Windows 10: how do I get windows defender turned off. its says snooze

Discus and support how do I get windows defender turned off. its says snooze in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I going to use system mechanic ultimate defense program "shield .... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BruceAbraham, Apr 14, 2020.

1. how do I get windows defender turned off. its says snooze

I going to use system mechanic ultimate defense program "shield .

:)

BruceAbraham, Apr 14, 2020

2. WINDOWS DEFENDER is turned off

Hi Ahmed,

Since you're not able to turn on Windows Defender as well, we'd like to know if you have made any changes recently prior to this issue. In the meantime, you may follow the steps below on how to turn on Windows Defender manually:

• Type Windows Defender in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Go to Settings and make sure that the Turn on real-time protection recommended option is turned on.
    Same thing with the other members who are having the same issue, we suggest that you check if the service was setup to
    Automatic in the Services option. Please follow the steps that we've provided last
    September 3, 2017.

Let us know how if you were able to turn it on properly by changing the Startup type to Automatic.

Eileen Gal, Apr 14, 2020
  3. tpriest Win User
    Security Centre reports Kaspersky and Windows Defender turned off

In Windows Settings / Update and Security it only has Windows Defender in the list on the left hand side, this reports "The settings for Windows Defender Antivirus aren't available because it is turned off"; then gives the option to Turn on Windows Defender Antivirus.

In old-style Control Panel / Security and Maintenance, under the Security heading, it reports Windows Defender Antivirus and Kaspersky Internet Security are both turned off, and gives a button View Antivirus Applications. This shows the dialogue box I mentioned in the OP which lists the two installed virus protection applications: Kaspersky Internet Security - Off, Windows Defender Antivirus - Snoozed.

Kaspersky reports Your Computer is protected and can be seen in Task Manager to be running and consuming resources.

As Windows - falsely - claims neither is running there's no option to turn one off.

I'm wondering whether it started with this week's Windows updates.

I might try uninstalling and re-installing KIS to see if it makes any difference.

tpriest, Apr 14, 2020
  4. how do I get windows defender turned off. its says snooze

Can't turn on Windows Defender

im running windows 10 atm, but i followed all the steps listed and when i go to start window defender manualy a screen pops up saying windows defender service started and then stopped

aydengomez, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

how do I get windows defender turned off. its says snooze

1. how do I get windows defender turned off. its says snooze - Similar Threads - defender turned off

2. How do I turn off the Windows defender warning that says " local security authority...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off the Windows defender warning that says " local security authority...: I have a Windows Defender warning that says Local Security Authority protection is off. I have toggled on and restarted several times but cannot clear the warning. Does that mean it is still off?...
  3. How do I turn off the Windows defender warning that says " local security authority...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off the Windows defender warning that says " local security authority...: I have a Windows Defender warning that says Local Security Authority protection is off. I have toggled on and restarted several times but cannot clear the warning. Does that mean it is still off?...
  4. My microsoft defender antivirus shows its was snoozed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsoft defender antivirus shows its was snoozed: As you can see, As you can see , my microsoft defender antivirus shows its was snoozed and Whenever I open my windows security it says, 'your IT administartor has limited access over some apps '.On top of that, I am sure i dont have any antivirus program running on my laptop...
  5. My microsoft defender antivirus shows its was snoozed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microsoft defender antivirus shows its was snoozed: As you can see, As you can see , my microsoft defender antivirus shows its was snoozed and Whenever I open my windows security it says, 'your IT administartor has limited access over some apps '.On top of that, I am sure i dont have any antivirus program running on my laptop...
  6. My microsoft defender antivirus shows its was snoozed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. how do i turn windows defender off

how do i turn windows defender off: its being so annoying i cant take it anymore its so ANNOYING HOW THE HELL DO I TURN THIS OFF ITS SO ANNOYING I WOULD SWEAR IF I COULD HOW DO I TURN IT OFF...
  8. How do I turn Windows defender off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn Windows defender off?: How do I turn Windows defender off? I just cant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-windows-defender-off/7ee2a11f-f152-4b57-ba6e-25eaf1bca305
  9. Windows Defender is turned off. How do I turn it on?

Windows Defender is turned off. How do I turn it on?: Somehow Windows Defender was turned off. I have spent the better part of the afternoon searching and trying to turn it back on. How and where do I do it? Help, please! * Moved from Windows 8.1/Security * Original title: Windows Defender...
  10. How do I turn off just the DEFENDER NOTIFICATIONS

How do I turn off just the DEFENDER NOTIFICATIONS: Hello All: I see how to turn off the REAL TIME PROTECTION but that is not what I want to do, I want to stop DEFENDER from throwing up the constant flow of Windows Defender Found Threats & is REMOVING THEM. I don't think I'm going to sites that would give me that much...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. snooze window defender permanently