Schedule tasks > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mwidunn, Sep 22, 2018.

1. mwidunn Win User

How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler?

I go: Schedule tasks > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender.

I had been messing around with the scheduler trying to make it work properly. Unfortunately, in the process I believe that I deleted the whole task (when I thought I was just deleting its properties and triggers).

Is there any way to get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in the list of tasks?

Thanks!

:)

mwidunn, Sep 22, 2018

2. Task Scheduler-Windows Defender Scheduled Scan fails (quick scan)

It looks like you’ve added triggers to all of the Windows Defender scheduled tasks. All of these tasks are actually
    system tasks and they’re all being triggered automatically every day by
    Windows Automatic Maintenance – so it’s pointless to add another trigger to any of them (despite the fact that Microsoft published a bogus method for scheduling a scan by adding
    a trigger to the Windows Defender Scheduled Scan task):

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ers-scan/f399bb87-37c9-4a74-bb35-1d7e3d3c2436

There are multiple issues with scheduling a scan by adding a trigger to the
    Windows Defender Scheduled Scan task in the new release of Windows 10 (Version 1607), as I've explained in this thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...defender/131bb44c-2593-4f35-b9e3-84bab934cc5e

Additionally, you might have an issue with the file path for the
    Windows Defender Scheduled Scan task that needs to be corrected. My recommendation would be to delete all of the triggers that you’ve added to the Windows Defender scheduled tasks, and then set up a daily Quick Scan with
    the proper method for scheduling any task in any version of Windows – the
    Create Basic Task Wizard. In order to avoid the new
    erratic scan issue that cropped up in Version 1607, you’ll also need to be sure that you
    don’t change the user account when you get to step 7 here – just leave the account for your task at the default setting:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...o/ec19aab4-10ce-4f41-9990-343056fd104f?page=1

GreginMich, Sep 22, 2018
  3. CSS321125 Win User
    Schedule regular scans with Windows Defender in Windows 10

Ok, Thank you, that was helpful.

I found Windows Defender on that list thank to your instructions. However, I am at a dead end again.

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel and then select New.

• Now choose when you want to scan and how frequently. Select OK to add the trigger.

I see Windows Defender on the list on the left hand side. However I see no "Windows Defender Scheduled Scan" to double click on.

(If I do double click on just "Windows Defender", I see the various tabs, and if I Hit "Triggers" there is no "NEW". So it can't be just plain "Windows Defender". And as I said, I see no "Windows Defender Scheduled Scan" unless I'm blind.

I appreciate any further help.

CSS321125, Sep 22, 2018
  4. How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler?

Scheduled scans by Windows Defender not recognized by Windows Defender

I have a scheduled scan by windows defender in my task scheduler. When I review the task in the task scheduler window, it shows that the task complete successfully two days ago, however when I open Windows Defender it says that I am overdue for a scan.

It appears that the Windows Defender program does not recognize the automatically scheduled scan.

dick8299RichardHam, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler? - Similar Threads - Defender Scheduled Scan

2. Help My windows defender scan schedule task is missing from the task scheduler.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help My windows defender scan schedule task is missing from the task scheduler.: The antimalware executable was using large amounts of my disk on task manager slowing down my pc so I searched online as to how to fix the issue, I came across this...
  3. Schedule Defender Scans

Schedule Defender Scans: No issue running at demand quick scans via Settings >Windows security>virus and threats >select quick scan . OK. Went to Task scheduler > windows defender to sequence a daily scheduled scan as per Brinks Tutorial and found this . [img] Proceeded to insert new scheduled...
  4. how to schedule windows defender scan

how to schedule windows defender scan: How can I schedule a windows defender scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-schedule-windows-defender-scan/1751ff45-23df-4e9e-ba79-2a46a16b7abd
  5. Scheduling Windows Defender scans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scheduling Windows Defender scans: I'm not understanding how/if Windows Defender anti-virus, etc. scans operate. Does the User need to manually start a scan, from the various Scan types available in settings ? It's unclear. Can't find anywhere to examine previous Defender scans ....to see what was...
  6. Schedule Windows Defender Scan

Schedule Windows Defender Scan: Can I schedule a virus scan to run at regular times? [Original Title: Windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/schedule-windows-defender-scan/eab2c9ea-4138-4a76-80d1-e0afa89c8f10
  7. How to schedule Windows defender scan?

How to schedule Windows defender scan?: How to schedule Windows defender scan? It says Search for and open Schedule tasks. Where do I have to search? I found nothing. Do I search in C, windows,...
  8. How do I schedule a scan in Window Defender

How do I schedule a scan in Window Defender: I can't find how to schedule a scan in Windows Defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-schedule-a-scan-in-window-defender/3b08d31c-7e16-482a-8443-9dff25f77305
  9. Windows Defender Scheduled Scan

Windows Defender Scheduled Scan: How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler? I go: Schedule tasks > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. I had been messing around with the scheduler trying to make it work properly. Unfortunately, in the process I...
  10. Windows Defender Scan Schedule?

Windows Defender Scan Schedule?: Don't know if this is just me or not, but: For the last month or so WD regularly hits me with the Yellow Warning Triangle to SCAN NOW. Sometimes twice a day. Sometimes days between these events. I don't know enough to be able to find the date/time of it's last scan. Not...