Windows 10: How do I get Windows Search Indexing in Windows 10 to search e-mails in Outlook 2007?

Discus and support How do I get Windows Search Indexing in Windows 10 to search e-mails in Outlook 2007? in Cortana to solve the problem; How do I get Windows Search Indexing in Windows 10 to search e-mails in Outlook 2007?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by adwissler, May 21, 2020.

1. adwissler Win User

How do I get Windows Search Indexing in Windows 10 to search e-mails in Outlook 2007?

How do I get Windows Search Indexing in Windows 10 to search e-mails in Outlook 2007?

:)

adwissler, May 21, 2020
  2. jonmcc33 Win User

Vista Windows Search indexing...

This is taken from a discussion started in this thread and is now a new thread.

Mussels, who is invited to this discussion if he wishes to do so, claimed that his experience Windows Search causes "chugging" even though by default it only scans a single location of C:\Users. Although, once you install Outlook 2007 it will scan your e-mail as well.

There are the facts that Windows Search uses lower disk I/O and priority when you use your computer. It's similar to the defrag in Windows Vista, which does work quite well I might add.

How do I get Windows Search Indexing in Windows 10 to search e-mails in Outlook 2007? 2uskch2.jpg

Even when I added a new source to index, my entire D:\ volume of a 320GB HDD nearly full, I did notice the disk reading but no drop in performance, even for the CPU.

How do I get Windows Search Indexing in Windows 10 to search e-mails in Outlook 2007? n1fo2b.jpg

There is a lot of misconception it seems of what the Windows Search indexing does and does not do. I have it running enabled, now on an entire volume as well.

So the question would be, is this "chugging" merely an imagined drop in performance or just someone not used to a hard drive actively reading.

What does everyone else here think? Please keep this a friendly discussion/debate. *Big Grin How do I get Windows Search Indexing in Windows 10 to search e-mails in Outlook 2007? :D

jonmcc33, May 21, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, May 21, 2020
  4. How do I get Windows Search Indexing in Windows 10 to search e-mails in Outlook 2007?

Mail searching issue in outlook 2007 over windows 10

Hi Team,

We are facing mail searching issue in outlook 2007 .

its always showing indexing in going on with PST file or With out PST

Bhupendra Kushwaha, May 21, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I get Windows Search Indexing in Windows 10 to search e-mails in Outlook 2007? - Similar Threads - Search Indexing search

2. Indexing bug: e-mail recipients indexed and searched only partly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Indexing bug: e-mail recipients indexed and searched only partly: Hi,There seems to be bug in the indexing of .msg files. I store Outlook .msg files in the file system. Hence I also search in these files in the file system, using File Explorer. If searching by to:SomeDomainName, the search results are incomplete. It seems that some .msg...
  3. Indexing bug: e-mail recipients indexed and searched only partly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing bug: e-mail recipients indexed and searched only partly: Hi,There seems to be bug in the indexing of .msg files. I store Outlook .msg files in the file system. Hence I also search in these files in the file system, using File Explorer. If searching by to:SomeDomainName, the search results are incomplete. It seems that some .msg...
  4. Indexing bug: e-mail recipients indexed and searched only partly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows search and search indexing not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows search and search indexing not working: Windows search not working. Below error showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-and-search-indexing-not-working/9d6dd3b6-bcb5-471d-b02c-bb110c33ea10
  6. Windows Search Bar and Outlook Mail

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar and Outlook Mail: Hey, so, recently my computer started doing this weird thing where when I try to search in the search bar or click on my emails, it highlights the program or email above it and then the one above it and so on until it gets to the top. In the search bar, it is basically going...
  7. Windows 10 not searching or indexing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not searching or indexing: No indexing, so I sfc /scannow ,dism etc, rebuild, re-ran windows 20H2,restoro,restore, and still indexing will not come around. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-not-searching-or-indexing/db14f97d-377c-4769-8105-3edae83ce2b5
  8. Indexing - search problems on outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Indexing - search problems on outlook: My search function on Outlook did not work properly. Seem not to perform the search properly. I rebuilt the indexing and then it was perfect. After a few weeks I experience the same problem. I did perform the rebuild again and its fine again. Do I miss something here. Must I...
  9. Does Windows 10 Search index Windows 10 Mail?

in Cortana
    Does Windows 10 Search index Windows 10 Mail?: I've searched and have been unable to get a clear answer on whether Windows 10 Search indexes email within the Windows 10 Mail app. I know it indexes Outlook mail but I don't want to rely on yet another mail client just so it can index email within a desktop search....
  10. windows 10 search and indexing

in Cortana
    windows 10 search and indexing: Search is not working in File Explorer Windows 10. When I use Control Panel for Indexing Options I have no one included location after very long waiting. Nothing changed here after I use Rebuild in Advanced: no included location again. I did Stop and Restart of Windows Search...